Rewrite Discussion Thread

starfighter9

I started reading Rewrite in December, but got stuck on the second day of the main route because it didn't meet my expectations maybe....

So guys is it true, that only one route in Rewrite, that resembles Key (in the classic sense) and most "Keyish" is

Shizuru's?

2nd day? come on man you got to stick it out. Yes the common route is long but I'm telling you its worth it.

You barely read anything of the main route. Give it time.

With what? the story, the cg?

Mostly not being too cohesive between routes, being too long in certain parts and everything a good reviewer may say. I was talking through the general point of view though, as I don't really care about any of those. In fact, I find it enjoyable.

I loved every route and I can't really declare any favorites. Kotori's because... well, Kotori is cute as hell and everything was depressing till the end until "that" final scene. Then we have Chihaya's, which was EPIC. Some may not like it because of the lack of romance, but I personally loved the epicness that route brought with it. Shizuru's was pretty normal and I was kind of disappointed at the fact that Kotarou didn't do much, but the ending made it great in the end. Lucia's... wow, romance was all over the place in that route. The most romantic route in this VN. Weird, considering Ryukishi's style... And finally Akane's, which was probably the most interesting one of all... because of many reasons.

Oh, and Moon and Terra which were flawless.

Something really un-Key like, but awesome because of it.

Again I say: this is my favorite VN at the moment!

P.S: I loved LB too. Rewrite surpassed it by a hair.

I started reading Rewrite in December, but got stuck on the second day of the main route because it didn't meet my expectations maybe....

So guys is it true, that only one route in Rewrite, that resembles Key (in the classic sense) and most "Keyish" is

Shizuru's?

I suppose it goes from one person to other...My favourite character is Lucia, but the route I liked the most was Chihaya's...I wouldn't compare Rewrite to any of the other KEY vns or animes I've seen. Even Angel Beats is more "Keyish" than Rewrite if you ask me :/

2nd day? come on man you got to stick it out. Yes the common route is long but I'm telling you its worth it.

You barely read anything of the main route. Give it time.

Yeah, fair enough. In fact I'm actually going to go back to reading Rewrite later. It's Key after all and I've heard a lot of good reviews about this VN.

I wouldn't compare Rewrite to any of the other KEY vns or animes I've seen. Even Angel Beats is more "Keyish" than Rewrite if you ask me :/

Heh, I start to realize that maybe it's not so bad after all.

Welp. Chi the human boulder's route is finally done.

That was kind of fun, actually, despite the absurd amount of cliche' that was stuffed into it. I'm surprised. I was expecting something worse from all the bad people seem to talk about it.

Welp. Chi the human boulder's route is finally done.

That was kind of fun, actually, despite the absurd amount of cliche' that was stuffed into it. I'm surprised. I was expecting something worse from all the bad people seem to talk about it.

DO NOT listen to the haters. Everyone should play and see for themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

I seriously must be the only one who hated Shizurus ending.

It was so cartoonish and stupid to me.

Damn. Maybe I'm insane.

:mellow:/>/>

No, you're far from the only one. At the moment I've gone through every route save Terra and I have to say that I was quite disappointed in Shizuru and Chihaya's route's. I am a sucker for romance, and I thought the romance between Kotarou and Chihaya/Shizuru was really fabricated. The other girls have their own quirks and situations that make themselves appealing to Kotarou,

such as Kotori who is a childhood friend and Lucia, who upon his discovery of her past made itself very apparent why he fell in love with her, and Akane who turns out to be nothing but a fragile flower.

Shizuru's route felt cheap and rushed, and there really wasn't that much interesting about it. It's a real shame because I like her character.

If I had to choose one route of Rewrite for someone to play, it would be Lucia's simply because of her dere.

Edited by Demi_kon

No, you're far from the only one. At the moment I've gone through every route save Terra and I have to say that I was quite disappointed in Shizuru and Chihaya's route's. I am a sucker for romance, and I thought the romance between Kotarou and Chihaya/Shizuru was really fabricated. The other girls have their own quirks and situations that make themselves appealing to Kotarou,

such as Kotori who is a childhood friend and Lucia, who upon his discovery of her past made itself very apparent why he fell in love with her, and Akane who turns out to be nothing but a fragile flower.

Shizuru's route felt cheap and rushed, and there really wasn't that much interesting about it. It's a real shame because I like her character.

If I had to choose one route of Rewrite for someone to play, it would be Lucia's simply because of her dere.

I actually didn't mind Chi's as much as some people. I thought it was fun, if not flawed to absolute sin and back, but fun none the less if you don't sharpshoot all the shonen tropes.

Lucia and Akane's route more then made up for it though. Even Kotori's while a bit.. odd, was gratifying in a way.

Although in my incredibly irrelevent opinion, even the worst side routes of Rewrite stand above quite a bit of some of the worst routes of past Key works. The cast is bright enough and the plot thick enough that everything always offers at least something. Shizurus really doesn't feel right without reading Terra though.

Although in my incredibly irrelevent opinion, even the worst side routes of Rewrite stand above quite a bit of some of the worst routes of past Key works. The cast is bright enough and the plot thick enough that everything always offers at least something.

This is true... let's be honest, does anyone even remember Yukine from Clannad? I had to look her name up just now because I totally forgot.

I suppose it goes from one person to other...My favourite character is Lucia, but the route I liked the most was Chihaya's...I wouldn't compare Rewrite to any of the other KEY vns or animes I've seen. Even Angel Beats is more "Keyish" than Rewrite if you ask me :/

My favorite character is Akane, though I liked Lucia's route the most because of the dere. I'm playing through Little Busters at the moment, having finished Komari's, and Rin's route. So far, I enjoyed Rewrite's side routes much more than Little Busters' though I might have to rethink that after playing some of the other routes.

hi guys, just wanna ask about rewrite VN, never played it yet though but planning to after im finished with G-senjou maou.

Does rewrite have gameplay elements? like what i read from some posts? like dungeons? floor boss??

Rewrite has a series of segments called 'Mappie' that involve you scrolling around on a small area of the screen to select objects of interest on a map of the surrounding area, this is part of the game which contains both story objectives and hidden extra fun stuff although there is no gameplay beyond searching for the hidden popups and clicking on them to see story scenes. The fandisc Harvest Festa does have a segment called Rewrite Quest which is probably what you saw being referenced (dungeons and floor bosses).

The fandisc Harvest Festa does have a segment called Rewrite Quest which is probably what you saw being referenced (dungeons and floor bosses).

Yes, all dungeons and floors talk come from Rewrite: HF(Rewrite quest to be exact) Rewrite quest is basically a dungeon-crawling game. And, like starfighter said, there are no true gameplay element in rewrite.

Does anyone know what the voice speed option is for? I tried it, and the only use I can think of for it would be to make Pani sound even more ridiculous.

It serves no function other then it speeds up the voice to make you able to progress faster. I hate the function because it just sounds ridiculous .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

What's up guys
I come here to make a question, I intend to download rewrite to be a visual novel well known and highly praised, sorry that my internet is super slow and it will take an entire week to get (seriously) and here I ask that anyone who has read me say do you think, to motivate me to do even the fame that VN has is huge, but in the opinion of you who are experienced players, this VN is that good?
Just a curiosity even.

I know that here are many topics in this LN, but wanted to create one to ask about, and generate a discussion based on it.