Who here misses Berserk?

Darizuka

I've been reading it for three years, I'm used to waiting it by now. It kinda sucks to have so few episodes every year but the quality is there, I'm happy with that. And yeah, last time they appeared they were on the boat (If you're talking about the Sea Horse), right now we're having a look at a different character.

I dropped it a few years ago when the author was going on a long hiatus. It was dragging out like Nisekoi anyhow. The little love triangle (square if you count Guts one way feelings for Caska) was grating to watch. The fight scenes were becoming very shonen like. I honestly wasn't a big fan of the new armor and it's over 9000 increase in power rating.

Give me back my Golden Age Berserk. I want to hear talks of strategy, Machiavellian politics, both large scale wars and small skirmishes. Guts' one man struggle to cure Caska's insanity was also intriguing. I could have lived with just Puck. 

So yes, in a way, I do miss my Berserk.  

I dropped it a few years ago when the author was going on a long hiatus. It was dragging out like Nisekoi anyhow. The little love triangle (square if you count Guts one way feelings for Caska) was grating to watch. The fight scenes were becoming very shonen like. I honestly wasn't a big fan of the new armor and it's over 9000 increase in power rating.

Give me back my Golden Age Berserk. I want to hear talks of strategy, Machiavellian politics, both large scale wars and small skirmishes. Guts' one man struggle to cure Caska's insanity was also intriguing. I could have lived with just Puck. 

So yes, in a way, I do miss my Berserk.  

I had mixed feelings about the Berserker armor at first, but it's honestly a necessary thing. Guts is fighting more and more enemies, sometimes more than one at once, and even if his armor is sturdy, apostles hit hard and dealing with the stronger ones will be hard even with it.

I find the new party really nice, in special, I enjoy Serpico as a character and Schierk because she's the one showing us the magic of Berserk's universe in a mid-big scale, while teaching Farnese the small details which is interesting. But yeah, Golden Age Berserk was very likely the real golden age of Berserk, it was just that good. 

I had mixed feelings about the Berserker armor at first, but it's honestly a necessary thing. Guts is fighting more and more enemies, sometimes more than one at once, and even if his armor is sturdy, apostles hit hard and dealing with the stronger ones will be hard even with it.

I find the new party really nice, in special, I enjoy Serpico as a character and Schierk because she's the one showing us the magic of Berserk's universe in a mid-big scale, while teaching Farnese the small details which is interesting. But yeah, Golden Age Berserk was very likely the real golden age of Berserk, it was just that good. 

The armor is probably unavoidable like you said, but the reason seemed more like because the writer, wrote himself into a corner the minute he started writing in fantastical creatures like it was an RPG. It's all down to personal preference, but I still preferred they keep the gear man made instead of resorting to magic. The struggles of man against his inner demon and all that. The god hand were a manifestation of man's inner evil and wish for a God so it made for good story when they appeared. They were based off the cenobites, making them really terrifying.

The fairy tale creatures were quite generic however.

But like I said, it's all personal preference and good for Kentaro if he's still holding attention from readers with his newer material.

The armor is probably unavoidable like you said, but the reason seemed more like because the writer, wrote himself into a corner the minute he started writing in fantastical creatures like it was an RPG. It's all down to personal preference, but I still preferred they keep the gear man made instead of resorting to magic. The struggles of man against his inner demon and all that. The god hand were a manifestation of man's inner evil and wish for a God so it made for good story when they appeared. They were based off the cenobites, making them really terrifying.

The fairy tale creatures were quite generic however.

But like I said, it's all personal preference and good for Kentaro if he's still holding attention from readers with his newer material.

Hm, I think even without the fantastical creatures, the armor or at least something to boost Guts's strength would be needed. He's fighting the God Hand, and we saw just how powerful they are during the Eclipse already, if he really end up trying to face one of them, he can't do it only with the Dragon Slayer and his willpower. Even the Skull Knight couldn't touch any of them so far and he's definitely the strongest non-God Hand being in the manga, he already tried even coming out of a portal to surprise attack Femto and failed. 

Yeah, the fantasia creatures are mostly generic ones but I think that's kinda unavoidable when you mix middle earth with fantastical monsters. At least, we have already been shown that some of those creatures are a bit different from the regular ones, like the Kelpie (The mid-level magic water user sea monster). I highly expect some more interaction with different monsters. In special, I hope to see something about Godo's past now that dragons appeared, I'm very interested in the story about the kingdom who needed a sword to kill a one and why he was almost hanged, seeing Guts face a dragon with the Dragon Slayer would also be a feast for the hype.

But I heard Kentaro Muira's been having health problems :<

hmm.. I like berserk because it has an amazing impact on me than any other series i've watched :< 

but aside from Berserk

other series im going for the long run is Jojo's bizarre adventure and One Piece.

I just hope they will do the Arc about the overzealous religious fanatic madman and his "Angels" for an upcoming Berserk Movie.. maybe Part 5 or 6... because if they were to make a movie of Part 4 they have to introduce the pixie, Guts killing the slug-like apostle and the little thieving kid and so forth.

Not so sure about his health issues, but he is getting pretty old so it's to be expected that he might run into a few.

Berserk is thought provoking in some things that other animes tend to either avoid or deal with in a different way. Of course it's not the only one, but it's one of the few that do such an splendid job. But one of the greatest aspects of Berserk are probably the characters. Not only the main ones, but even the secondary characters and the antagonists/villains get so much development without us noticing it, Miura manages to tell us the side characters stories quickly and without slowing down the episodes pace, he also get us attached to even the lowest of the lowest among the low-life scum - I am looking at you Count, and Griffith to some extent. Together with Saya no Uta, Berserk is the best place to learn how much appearances can be deceitful, Griffith is the embodiment of this matter.

I have yet to read Jojo, but I'm sure it'll take some time, having over than 1000 chapters is a lot. Oda said that when One Piece reached around the 600 chapter, he got half the story complete, so it can be expected around 1200 chapters before the series end.

Oh yes, the tower of conviction arc would be really fun to see animated. That said, having a new Berserk anime that would follow the manga perfectly would be interesting but it probably won't happen, it would catch up with the story too fast considering how many episodes we get each year.