YouTube is Finished

OriginalRen

WHy not use a youtube downloader thing yourself? at least in firefox, that kind of thing is very easy to find in plugin form.

I would, however my computer takes a copious amount of time to upload a video to YouTube. I was hoping someone who had a faster internet connection would be able to assist in the moving of videos to my new channel.

UPLOAD COMPLETE

http://www.fuwanovel.moe/originalren/

if you want anything else I've missed let me know.

Like a boss, man.  Unlimited Upload Works fits pretty well in this case  :P

I'd offer to do it, but unfortunately, my mb/s download cap is around 3, and my upload cap is even smaller, so...I doubt I'd be much help.  I'll just have to watch from the sidelines, I guess.

My condolences on this whole thing. While I can begin to understand the story-based-game-copyright idea, it's tragic and probably unwarranted that you took a hit for something that you did for the sake of the visual novel and the community. I expect that Pulltop isnt willing to take an imagined hit in sales for the sake of fostering the growth of the foreign visual novel community. I hope and believe that you'll find it in yourself to continue following the spirit of this idea despite these troubles. Very much luck in future endeavors, beloved entertainer.

Also, fuwanovel.moe is telling me that my firefox isnt modern! T.T

My condolences on this whole thing. While I can begin to understand the story-based-game-copyright idea, it's tragic and probably unwarranted that you took a hit for something that you did for the sake of the visual novel and the community. I expect that Pulltop isnt willing to take an imagined hit in sales for the sake of fostering the growth of the foreign visual novel community. I hope and believe that you'll find it in yourself to continue following the spirit of this idea despite these troubles. Very much luck in future endeavors, beloved entertainer.

Also, fuwanovel.moe is telling me that my firefox isnt modern! T.T

Well, I remember that Sakurai threw a tantrum when he found out that people posted the cinematics from SSBB on YouTube, even though it's a fighting game with barely any story at all...big baby.  Not like it ruined the game or anything.  Without the context of the levels, the cinematics explain nothing.  I'm pretty sure some people just go ape-shit and wave copyrights in peoples' faces, even when it does nothing to hurt the sales of their product.  I've read PDFs of books on the internet when I've needed to, but I still buy the physical books.  Never understood that logic.

And I've read pdfs of books on the internet and then not bought the books (sorry book authors u.u). I'm saying I can understand the view of those people in particular, not the SSBB stuff or whatever. I'm not entrenched enough in the situation to where I actually have a developed opinion on story-based vs non-story-based copyright infringement, but it seems to be that the SSBB thing was in their rights, but also dumb. It also seems to me that this particular issue was in their rights, and probably dumb, but isnt necessarily so in all cases... I'm not big into story-based games, but I can at least understand why you wouldn't want to buy one after having taken all the benefits of actually owning it before paying the money to actually own it.

To whom it may concern on Fuwanovel,

Today I received 2 strikes on my YouTube account for copyright issues regarding my Cocoro@Function! video series. After being reported by someone who watched the videos a week ago telling me they were contacting Pulltop, I had videos removed and my standing put in a bad name. The details are as follows:

• Work allegedly infringed - Software: "ココロ@ファンクション!" *Software interface is shown

Due to this, my YouTube channel is no longer in good standing and I am unable to upload videos longer than 15 minutes or do anything unique for my channel. This essentially ruins every single project I am doing for the site, and as such I am left with nothing. I have submitted an email to the original copyright claim's address in hopes they could retract it, however I doubt they will even bother to respond.

As such, all of my streamed videos have been deleted from my account and all of my video series have been cancelled. That being said, I really don't have much to say and am feeling too rotten to even put my thoughts into words.

Thank you to everyone who sat with me, Aldred, Mephisto, and zoom909 for the last 6 months. It was a blast and I am happy it motivated me to do what I do for this website.

That's it. I'm heading to bed for the evening. I have no motivation for trivia updates or posting tonight.

YouTube is stupid. Nothing else I could say. People get jealous all the time. I keep wondering if I'm able to post a video on my site. Not uploading, but making it viewable so people can play it. I haven't bothered with it on my blog but I'm sure that's possible.

Make your own blog and post your stuff on there. I'm planning to move away from YouTube and the stupidity they have.

And I've read pdfs of books on the internet and then not bought the books (sorry book authors u.u). I'm saying I can understand the view of those people in particular, not the SSBB stuff or whatever. I'm not entrenched enough in the situation to where I actually have a developed opinion on story-based vs non-story-based copyright infringement, but it seems to be that the SSBB thing was in their rights, but also dumb. It also seems to me that this particular issue was in their rights, and probably dumb, but isnt necessarily so in all cases... I'm not big into story-based games, but I can at least understand why you wouldn't want to buy one after having taken all the benefits of actually owning it before paying the money to actually own it.

I dunno.  Even if I pirate stuff that I can't get, if I can eventually get a physical copy at a reasonable price, I buy it.  I don't like only having digital copies, aside from Steam games.  It...just feels more real.  I tend to skip PDFs anyway, since I have a hard time reading blocks of text if it's on a screen.  Still, though, that's like trying to get walkthroughs taken down because it ruins the experience.  The logic behind it is deeply flawed, in my opinion.  Unless you record yourself playing through every part of a VN and post it, they can't claim that you ruined the story for everyone.

I'm annoyed at Sakurai because he threw a tantrum and decided to not make any cinematics or even a story mode in SSB4/Wii U/3DS.  That's just not cool.  Not only did he try to get the videos taken down, but he punished people that were not even involved.  That's why I think he was being a huge baby.  His logic doesn't even make sense.

Damn, someone really did decide to be an asshole...  with the company itself... you are probably screwed.  Pulltop's partner/subsidiary Moenovel has been making occasional noises in the general direction of maybe possibly someday during a blue moon deciding to localize that game, so I they probably see it as protecting legitimate business interests in a potential future market. 

俺は基本的にめんどくさいことをするのが嫌いなんだから、たぶん、お前たちがやったことをしようと思っても、おそらくやらなかっただろう。 俺の場合、翻訳がせいぜい。 実際にネットに流すと言う発想はない。 翻訳は俺が自然にできるようになった物の為、’面倒くさい’と言う感覚があまりない。 まあ。。。自分なりのけじめをつければ、俺たちの意見なんてただの野次馬の煽りにしか聞こえないだろうから、’がんばれ’のような下らない励まししか投げない。 自分でもなさけないこの上ないと思うけどね。。。 *クレファスは苦笑した*

Damn, someone really did decide to be an asshole...  with the company itself... you are probably screwed.  Pulltop's partner/subsidiary Moenovel has been making occasional noises in the general direction of maybe possibly someday during a blue moon deciding to localize that game, so I they probably see it as protecting legitimate business interests in a potential future market. 

俺は基本的にめんどくさいことをするのが嫌いなんだから、たぶん、お前たちがやったことをしようと思っても、おそらくやらなかっただろう。 俺の場合、翻訳がせいぜい。 実際にネットに流すと言う発想はない。 翻訳は俺が自然にできるようになった物の為、’面倒くさい’と言う感覚があまりない。 まあ。。。自分なりのけじめをつければ、俺たちの意見なんてただの野次馬の煽りにしか聞こえないだろうから、’がんばれ’のような下らない励まししか投げない。 自分でもなさけないこの上ないと思うけどね。。。 *クレファスは苦笑した*

What does that say anyways?

I may be a bit behind but didn't Pulltop send Mephisto a letter of appreciation for promoting their game via your YouTube let's plays? Maybe you should've put some sort of a disclaimer for that? YT's copyright claim system is very prone to abuse afterall.

I feel like giving you a big hug~<3

I asked him earlier on TS. They're not even sure the guy was from Pulltop actually. Also even if he was there's no way to know what kind of position he has, and if someone at Pulltop did ask for enforcement it was probably some executive or lawyer.

The logic behind it is deeply flawed, in my opinion.  Unless you record yourself playing through every part of a VN and post it, they can't claim that you ruined the story for everyone.

That's a bit hyperbolic. Sure you can't necessarily equate Youtube views to lost sales and in the long run it might not have any real impact on how well your title sells, but I don't think its a deeply flawed premise nor an entirely unprecedented exercise of their rights.That is if it was even Pulltop who flagged it, which I suspect might not even be the case.

This is anecdotal so take it for what it's worth, but I have a friend who's avoided Telltale's recent endeavors due to him being able to view the content on Youtube, despite an interest in them. Obviously he's only representative of himself, but I do think certain games lose significant value if you decide to just watch it on Youtube. I also have another friend who avoided Gone Home last year due to that same reason. Whether they would of truly bought it otherwise is up for debate of course and my friends were idiotic since both games are best when they're fully experienced first hand.

That said I usually sympathize with Youtubers when it comes to the copyright hammer. A good bit of companies thankfully see the value Let's Plays bring and they actively engage the Youtube community and provide review copies and access into betas and whatnot. Unfortunately, The system itself can be abused. See the case of the Guise of the Werewolf creators who took down TotalBiscuit's video that was critical of the game.

I think part of the point to be made about spoiling or whatever here is that Ren's only providing two routes.

Yeah, I think its bullshit myself. I don't think it really hurt anything and I myself was glad to see content that I wouldn't have otherwise experienced. I just thought the claim itself wasn't something to be entirely disregarded.

Well, I remember that Sakurai threw a tantrum when he found out that people posted the cinematics from SSBB on YouTube, even though it's a fighting game with barely any story at all...big baby.  Not like it ruined the game or anything.  Without the context of the levels, the cinematics explain nothing.  I'm pretty sure some people just go ape-shit and wave copyrights in peoples' faces, even when it does nothing to hurt the sales of their product.  I've read PDFs of books on the internet when I've needed to, but I still buy the physical books.  Never understood that logic.

俺は基本的にめんどく さいことをするのが嫌いなんだから、たぶん、お前たちがやったことをしようと思っても、おそらくやらなかっただろう。 俺の場合、翻訳がせいぜい。 実際 にネットに流すと言う発想はない。 翻訳は俺が自然にできるようになった物の為、’面倒くさい’と言う感覚があまりない。 まあ。。。自分なりのけじめを つければ、俺たちの意見なんてただの野次馬の煽りにしか聞こえないだろうから、’がんばれ’のような下らない励まししか投げない。 自分でもなさけないこ の上ないと思うけどね。。。 *クレファスは苦笑した*

This is a literal pile of bullshit and best (worst) excuse ever any dev could pull out of the hat to "protect" their business. I'm really wondering when developers of all kinds will learn that increased positive recognition means increased profits.

Well, at least some good news has come from this. I have found out from YouTube today that you are able to create additional channels on your Google account which continue to have a good standing regardless of previous problems with your old channel. This being said, the strikes I have accumulated will not go away until a year's time has passed, and if I do get another instance of a copyright strike, my entire YouTube account will be terminated. This means that I would be unable to create anything tied to the email account or Google account from now on.

Still, I have recreated my channel and named it "OriginalRenFuwanovel." If you do follow my old channel, I would love to see you follow the new one. I plan to upload all of my previous videos that are original works (the podcasts, the Akihabara tours, etc.) onto that channel, however I have worked hard in making the "Let's Play" series and as such I don't want to lose that content.

Is anyone willing to download the Dracu-riot! and Nursery Rhyme videos from my YouTube account so I can find a way to transfer them over to my computer at some point in time? They hold a lot of value to me (I know that sounds stupid), so I don't want to lose all the work I did. Cocoro@Function! is saved and I have all of those videos, however the other ones still need to be saved. Any help would be appreicated, and as soon as I know those videos are safe I will remove them from my original channel.

I am sorry for bothering the community with this task, and I appreciate the feedback regardless.

Could you give us a link to your new channel? If there was already one and im blind (I always am) I apologise.