Lot's of Choices

TurtleHurdle

Lots of choices hmm... probably something by Key. I would say go for Little Busters! or Rewrite but Clannad, Kanon or Air might be good choices as well. Fate Stay Night has a lot of choices but the story you go down is determined early on and the rest of the choices lead to bad ends.

Well, I don't know which VN's you've already read. But KEY games have lots of choices (Clannad, Little busters, ...) and many have an influence.

Fate stay night also has many choices.

Aoishiro, Soul Link. Choices that really matter and lots of bad ends with story. Fairly high amount of normal endings as well in the first case (from overall 56 endings), and a very clever bad end system in the latter (several chances during the game to get the necessary item, for instance, so even if you didn't get it the first time you can still beat the game). I don't recommend Key games in this respect because their bad ends suck.

Ever17 has a lot of choices, it lacks in the amounts of ending department however, if you don't mind. All ages and translated, the best game for beginners.

My best recommendation that fits what your need : If you can read Japanese, will be Root Double: Before Crime, After Days by the writer of Ever17. It has massive amounts of choices, 30+ endings. Oh, it is all ages as well. It uses a very unique choice system not seen in any other VN. Even if you can't I recommend you do it anyway with translation tools, it is just that good.

My best recommendation that fits what your need : If you can read Japanese, will be Root Double: Before Crime, After Days by the writer of Ever17. It has massive amounts of choices, 30+ endings. Oh, it is all ages as well. It uses a very unique choice system not seen in any other VN. Even if you can't I recommend you do it anyway with translation tools, it is just that good.

^  +10 to this. Personally, I like Root Double more than Ever-17. Really liked how they executed the true ending.

Aside from having a solid story and fully-voiced protagonists, another good point of Root Double is its well-made bad ends.

A choice you made in earlier stage might affect you in the future and you don't realize you're entering the bad end til it is too late.

A particular bad end totally surprised me. Only after playing about 1 hr and collecting about 5 CGs, did I realize that I entered bad end. And guess what ? The trigger is accumulation of some wrong choices I made since the start. Each of those choice didn't immediately take effect, instead they punished you at the end with an elaborate bad end. Man, that was my favorite bad end in VN so far.

^ All is assuming that you have yet to find out  the "loophole" of the choice system that is~ xD

^  +10 to this. Personally, I like Root Double more than Ever-17. Really liked how they executed the true ending.

Aside from having a solid story and fully-voiced protagonists, another good point of Root Double is its well-made bad ends.

A choice you made in earlier stage might affect you in the future and you don't realize you're entering the bad end til it is too late.

A particular bad end totally surprised me. Only after playing about 1 hr and collecting about 5 CGs, did I realize that I entered bad end. And guess what ? The trigger is accumulation of some wrong choices I made since the start. Each of those choice didn't immediately take effect, instead they punished you at the end with an elaborate bad end. Man, that was my favorite bad end in VN so far.

^ All is assuming that you have yet to find out  the "loophole" of the choice system that is~ xD

I've seen this game on a Vita sale once and it piqued my interest a bit - but you just completely sold me! I absolutely love bad ends when done right, and this sounds plain amazing, adding it to the top of my to-read list. :D

As for my suggestion... if you're looking for some a bit unconventional choices, check out Kara no Shoujo. Each day you get to pick where to go on a map, rather than picking from a set of choices - and you also get to investigate the crime scenes and solve the mystery on your own. The story ends depending on how you do - and it almost never ends well.

KEY VNs were also mentioned a lot already, but I would like to bring attention to Clannad specifically. Out of the KEY VNs I've played, Clannad provides the most choices, most flexible 'common route' and a plethora of routes. If you're looking for an interactive story that changes constantly according to almost every single choice you make, this might be your best bet from the translated bunch.

This might not be in the area you're exactly looking for, but Long Live The Queen has a lot of choices and player agency. There's a clear line to why you fucked up, although all the bad ends will largely feel like they're owed to the fact that you're not precognitive.

As to the game's quality, you're mileage may vary. I enjoyed it for what it was, a cheap relatively short title I wasn't expected a whole lot out of.

• 2 weeks later...