grisaia no meikyuu and rakuen

Accel

is the translation ongoing or not ?

i'm Currently playing kajitsu and i liked it so much

so i wanted to know if it ongoing

and if it ongoing how much do you think it will take to Complete ?

and if i wanted to learn Japanese do you think it will be much faster than Waiting for the translation to complete ?

Well the translation for Grisaia no Meikyuu is on going and it's at 7%

How long it'll take is anyone's guess.

And recently Sekai Project licensed Grisaia no Kajitsu so there's no telling if they have any plans for Meikyuu or not.

Assuming the translation doesn't die and keeps this pace yes I'd say it's faster to learn some japanese and use some text hooking tools than to wait for the patch.

For now it's dead since the TLer Koestl has been contacted by Manga Gamer and Sekai Project and he's working for them, the Sekai Project one has to do with the commercialization of an official translation of Kajitsu, so if it does well enough in terms of sales we could see at least a Meikyuu release. All speculations though.

For now it's dead since the TLer Koestl has been contacted by Manga Gamer and Sekai Project and he's working for them, the Sekai Project one has to do with the commercialization of an official translation of Kajitsu, so if it does well enough in terms of sales we could see at least a Meikyuu release. All speculations though.

This is accurate, the translation progress is really small because it was postponed almost as soon as it was started. Koestl, the translator, was contracted by MangaGamer to translate Gahkthun, and the Kaijitsu sequels are stalled in the meantime. The Sekai Project stuff adds another wrinkle to the situation but I don't think there's anything stopping Koestl from picking those back up if SP choses not to license them.

Learning Japanese will definitely be faster, you don't have an idea when a translation's gonna get delayed/dropped or even a date when it is finished, which make even take up to several years, that time is more than enough for you to improve your language to read any VN untranslated, as long as you are eager to learn.

Good luck!

I think people are being a little pessimistic. koetsl is translating one relatively short VN (vndb says it's 10-30 hours), for which there won't be any dilly-dallying since it's a commercial product rather than a fan translation, and suddenly the likewise fairly short Meikyuu won't be available for several years?

Gahkthun is neither short nor easy to translate, plus TL doesn't just upload translation and go do something else — he's gonna get involved in editing and reviewing QC reports too.

As for Meikyuu, keep in mind that most likely its going to be licensed officially, and they want all-ages version which is not even released in Japan yet. Its quite possible that everything is delayed to 2016 even if he finishes translation earlier.

And, you definitely going to regret playing Meikyuu while Rakuen is not released yet.

Gahkthun is neither short nor easy to translate

Relative to the quickly translated Kajitsu, it's pretty short. But whatever, points taken.

And I don't think I'll regret anything. I have no idea what Rakuen's about, so it doesn't have me as interested as Meikyuu, which I know is Yuuji's backstory.

And I don't think I'll regret anything. I have no idea what Rakuen's about, so it doesn't have me as interested as Meikyuu, which I know is Yuuji's backstory.

Meikyuu Yuuji route and Rakuen main route is same, continuous and linear story, and Meikyuu ends with really awful cliffhanger. Its more like teaser for Rakuen.

If people is willing to learn Japanese (with effort and passion) they can finish Rakuen before even Meikyuu comes out, it depends on whether or not they are willing to take the first step. You will be doing yourself a favor of not needing to endure the cliffhanger on Meikyuu and wait god-only-knows how many years.

Alas, once the time comes I'm afraid I'll have no choice but to play Meikyuu soon as it comes out. No matter how awful the cliffhanger is, the promise of Yuuji's backstory is too much not to read it right away. >_>

Then I sign you up for not only Meikyuu but Rakuen as well.

If people is willing to learn Japanese (with effort and passion) they can finish Rakuen before even Meikyuu comes out, it depends on whether or not they are willing to take the first step. You will be doing yourself a favor of not needing to endure the cliffhanger on Meikyuu and wait god-only-knows how many years.

well my question is how much japanese do you need to know to understand not every single line in meikyuu/rakuen,but a big bit of the VNs?

since grisaia is pretty damn hard

well my question is how much japanese do you need to know to understand not every single line in meikyuu/rakuen,but a big bit of the VNs?

since grisaia is pretty damn hard

Can't really say without spoiling too much, but you will need some basic knowledge on everything related to military stuff (guns, bombs, etc) and technology to understand its more difficult parts, otherwise normal level Japanese (able to understand character interactions and conversations) would be sufficient.