Do you delete VNs from your computer after you finish them?

Zenophilious

Do you delete VNs from your computer after you finish them?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Do you delete VNs from your computer after you finish them?

• Yes, I don't want my HDD getting all cluttered. Screw rereading!
    • Nope, I never delete 'em even if I've completed them 100%. I love them too much to do that to them <3
    • Yes and no. I keep my favorites and delete the rest.
    • Yes and no. I keep a few for rereading on a rainy day, but I'm going to delete them eventually.
    • Technically, no. I move all the VNs I've finished onto an external hard drive because that's just how I roll.

This poll is closed to new votes

Nope never delete them but I do keep them in an inconspicuous folder to avoid unwanted attention.

4b8c69c097.png

Seems legit.  Anyone besides you opened it yet?  I mean, it's like putting a sign that says "Don't push this button" near a big red button.  People are gonna push the hell out of that button.

I thought up a better way to hide stuff when I still had a Mac.  I'd make a maze of folders, each titled something interesting, and put folders inside those folders, also named something interesting, and so on.  The only thing I put in them was more folders.  I'd drag the files I wanted hidden into one of the folders around half-way through the folder maze, make a new folder for the files, and make the folder containing the files invisible via Terminal.  Unless someone typed in the exact name of the files while logged into my account, there was no way they were gonna be found.  Worked like a charm, and anyone that went snooping around my stuff was gonna waste at least 10-15 minutes searching through pointless folders.

Since I became interested VNs I have stockpiled them and now I have collected nearly 40 games all of which I keep solely on an external hard drive. I like to think of myself as a collector visual novels so I would never even consider deleting them.

I watch what is mentioned often here and what is highly rated on VNDB and then download it without a second thought.

I keep all my VNs on an external hard drive an not on my computer because it's on its last leg. But it also helps when I decide to give anything from my collection to the few friends I have who also play VNs

And I can also play visual novels on the college computers if I get bored between classes

:P

I never delete any VNs. It is the same with anime. I want to keep a collection of it. If I ever want to read/watch it again I know I got it. Seriously I would't even bother saving One Piece and Naruto if I didn't planned to watch it again when I feel like it. 

But so far as VNs go I just store it in a folder called "Visual Novels". I hide it in my uTorrentmap though. But my computer is personal and if I ever leave my computer unprotected and unlocked they will probably try looking for something more indecent than Visual Novels. Good thing you can create subfolders. I name it "Other" (a.k.a Eroge/nukiges). But why should I care anyway. My stuff and taste. I don't give a fuck.

Everything is organized in a way I like. Others probably hate it. :)

I never delete any VNs. It is the same with anime. I want to keep a collection of it. If I ever want to read/watch it again I know I got it. Seriously I would't even bother saving One Piece and Naruto if I didn't planned to watch it again when I feel like it. 

But so far as VNs go I just store it in a folder called "Visual Novels". I hide it in my uTorrentmap though. But my computer is personal and if I ever leave my computer unprotected and unlocked they will probably try looking for something more indecent than Visual Novels. Good thing you can create subfolders. I name it "Other" (a.k.a Eroge/nukiges). But why should I care anyway. My stuff and taste. I don't give a fuck.

Everything is organized in a way I like. Others probably hate it. :)

That's the right thing to do IMO. Old anime/games will be harder to collect as time passes, so there's nothing bad from a having a collection that we can retrieve whenever we like. It gets harder to manage as it gets bigger though.

I store all the Disc images on external HDD and delete the image from my computer after installation to save space. Keeping it organized is actually crucial (privacy issues aside) for easy backup as well as for future retrieval when you have over 1TB of data.

I generally keep my favorites ony, altough there are a few i keep for nostalgia's sake.

that and i am a sucker for space, i have a pretty powerfull desktop. Just never spend the money on storage space.

I only have about 1 tb and games are big these days and i am not talking about visual novels

Oh? And why not?

There is nothing to be afraid of.

depens on the place, i got nothing to worry about in my school as it is a technical school full of nerds, so yeah about half of us read anime and manga and the rest just dont care.

I would not have done it in my middle school though.