Clannad Save issues

Majora55

Eh yeah so im still kinda new to this visual novel stuff but long story short last night after I had finished off a route in Clannad I went to shut my laptop off and when I got up this morning to check out Clannad I loaded it up and saw that none of my saves were there. I checked the SAVEDATA folder and saw that there were saves in it but for some reason they would not come up in game. There's probably an easy solution to this I don't know so any help would be greatly appreciated

~Nick

Alright so I checked out Utorrent and the torrent isn't seeding but its status says "Error files missing from job. Please Recheck." (Don't know if that means much but figured I mine as well mention it. I also checked the folder and the main clannad folder isn't read-only but the save folder is read-only.

After doing some more snooping I found out that all of the folders/files within the main clannad folder are read-only

after snooping around in my pc and memory.

I found that most of my maps are in read only mode to that includes games i currently play and i can save just fine.

Now not to long ago i had the same problem as well it would not recognize save files for a game that where located in the folder.

Unfortunatly despite having had the same problem i can't help you because i could not find a solution myself.

So all i could do was start again from scratch.

Sorry not not be of any assistance.

You could always ask for someone else's save folder

No its alright after looking around online I found an article on someone who had lost there game and still had their saves so they were told to take their old saves and put them in a separate folder playthrough the game a bit and make a save (ex. save 3) and then exit the game go to the backup folder you made and take your save 3 and copy over the one you just made and the game gets confused and somehow allows you to access your older saves again. Probably didn't explain it that well but eh.After snooping around I still didn't know what caused the problem but anyways thank you all for the support!

No its alright after looking around online I found an article on someone who had lost there game and still had their saves so they were told to take their old saves and put them in a separate folder playthrough the game a bit and make a save (ex. save 3) and then exit the game go to the backup folder you made and take your save 3 and copy over the one you just made and the game gets confused and somehow allows you to access your older saves again. Probably didn't explain it that well but eh.After snooping around I still didn't know what caused the problem but anyways thank you all for the support!

glad to see you fixed it, and yeah sometimes problems just occor and no one will now why.

Anyway hope you enjoy your saty at the site.