Fate/Stay Night Realta nua PC full patch - Is it worth it?

Redsama

So about a month ago I started playing the F/SN VN and got the Fate ending and UBW true ending. Now recently I found out there was a new patch, unfortunately due to me being a lazy bum I was used to just going on fuwanovel and torrent no-install versions so I had no idea about it until it was too late.

I'm about to get the UBW good ending and start Heaven's feel. My question is: Should I go through the effort of installing the new version and holding ctrl through the entire fate and ubw route (since save files aren't compatible) or are the changes not worth it? Don't spoil heaven's feel route please.

Also, just how much did I miss out in the fate and UBW route?

So about a month ago I started playing the F/SN VN and got the Fate ending and UBW true ending. Now recently I found out there was a new patch, unfortunately due to me being a lazy bum I was used to just going on fuwanovel and torrent no-install versions so I had no idea about it until it was too late.

I'm about to get the UBW good ending and start Heaven's feel. My question is: Should I go through the effort of installing the new version and holding ctrl through the entire fate and ubw route (since save files aren't compatible) or are the changes not worth it? Don't spoil heaven's feel route please.

Also, just how much did I miss out in the fate and UBW route?

Realta Nua adds voice and some updated CGs. If you already have voices you already have realta nua content patched. Do note that the original realta nua(ps2 version) didn't have any h-scenes.

From what I know about it, the Fuwa version of F/sn is the PC version with the Realta Nua content added in, while the new patch is the Realta Nua version with the h-scenes added in.  Correct me if I'm wrong, please, since I don't really know if I know what I'm talking about.

Yeah that's what I've heard. It also includes the vita openings which I don't really care for since I could just watch it on youtube. I think the video in the link I provided explains it all in detail but I can't watch it because it has HF spoilers.

Yeah that's what I've heard. It also includes the vita openings which I don't really care for since I could just watch it on youtube. I think the video in the link I provided explains it all in detail but I can't watch it because it has HF spoilers.

Okay, good, so I'm not delusional.  That's always good to find out.

Really, if you're happy with your current version of F/sn, I don't think there's that much of a reason to get the new patch.  I'd double-check with a few other people besides me before you make a decision, but it seems like the current Fuwa version is fine for you.

Realta Nua includes tons of very cool effects that weren't possible to put into F/SN with the old Realta Nua patch. The CGs in the PC version are also in natural 800x600 resolution while the one's in the old patch are lower because they were ripped from the ps2 ver It is absolutely worth it.

The version on Fuwa is going to be updated as soon as they are done with the route merge patch (because in the Realta Nua pc version the routes were split into 3 separate games. They are going to create a patch to merge them together.)

yeah,let me simplify:

the recent Realta Nua patch from Beast's Lair is for the official RN port for the PC,released in 2011 to capitalize on Fate Zero's anime release.You could only get it officially as a digital download on Amazon Japan and the three routes were sold as separate games,being able to play them individually without needing the other routes(still need all of them to unlock Last Episode or 100% for clearing all endings and Bad Ends,though),however,some time ago,it has been removed from Amazon Japan,and there are no other means to get it besides the torrent on Nyaa now.

Those guys did a fantastic job with the patch,and they promised to release another one in the future with even more improvements.

Realta Nua includes tons of very cool effects that weren't possible to put into F/SN with the old Realta Nua patch. The CGs in the PC version are also in natural 800x600 resolution while the one's in the old patch are lower because they were ripped from the ps2 ver It is absolutely worth it.

The version on Fuwa is going to be updated as soon as they are done with the route merge patch (because in the Realta Nua pc version the routes were split into 3 separate games. They are going to create a patch to merge them together.)

See?  This is why you should listen to other people besides me  xD

Anyone know if the save files from the old patch will be compatible with new one?  I'd hate to have to redo everything, even if I just skipped through it again.

Hmm, well it really sucks that I missed out on these effects for Fate and UBW. Is it ok to just download the HF part and play that and then skip through Fate and UBW when I'm done HF? Does it just limit my choices in the HF part to make sure I enter that route? 

See?  This is why you should listen to other people besides me  xD

Anyone know if the save files from the old patch will be compatible with new one?  I'd hate to have to redo everything, even if I just skipped through it again.

Nah, they're not compatible sadly. :(

So I've got few questions. First, we still have the old version of 2008 on Fuwa. The new version (probably the one that contains -everything-) is [urlk=http://vndb.org/r34896]located here. The release date was in July of 2014 and this patch most probable adds the uncensored H-scenes. The patch is about 1.18GB. Am I going to patch this up with my old 2008 release game? The 2008 is the Realta Nua that I have and it still works. If not, then what do I do?

The one on Fuwa is the 2004 version with the Realta Nua patch. The patch that is 1.18GB is only compatible with the Realta Nua game. When the patch that combines all three games into one is released I'm guessing they will remove the 2004 version and add the Realta Nua. I think you might have to download the Realta Nua version.

PGiBV87.png

And ... .... I guess I'll test it out when it finishes downloading. I'll back up the folder just in case.

Edit -- Haha, apparently I have all the digital download games while searching for the VN folder. I forgot I put the old game (with other VNs) on a different partition. So yeah, this game only works with the recent digital download (the official download from Type-Moon).

Sweet lord this is bad ass ....

So I've got few questions. First, we still have the old version of 2008 on Fuwa. The new version (probably the one that contains -everything-) is [urlk=http://vndb.org/r34896]located here. The release date was in July of 2014 and this patch most probable adds the uncensored H-scenes. The patch is about 1.18GB. Am I going to patch this up with my old 2008 release game? The 2008 is the Realta Nua that I have and it still works. If not, then what do I do?

I've packed the full game for 2014 [no linking or mentioning torrent sites]. It's the latest release from Type-Moon which features new scenes. The additional packs also include PS Vita scenes, H-scenes, full voice for all characters, flowchart (whatever this is after you get all 5 arcs and watch the Final Episode) and it is fully translated in English. I've also included the uncensored H-scenes for the F/SN 2008 release by Waku Waku (will not work with the 2014 edition, which is provided inside the torrent).

And it has an updated screen and better visual enhancements.

It does contain the added cg's but not the ones in the prologue as they weren't possible to put in the game with the old patch.

Ok, I have not played through FSN yet so didn't know that.

Tatsujin, I have the RN japanese download version. I don't remember exactly when I got it but it's only a few months ago. You mentioned that your version is the most updated, I was wondering how can I know if my RN is the same as yours and is not missing any of the new scenes?

Ok, I have not played through FSN yet so didn't know that.

Tatsujin, I have the RN japanese download version. I don't remember exactly when I got it but it's only a few months ago. You mentioned that your version is the most updated, I was wondering how can I know if my RN is the same as yours and is not missing any of the new scenes?

You'll know if each route has it's own folder and are separate games.

h15g4WF.png

Well, yeah the pc version of RN was a download only version, with each route sold separately, so obviously my version has a different folder for each route. But Tatsujin said this about his version "It's the latest release from Type-Moon which features new scenes", so I wonder if I have any scenes missing.

Well, yeah the pc version of RN was a download only version, with each route sold separately, so obviously my version has a different folder for each route. But Tatsujin said this about his version "It's the latest release from Type-Moon which features new scenes", so I wonder if I have any scenes missing.

Yep, then it should be the latest. If it already has the cracked exe and the data.xp3 file for each folder, try using the english patch.

It's the latest release from Type-Moon which features new scenes. The additional packs also include PS Vita scenes, H-scenes, full voice for all characters, flowchart (whatever this is after you get all 5 arcs and watch the Final Episode) and it is fully translated in English. I've also included the uncensored H-scenes for the F/SN 2008 release by Waku Waku (will not work with the 2014 edition, which is provided inside the torrent).

And it has an updated screen and better visual enhancements.

The game crashes in the prologue after Rin is pinned by Saber. (right after the fade-to-white)

TNpKGou.png