Lets make a prediction.

VN-Angel

Lets make a prediction.  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think will turn out best ?

• Grisaia no Kajitsu
    • Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai
    • Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete

This poll is closed to new votes

Out of the two I've read Grisaia + Daitoshokan I think Grisaia is the one that could be most successful if it's well adopted. However that's seldom the case, and I would deem it impossible doing it well in a 12 episode adoption, 24 episodes are needed. But then they got Meikyuu + Rakuen, and I think the anime industry likes sequels.

Daitoshokan is probably easier to just make an anime out of, heck mash up random parts of it and you get another moe slice of life series. However to take out the full potential off it is harder.

So on board with you.   Also Psycho Pass 2 but let's not derail too far. 

I don't always consider this a bad thing, since they're just elaborating on one route and how other people would feel if you took that route.  If done poorly though, it can be annoying. 

Yeah, i have watched quite a few of the badly done one and it almost seems like the main character obviously likes every other and they pass it off as "hes just a nice guy". Then he just chooses one without too much thinking. Pretty dumb in my opinion.

I've read all 3 of them and here is my thought.

Grisaia -- Grisaia's common route is very long and enjoyable. So my guess is they will focus on that and make it a romcom series(like previous walkure romanze). Not necessarily a bad thing imo.

Daitoshokan -- Agreed with cryofrzd. Will probably end up as typical moe series. I can't imagine it being successful even if they adapt kodachi's route. Seriously, what the hell are they thinking ? If they want to adapt a August work, THERE IS "AIYOKU NO EUSTIA" .

Mirai Moto -- This one has strong potential as it is very suitable for anime adaptation. First of all, it has a solid and linear(sort of) story, a true end and due to the VN nature, they can(and should) easily adapt all routes without using omni-bus.  Also it has an insert song(a good one) and you know that an anime looks 50% more awesome with a skillfully inserted song.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I think about it, there is a major problem between changing a VN into an anime. They can either do one route (like what most of them do) or combine the routes and come out with the most important route at the end (Key VNs like Clannad and Little Busters does this) 

This however puts one route above all else as well as they wipe out all the romance between the main character and individual characters except the main heroine ( if any)

This can be seen when Tomoya from Clannad helps every heroine but only loves Nagisa.

For Grisaia can't they just use the progressive route then continue with Grisaia no Meikyuu and then Grisaia no Rakuen?

I know it would be bad in the long run, but I would laugh my ass off if the guys making Grisaia decided to go with one of the bad endings, and then at the end of it announce that they'd devote another season to ending it right.

Only to show another bad ending.

And then start off the sequel like nothing happened.

I probably shouldn't be put in charge of a creative project ever.