Lets make a prediction.

VN-Angel

Lets make a prediction.  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think will turn out best ?

• Grisaia no Kajitsu
    • Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai
    • Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete

This poll is closed to new votes

According to neregate, we have 3 VN adapted anime for the upcoming season. <-- What a rare occurrence.

Grisaia no Kajitsu

Daitoshokan no Hisujikai and

Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete

All 3 are good and popular VN. 
Grisaia --  Getchu 2011 best VN  #4

Daitoshokan -- Getchu 2013 best VN #1

Mirai Moto -- Getchu 2010 best VN #10.......................................................
But you know the case with VN adaptations. They rarely end well.  I don't expect them to turn out really good.

But naturally, the "disappointment" degree will be different for each adaptation. So lets make a prediction here---

Which one do you think will turn out best  ?

I am not sure but you are also forgetting the new fate/stay night adaptation. If we include tthat one I would say that the F/S N adaptation is looking really good from what I have seen. However I am looking forward to the grisaia adaptation the most despite questioning whether or not it will turn out well or not. :P

Just one fact, the 3 VN have H-scenes, how do will they adapt that?

Well they won't. They never really do. There's been times where they implied it off-screen (lol F/SN dolphins and dragons) but... can't show that on TV.

On the other hand when a VN gets adapted into an OVA with H-content it's usually H-focused crap so...

Well they won't. They never really do. There's been times where they implied it off-screen (lol F/SN dolphins and dragons) but... can't show that on TV.

On the other hand when a VN gets adapted into an OVA with H-content it's usually H-focused crap so...

So they'll probably just roll over it?

Not necessarily. The Yosuga no Sora Anime adaptation did have the H-scenes preserved.

I'm hoping that Grisaia will be the best even if I don't really believe that anime adaptations are good.

edit: I edited because I only noticed that I was in Manga/anime talk afterwards... I clicked the thread directly in the most recent threads, I feel so dumb.

And all of them are based on high school settings. How surprised I am. Unfortunately, most anime adaptations are very poor and serve as nothing more than advertisments for the games they spawned from; especially those based in high school settings. They most propably won't any any different from the rest, therefore I'm not giving them any hope.

I have to agree with IceD, I don't expect anything great from these anime, they'll just be mostly bait for you to read the visual novels they come from, the adaptation will likely fail to convey the original feelings, and of course it likely won't adapt all the content in order to make a linear plot which more often than not falls flat.

I've always said this before, I'd rather you give me shorter arcs in an omnibus format than try and transform the whole novel into a linear story, it's just not meant to work that way.

Even though I think Mirai Moto will come out the best, I am wishing for Grisaia.

However, as it turns out, most VN anime adaptations have usually ended up quite badly, take Little Busters or Majikoi for example. Usually its the ones that come from light novels and manga that tend to do well.

I had never heard of Mirai Moto before today, but looking at the VNDB, I'm probably going to end up checking it out. 

Daitoshokan is one I was already planning on trying, even though I'm not too familiar with the source VN. I've seen the key visuals for it though, and it looks like it could be hit or miss.

And Grisaia is... well, it's Grisaia. Honestly, I'm just excited to see it animated- I'm not going into it with huge expectations, because that never ends well, but as long as it's not a TOTAL trainwreck, I'll consider it a success.

I'm just really excited for this season in general, though- if any of these three fail, I have plenty of other series I want to try and keep up with. (Season 2 of WIXOSS, anyone?  :D )

Now I think about it, there is a major problem between changing a VN into an anime. They can either do one route (like what most of them do) or combine the routes and come out with the most important route at the end (Key VNs like Clannad and Little Busters does this) 

This however puts one route above all else as well as they wipe out all the romance between the main character and individual characters except the main heroine ( if any)

This can be seen when Tomoya from Clannad helps every heroine but only loves Nagisa.

I'm just really excited for this season in general, though- if any of these three fail, I have plenty of other series I want to try and keep up with. (Season 2 of WIXOSS, anyone?  :D )

So on board with you.   Also Psycho Pass 2 but let's not derail too far. 

Now I think about it, there is a major problem between changing a VN into an anime. They can either do one route (like what most of them do) or combine the routes and come out with the most important route at the end (Key VNs like Clannad and Little Busters does this) 

This however puts one route above all else as well as they wipe out all the romance between the main character and individual characters except the main heroine ( if any)

This can be seen when Tomoya from Clannad helps every heroine but only loves Nagisa.

I don't always consider this a bad thing, since they're just elaborating on one route and how other people would feel if you took that route.  If done poorly though, it can be annoying.