Yuri Kuma Arashi | Yuri Bear Storm

Tatsujin

MkaZBO0H.jpg
Yuri Kuma Arashi
AniDB | Official

Release: 2015
Producers: The teaser website for the Yuri Kuma Arashi (Yuri Bear Storm) anime by director Kunihiko Ikuhara (Revolutionary Girl Utena, Penguindrum, several Sailor Moon television series) opened on Monday. The website confirms that Ikuhara is directing the anime for television, and Etsuko Sumimoto (animation director on Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part 3: Rebellion, Honey and Clover II) is adapting the original character designs by manga creator Akiko Morishima for animation. The studio SILVER LINK is producing the animation.
Description: The "intellectual fantasy" follows Kureha, a "transparent" high school girl who is plain and is barely noticed by others. Seemingly every night, she has a "dream about a bear and a transparent storm." In this dream, her mysterious classmate Ginko Yurishiro appears in the form of a bear.

Nailed it.

I'm ultra-holy-frickin' hyped for this (I was f5'ing the penguinbear website yesterday at midnight), because MawaPen and Utena are absolute masterpieces.

I hope Ikuhara delivers there too. A bit disappointed that he chose to adapt his manga, but that's still him doing it. Also surprised to see Silver Links (thought he'd stick to Brains Base) but who cares.

• 4 weeks later...