Grisaia no Kajitsu - black screen with audio

anioshoot

Hello guys, 

I believe that I have some problems running Grisaia no Kajitsu.

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale? (link to instructions): Yes
Game Name: Grisaia no Kajtsu
Description of ProblemI've nearly completed Makina route in the game and suddenly it crashed. So I uninstalled the game, redownloaded (both the latest one on Fuwanovel site and the one contains mdf file) and then reinstalled. Nothing works.

All I could manage was to run the game and stare at the black screen with audio of the seiyuu reading "Frontwing".

Your Operating System: Xubuntu 14.04 - Wine version 1.6.2 (stable)
64 or 32 bit (link to how to find): 32 bit (i386)
What did you already try? (Uninstall/Reinstall, Redownload, Run as admin, etc): all of them
Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?:  Yes.

Screenshot: B08SlyC.png

Please help me guys, I really want to finish the game !

It's Grisia No Kajitsu so I must do anything in power to help you.

lets see, I'm vaguley familiar with ubuntu but from what you said, it suddenly crashed right? you tried to open the game before re-installing it? Was it the same result or it was acting differently like crashing/freezing?

From my knowledge in computers, a sudden crash from an application can be caused from RAM overload or corrupt drivers.

Kinda, feels like something in your graphics screen of all things but I don't have enough evidence for that, have you tried checking validality for your copmuter compenents? updating graphic drivers maybe? In my opinion you should.

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with a software for checking these stuff in Ubuntu or even how to do this..

It's Grisia No Kajitsu so I must do anything in power to help you.

lets see, I'm vaguley familiar with ubuntu but from what you said, it suddenly crashed right? you tried to open the game before re-installing it? Was it the same result or it was acting differently like crashing/freezing?

From my knowledge in computers, a sudden crash from an application can be caused from RAM overload or corrupt drivers.

Kinda, feels like something in your graphics screen of all things but I don't have enough evidence for that, have you tried checking validality for your copmuter compenents? updating graphic drivers maybe? In my opinion you should.

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with a software for checking these stuff in Ubuntu or even how to do this..

Well, the game run flawlessly until the last scene of Makina's bad end (even the OP video run well). From that point on, it turned to a black screen, with no audio. I tried to restart the game to that point (I mean deleting the save files and skip through to that scene) but still a black screen.

I don't think it was RAM or my hardware to blame. 

So I decided to do a complete removal of the game and reinstall like what I said above. The only difference is that the black screen returns right in the very first launch of the game. :((

Well, the game run flawlessly until the last scene of Makina's bad end (even the OP video run well). From that point on, it turned to a black screen, with no audio. I tried to restart the game to that point (I mean deleting the save files and skip through to that scene) but still a black screen.

I don't think it was RAM or my hardware to blame. 

So I decided to do a complete removal of the game and reinstall like what I said above. The only difference is that the black screen returns right in the very first launch of the game. :((

Corrupt drivers and RAM overloads main cause are software related problems, my spidy-computer senses screaming inside of me to check update for graphic card and generally check for OS functionality. Thou I'm no expert, even less in Ubuntu, I'm pretty sure theres no problem in the game itself, in my opinion - either your OS is misbehaving or your graphics card lost his directions book, have you tried consoling about this with an Ubuntu forum? They might have an idea for how you can find the root cause.

Have you made sure the torrent isn't still seeding?

I deleted the torrent right after download finished.

Do you have problems with other VNs/software or just Grisaia?

I also have problems with 

Comyu - Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku -

(it said "syntax error" at first launch so I kinda gave up on that)

Corrupt drivers and RAM overloads main cause are software related problems, my spidy-computer senses screaming inside of me to check update for graphic card and generally check for OS functionality. Thou I'm no expert, even less in Ubuntu, I'm pretty sure theres no problem in the game itself, in my opinion - either your OS is misbehaving or your graphics card lost his directions book, have you tried consoling about this with an Ubuntu forum? They might have an idea for how you can find the root cause.

For what I know, Ubuntu users just have problems with Nvidia graphic card (while I'm running Intel). Anyway I'll try to update my graphic driver.

• 4 weeks later...