How to Purchase PC 18+ VNs ...

Tatsujin

Japanese VNs, sorry I wasn't very specific. I'm not looking for localized VNs.

You use me. Name a visual novel you want, PayPal me the money with the included shipping costs, and I will buy you any game from Japan. I actually had a thread for this if I am not mistaken...

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/4829-japanese-video-blogpersonal-vn-requests

Using me means you get the cheapest deals since Japan never buys any of their PC games used. Sofmap has anything your heart desires, and it's just a matter of what you are willing to spend. Heck, you can even get hard copies of CEs. To give you an example, Clochette's Prism◇Recollection! costs a total of 1,400 yen (~ $14.00), and that includes a fully illustrated art book and some collectibles.

http://vndb.org/v9092

You use me. Name a visual novel you want, PayPal me the money with the included shipping costs, and I will buy you any game from Japan. I actually had a thread for this if I am not mistaken...

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/4829-japanese-video-blogpersonal-vn-requests

Using me means you get the cheapest deals since Japan never buys any of their PC games used. Sofmap has anything your heart desires, and it's just a matter of what you are willing to spend. Heck, you can even get hard copies of CEs. To give you an example, Clochette's Prism◇Recollection! costs a total of 1,400 yen (~ $14.00), and that includes a fully illustrated art book and some collectables.

Really? Hmm ... Alright. I want to purchase the soon-to-be-released Muv-Luv: Schwa-whatever in 2015. As for now, I haven't decided yet. Does this VN have a limited edition package? If so what's inside of it?

Edit -- Also, Fate/Zero Limited Edition (not the regular edition). For S1 and S2. How much do each cost?

Edit 2 - Yeahhh your in for a ride. Can you show me a picture of Steins;Gate PS3 game? The new one (I think?). I want to see if there is also a limited edition one.

Edit 3 - What is this? It looks like a CD album but they can't ship it outside of Japan?

@ Dark Ariel7 - Amazon.co.jp/Amazon.jp does not ship 18+ VN (or almost any VN) outside of Japan ..

Using me means you get the cheapest deals since Japan never buys any of their PC games used. Sofmap has anything your heart desires, and it's just a matter of what you are willing to spend. Heck, you can even get hard copies of CEs. To give you an example, Clochette's Prism◇Recollection! costs a total of 1,400 yen (~ $14.00), and that includes a fully illustrated art book and some collectables.

New = 8k - 10k yen, used = 1k4? That cheap?

Clochette is all about breasts anyways, so that may be a reason. It's just a matter of finding the good deals. I bought Cocoro@Function! for 6,000 yen, when the same game without collectibles was 8,000 yen for a brand new copy. My game still looks great and (although it doesn't work anymore), came with a "Lovely Love" patch code. In another example, Lump of Sugar's Hello,good-bye was also 1,400 yen. It came with a small scroll and an art book as well.

Clochette is all about breasts anyways, so that may be a reason. It's just a matter of finding the good deals. I bought Cocoro@Function! for 6,000 yen, when the same game without collectibles was 8,000 yen for a brand new copy. My game still looks great and (although it doesn't work anymore), came with a "Lovely Love" patch code. In another example, Lump of Sugar's Hello,good-bye was also 1,400 yen. It came with a small scroll and an art book as well.

So it's only available for old (no, not old, released-for-quite-some-time maybe), not new game? For example, if I want to order from you Unmei Senjou, what kind of price will I get? (I can just buy them from amiami, but no extra stuffs is no fun)

So it's only available for old (no, not old, released-for-quite-some-time maybe), not new game? For example, if I want to order from you Unmei Senjou, what kind of price will I get? (I can just buy them from amiami, but no extra stuffs is no fun)

It's just a matter of finding what is on sale at the time. Sofmap has quite a lot, and I also know some good secret shops that have some games as well.

Really? Hmm ... Alright. I want to purchase the soon-to-be-released Muv-Luv: Schwa-whatever in 2015. As for now, I haven't decided yet. Does this VN have a limited edition package? If so what's inside of it?

Edit -- Also, Fate/Zero Limited Edition (not the regular edition). For S1 and S2. How much do each cost?

Edit 2 - Yeahhh your in for a ride. Can you show me a picture of Steins;Gate PS3 game? The new one (I think?). I want to see if there is also a limited edition one.

Edit 3 - What is this? It looks like a CD album but they can't ship it outside of Japan?

@ Dark Ariel7 - Amazon.co.jp/Amazon.jp does not ship 18+ VN (or almost any VN) outside of Japan ..

Wait are you serious? I bought stuff before from them but it was only LNs. I saw a Vn I really like on their site and just assumed they would ship it outside of Jp. Well no wonder then. I mean Amazon JP is so easy to use that I was failing to understand what op even meant by easier.

Hm..What about those limited items that sold from Comiket or are part of the goods for a full package VN purchase? I'm talking about certain items like fanbooks, Short Stories books, VFBs or Light Novels. Is it possible to just order those (as I am kinda tight on budget) without buying for the full game? Thanks in advance!

Hm..What about those limited items that sold from Comiket or are part of the goods for a full package VN purchase? I'm talking about certain items like fanbooks, Short Stories books, VFBs or Light Novels. Is it possible to just order those (as I am kinda tight on budget) without buying for the full game? Thanks in advance!

Comiket limited items can usually be found on japanese auction websites for 3 to 10 times their original price. You'll most likely need a proxy service like Ren (which is free :P) or the website Beato mentioned (they take a fee) to ship it to you. 

Goods from collector editions can probably be found too on those auction sites. But often people buy the collector edition, play the game and sell it back stripped of its limited content more than the contrary... Not 100% sure how available those items are, but long after it's out I doubt they can be found easily.

Comiket limited items can usually be found on japanese auction websites for 3 to 10 times their original price. You'll most likely need a proxy service like Ren (which is free :P) or the website Beato mentioned (they take a fee) to ship it to you. 

Goods from collector editions can probably be found too on those auction sites. But often people buy the collector edition, play the game and sell it back stripped of its limited content more than the contrary... Not 100% sure how available those items are, but long after it's out I doubt they can be found easily.

Yeah, I am aware of that but if I am going to spend on an item that cost 3-10 times its original price, I might as well buy another full game that comes with goods which is alot more affordable. That is one issue with very limited Comiket items that are Out of Print, unless someone scans them. (which god only knows how many years it will take) After all, who is willing to pay for more than 1,000 yen for just a doujin book (excluding those full-colored artbooks of course)? It kinda defeats the purpose of wanting to get cheaper goods from overseas.

Original, can you see what the prices are for what I mentioned? At least what that Steins;Gate is from Edit 3. I'm serious about the HoshiOri though.

Well, I won't be in Japan until November 3rd, but I did have this image I took last I was there teaching:

JAouMMl.jpg

Not sure if that helps, but those are the 3 Steins;Gate games I found last time I was there. Generally speaking, the same price as PS3 games anywhere.

Digital copies can always be found, while importing physical copies is a bit more difficult.

I spoke with a retailer at a con, and he told me that 18+ VNs usually does not make it through customs (In the EU anyway). If you want to import it, you have to pray that customs doesn't open that particular box. 

Can anyone confirm if that is true?

Digital copies can always be found, while importing physical copies is a bit more difficult.

I spoke with a retailer at a con, and he told me that 18+ VNs usually does not make it through customs (In the EU anyway). If you want to import it, you have to pray that customs doesn't open that particular box. 

The EU doesn't have a standardized law for this, so it is up to the individual countries. In Sweden they should get through.

My daki got through just fine, so I guess VNs are fine too?