Is there any VN with NEET/Hikikomori/Otaku protagonist?

Okami

Otaku Protagonist, english

Hikikomori Protagonist, english

Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of options unfortunately, but there you go.

When you put aside OELVNs, partial patches and nukiges you are left with 3 VNs and out of them I already played 2 and neither of them really has an Otaku protagonist (In Go! Go! Nipon it is mention in beginning that protagonist is an Otaku but he newer really acts as an Otaku, and I don't even know why is Swan Song there).

Chaos;Head hikikomori otaku

Steins;Gate otaku

I had read Steins;Gate and while it is a great VN Okabe is a Chunibyou not an Otaku.

It seems Chaos;Head is the only one that fits into this. And I want to w8 for Noah version to be translated to read that one.

Well thanks for suggestions anyway.

It's pretty hard to have a story with a legit hikikomori since by definition the guy doesn't even go outside. 

Not really there are a lot of anime with a hikikomori protagonist.

I think this VN's protagonist fit your description

http://vndb.org/v3860

Yea, that's a kind of a protagonist I am looking for (At least by description) just I can't read untranslated VNs yet. Well I guess I'll put it in my "Read when My Japanese becomes better list".

Looking at the tags, and the description and screenshots, yeah, that's nukige. Well, I haven't played it, but I can't imagine it not being nukige.

Chaos Head is good, even if the protagonist is a little hard to deal with. The game does not paint him in a flattering light, like say NGNL does for its protagonist. C;H is actually a condemnation of that lifestyle and of overly obsessed otaku in general.

I'd also recommend C;H, the MC fits the bill perfectly. Other than that, only AXANAEL comes to mind - one of the protagonists there is a hikikomori as well.

Looking at the tags, and the description and screenshots, yeah, that's nukige. Well, I haven't played it, but I can't imagine it not being nukige.

Chaos Head is good, even if the protagonist is a little hard to deal with. The game does not paint him in a flattering light, like say NGNL does for its protagonist. C;H is actually a condemnation of that lifestyle and of overly obsessed otaku in general.

That only made it better for me, really - it showed the matter how it really is. That kind of life isn't supposed to be awesome and fun, it's supposed to be bad. Yet I could easily relate to the main character to a certain degree; ouch.

I'd also recommend C;H, the MC fits the bill perfectly. Other than that, only AXANAEL comes to mind - one of the protagonists there is a hikkikomori as well.

That only made it better for me, really - it showed the matter how it really is. That kind of life isn't supposed to be awesome and fun, it's supposed to be bad. Yet I could easily relate to the main character to a certain degree; ouch.

I was searching for translated ones.

And true it's out of topic I don't think that life of Hikkikomori is bad in reality it's just that normal people see it as bad just as they see anything out of normal bad but for Hikikomori itself it is an awesome life, he gets to do only the things he likes in life and doesn't have to anything he doesn't like I mean who wouldn't won't to live a life in witch he's only doing things they like. Sure it has some downsides but who's life doesn't?

And true it's out of topic I don't think that life of Hikkikomori is bad in reality it's just that normal people see it as bad just as they see anything out of normal bad but for Hikikomori itself it is an awesome life, he gets to do only the things he likes in life and doesn't have to anything he doesn't like I mean who wouldn't won't to live a life in witch he's only doing things they like. Sure it has some downsides but who's life doesn't?

You don't choose to be a hikikomori, you're forced into that lifestyle by either the society or your own inability - or both. There's a difference between being lazy and escapism, and being a hikikomori is the later. Those are just my two cents though, I'm no expert in sociology or psychology.

As for AXANAEL, if you can understand spoken Japanese at least, you're pretty much set - there's little to none narration in that thing.

Not really there are a lot of anime with a hikikomori protagonist.

The only good anime I watched with a hikiomori protagonist was Welcome to the NHK. And for a hikikomori he sure did go out side a lot (relatively speaking).

Not really a VN, but Yume Nikki is a game with a hikikomori protagonist. 

The only good anime I watched with a hikiomori protagonist was Welcome to the NHK. And for a hikikomori he sure did go out side a lot (relatively speaking).

Not really a VN, but Yume Nikki is a game with a hikikomori protagonist. 

I have a feeling that No Game No Life is influencing this thread a lot. It's recent and really popular.

You don't choose to be a hikikomori, you're forced into that lifestyle by either the society or your own inability - or both. There's a difference between being lazy and escapism, and being a hikikomori is the later. Those are just my two cents though, I'm no expert in sociology or psychology.

As for AXANAEL, if you can understand spoken Japanese at least, you're pretty much set - there's little to none narration in that thing.