Rewrite discussion thread

Novel21

I'm not sure it exit discussion thread for Rewrite since I couldn't find it anyways. So which it exit freely to delete this thread and tell me where I can find Rewrite Discussion thread.

So I wanted to make Discussion thread where we can talk about Rewrite game from Key.

My first played it was long time ago, it was just some day after it come out, I download it from Erogegames and try to play it but didn't intresse me so much so I stop play it but suddenly I want to play Rewrite again, so I download it and have played it again after long time.

Now want I to hear what there think about Rewrite and what there like about the game and what there don't like about the game.

I want to know who your favorite heroine and hero is?

What do you think about gameplay?

Yes that's what discussion thread is most about.

So come and join discussion about Rewrite.

I loved rewrite. I really like kotarou as a character because he is very relatable to me. I can understand why he does the things he does and the way he thinks because most of it reflects me as well. As for my favourite heroine... I would say it is akane just because. I can't really think of large scaled reason and I guess you don't need a reason to like a character. I also really liked a certain date scene with Lucia but one of the biggest reasons for my enjoyment through rewrite was the ending. I love bittersweet endings. They carry a lot of meaning sad and tragic endings but always shows a glimmer of hope. I thought that rewrite did it really well along with the themes they tried to portray. I can say more but let us leave it at that for now :P

i liked the novel alot but kotori's route suffered from a sucky ending, also lucia's route had the scene where the protag went total retard for no reason. i loved the moon and tera routes the most. though particularly terra was the best part of the novel for me , and all in all id say tomoko = best girl.

also best comedic  moment in a vn ever goes to this.

http://youtu.be/FNQTQlflYA8

I am sure there where many Rewrite discussion threads before, I posted in many of them myself, strangely I can't find any of them now.

So I loved Rewrite, it is one of my top favorite VNs, but there is a great difference between each route and how much I liked each of them.

My favorite route was Chihaya route witch I loved, then Lucia route witch is also excellent, then moon witch was great,  then Akane route also great, then Shizuru route witch was pretty good, then Kotori route witch was nice, and lastly I hated Tera route.

So it's like this:

Chihaya Route 9.5/10

Lucia Route 9/10

Akane Route 8.5/10

Shizuru Route 7/10

Kotori Route 6/10

Moon 8.5/10

Terra 4/10

As for heroines themselves I liked them in this order:

Chihaya>Lucia>Shizuru>Kagari>Akane>Kotori

As for Male characters I liked Kotarou, Sakuya and Yoshino.

That was my first VN with a good MC and I like it very much (I overestimate it a bit, though). I liked all the routes but I had a problem with Terra, not with the route itself which is very well constructed but more with story that has taken a questionable turn of events (I can't stand Kagari at all, a poor Rei-like without personality and Kotarou lost his central traits, he was more developed but less charismatic).

Well, apart from that I was totally turned upside down by Lucia route, it was just perfect, my best VN experience so far because it reached so many quality peaks in such short period of times, thanks to R07's talent, Lucia is one of my favorite character of all times and her relationship with Kotarou was brilliant, I was very impressed seeing that I'm not a fan of romance in general.

(And it's a very "polyvalent" VN, all the routes are more or less differents and can suit a lot of tastes. The pacing is very good too when we look at Key's previous works)

As mentioned, Kotarou is a great protagonist overall. His antics give the story its comedic side mostly during the common route. Yet, as I believe he once said, he gets serious when the situation requires it. His actions are reasonable enough that the player can put theirself in his place.

The music, as is typical of Key, is above average. "Sprouting" is my favorite (the track that always plays in the morning). Then again, YO-SHI-NO is also good. -_-

I enjoyed a lot Rewrite as a visual novel, the music was very good, as expected from a Key game, the common route was very funny, even though it got repetitive a few times. I liked the heroine, but none of them particularly stood out among the different VN / anime heroine I'm used to, except maybe Lucia (Shizuru' would have marked me more if the ending of her route wasn't that sucky).

But what I really, really enjoyed was the thematic in Moon and Terra, and how :

The moon route represents love as a whole, like when Kotarou helps Kagari finding a way to save the earth by writing something among ""I hope we'll meet again" on the tree of possibilities; or how the other heroines lingering affection enable Kotarou to call them in this world, or how moon's Kagari love for the earth gives her the will to find a solution to save it.

and

How Terra was representing this whole idea of "self-sacrifice" to save your world, and how it could actually be transposed to our own reality with the environmental problems, if moon symbolized the cause of love, Terra symbolized the consequences of love, where Kagari represents the earth, and Kotarou just wants to help the one he loves in the end.

It's really a simple message : to save your planet, we must make self-sacrifice (as for example accept to diminish our level of comfort, or even accept to reduce our lifespan to reduce our consummation of resources). It's a simple message, but the execution and how they manage to make you realize is wonderful imo.

Finally

In the end, the most beautiful is the last scene in the epilogue, where Kotarou returns to see Moon Kagari. Isn't that just saying that love results from self sacrifice?

And that's mostly why Rewrite is probably my favorite VN so far.

I adored Rewrite, honestly. (I even changed my Tumblr URL to Chibimoth after I read it). It's my second favorite Key novel, losing only to Little Busters. Kotarou is a great protagonist who does a good job of avoiding the "bland self insert" mold, which I appreciate.

Routewise, I would say my favorites are Shizuru>Lucia>Akane>Kotori>Chihaya, with Moon and Terra falling somewhere in the middle. Heroinewise, though, it's Shizuru>Kotori>Akane>Lucia>Chihaya. So either way, not a huge Chihaya fan. And I think the only reason I rank Shizuru's route so high is because I loved Shizuru- I probably wouldn't have liked it as much otherwise, as some of the other routes (like Akane's) were, structurally, a bit better. But I'm biased; what can I say  :P

I just started reading Harvest Festa with ITH, too- I already have the game, so I decided not to wait for the translation. It's so nice falling in love with the characters all over again- especially Kotarou, who has some more voiced lines this time around.

• 8 months later...

so i just started playing and i was wondering, when i'm on the map screen i can discover different events, i know it won't affect the route im going on but i was wondering if they change the story in any way, or are they just there for flavor?

• 4 months later...

Ending spoiler:

After thinking about it. Actually didn't Rewrite have at least one good ending? Akari and kotarou was trapped inside a pocket dimension on their ending which existed outside time and space. Doesn't that account for at least 1 ending that didn't turn to complete shit in this VN? Honestly think the true ending was as cruel as they come even though they tried to dress it as pretty as they could in the end

Is terra route considered nakige or utsuge?

I like it but not love it because of the terra route, which is the true route but the end wasn't satisfying to me.

I mean after all the shit that happened in all the routes, I expected more of a super ultra happy true end to conclude the whole game, but instead I get a mediocre self-sacrificing and somewhat depressing finale. It was disappointing after spending around 50hrs reading this VN.

I'm almost done with Cross channel, I'm going to start a new VN, do you guys recommend Rewrite? So far I'm not impressed with Key's VNs, I played little busters but dropped it (I don't know why many people call it a masterpiece)

So far I played:

Katawa Shoujo: 8.5/10

Saya no Uta:9/10

G-Senjou no Maou: 7/10

Cross channel: 9.5/10

Katawa Shoujo: dropped

Little busters: dropped

Well based on my ratings do you guys recommend me to play Rewrite? I do like a VN with a good plot twists, and I prefer

Them to have many feels.

I know Rewrite is considered one of the top VNs out there, but I'm becoming very wary of those "top rated" VNs, I know people have different tastes though.

I'm almost done with Cross channel, I'm going to start a new VN, do you guys recommend Rewrite? So far I'm not impressed with Key's VNs, I played little busters but dropped it (I don't know why many people call it a masterpiece)

So far I played:

Well based on my ratings do you guys recommend me to play Rewrite? I do like a VN with a good plot twists, and I prefer

Them to have many feels.

I know Rewrite is considered one of the top VNs out there, but I'm becoming very wary of those "top rated" VNs, I know people have different tastes though.

Rewrite has a "very" long common route (subjective opinion) - depending on your tastes you might find it a endurance test. Or at least at the time of reading it, it really was wearing on my patience lol.

Key vn's usually have somewhat of a happy true ending. Air is the only i  can think of that doesn't.

planetarian doesnt have a happy ending, little buster or rewrite either (at least for me this 2 dont have a happy ending).

So far I played:

Them to have many feels.

steins;gate, you should play that one if you enjoyed cross channel, i dont think you will enjoy rewrite considering you didnt like little busters, if you like global warming stuff then play rewrite..

planetarian doesnt have a happy ending, little buster or rewrite either (at least for me this 2 dont have a happy ending).

steins;gate, you should play that one if you enjoyed cross channel, i dont think you will enjoy rewrite considering you didnt like little busters, if you like global warming stuff then play rewrite..

Wut? :huh:  Did we read different copies? There was nothing even remotely comparable to that in my version. :P It's better/accurate to say it's full of apocalypse and sci-fi, then to say "Global Warming" :makina:

Wut? :huh:  Did we read different copies? There was nothing even remotely comparable to that in my version. :P It's better/accurate to say it's full of apocalypse and sci-fi, then to say "Global Warming" :makina:

the general plot is related to the global warming and how people destroy nature, the apocalypse comes later :P