(White Album 2) ITH hooking problem

John117

I am refering to the White Album 2 - Introductory Chapter+Closing Chapter Set Edition.

I am running WA2 in 1.00 version without the update 1.01 since I only know of the hook code for 1.00. So ITH hooks the text perfectly execpt their is an annoying occurence every time the text box has more than 1 line. I will give an example below

On the game window

耳をつんざくジェットエンジンの音が、

ゆっくりと遠ざかっていく。

『あいつ』は去った。

そして、『俺とあの娘』だけが残った。

On the ITH window

耳をつんざくジェットエンジンの音が、\nゆっくりと遠ざかっていく。

『あいつ』は去った。\nそして、『俺とあの娘』だけが残った。

The thing is that "\n" always appears everytime a new line apears, and it ruins Atlas's translations. I have tried editing the names list on TA. I enter the following for replacements as I ussually do for the japanese names.

、\n{tab}、

。\n{tab。

All of the time with other japanese characters it will work perfectly but it did not it just ignored my input on the names notepad. So I tried again. By using TAHelper. So I enabled TAHelper by checking the check box then checked the Remove from sentence and on the text box I entered.

\;n;

It still it won't work, on the most top textbox of TAHelper is projecting

TAHelper・Error in regex: \

But, I re entered

n;

Lo and behold the "n" was removed. But that does not changed the fact the the "\" is still their messing up with Atlas translation. Even entering

\;

wont work giving the error "TAHelper・Error in regex: \" again

So, I really need help on this....I also have heard english reviews of this game so maybe many eroge Atlas users may have a solution for this. Or maybe I shoud change to the non-bundle pack which I have right now?

Also I know there is a english translation for this but I would prefer using atlas.

Thx in advance.

Unfortunately I don't use Atlas or TA helper, so I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to :3. It seems to be pretty clear that the problem is related to how \ is a special character reserved for coding. (it appears as the yen symbol in japanese)

Your best bet will be talking to people who are more familiar with using atlas / how translation aggregator handles the \ character. 

Thx Mephisto.

Looks like your observation was right....Fortunately I was able to find a solution after searching long in the web.

The same thing also happened to White Album -Tsuzurareru Fuyu no Omoide- so I can now also play it.

So here is the solution. . .

on the replacement name.txt enter the following

、\\n    、
。\\n    。

Then it will be replaced with "、" and "。"

credits to Anonymous in http://archive.moe/jp/thread/8309169