List of VNs having their torrents removed from Fuwanovel

Zenophilious

I think a decent few people thought the 999 torrent shouldn't be removed (somethign about the ds being a bit of a dead console these days?) fwiw, but whether to restore it or not I don't know.

You can play DS games on the 3DS if you don't have one, and the game is only $20 from Amazon. That's probably not the main issue here. I think the main issue would be whether it's worth keeping pages up if they don't have a torrent link, and Fuwa not having a definition of a VN so Fuwa doesn't know what to put on the site and what to keep off. I think Kendjin mentioned the DS games were deleted partly because they weren't VNs? I think that's an issue which needs to be sorted.

I get the sense that going off your 'gut' is just starting to make things messy. Going off VNDB's definition is just going to make things messy (because sometimes it's subjective. Sometimes they get removed, then readded, then removed. And of course their definition just wants to make me laugh.) It's just one of the issues which needs to be put to bed. Tay's got a lot of work in front of him if he's serious... once he becomes "unbusier" that is, because in keeping with "tradition" this site becomes a tad paralysed if the leader is away for any length of time...

Given that the definition is kind of messy and subject to opinion no matter what anyways... meh. The other option is to make the decision based on a decision someone else made already -- perhaps vndb, but they may be too inclusive. Et cetera.

I also don't think there was a 999 page in the first place at this point. Ah well.

I also don't think there was a 999 page in the first place at this point. Ah well.

M'kay, thanks for suggesting it anyway.

I apologize for the double post, but I thought it was worth noting that I added Clannad to the "Likely to be Removed" section. I'll move it to "Will be Removed" once I can get actual confirmation that it will eventually be taken down.

IT'S HAPPENING.

Oh, and there's little point in Fuwa removing torrents from the main site if you can just link to the files on the 'Download Request' forum. This is a discussion Fuwa will need to have fairly shortly.

Also the torrents can still be used if you have the torrent file because the seeds are still active.

Firstly I think the Plan might be to blacklist links to these. But that's a larger discussion before that happens. Alternatively we just don't do anything and avoid being strung up in ethics :)

Secondly about the seeds, there isn't anything that can be done about content already out there.

It's not about eradicating piracy, but rather what Fuwa endorses. Having a consistent message etc etc

But having torrents with the Fuwa name can mislead people into thinking they are endorsing it, that was the point I was trying to make. I know that it is impossible to shut that down but I still think that it is a valid point.

But having torrents with the Fuwa name can mislead people into thinking they are endorsing it, that was the point I was trying to make. I know that it is impossible to shut that down but I still think that it is a valid point.

As Kendjin said you can’t do anything about content already out there. Things change, it’s something most people are aware of. If people come to this site with an outdated concept of what Fuwa stands for, then that’s something that can be quickly straightened. We can’t let our past bind us to a path or limit our actions in the future. 

Fuwa will have to deal with the consequences of its past actions as they come, that is a large part of what life is about after all.

As Kendjin said you can’t do anything about content already out there. Things change, it’s something most people are aware of. If people come to this site with an outdated concept of what Fuwa stands for, then that’s something that can be quickly straightened. We can’t let our past bind us to a path or limit our actions in the future. 

Fuwa will have to deal with the consequences of its past actions as they come, that is a large part of what life is about after all.

I know, I wasn't trying to bash the fact the torrents will still be used, but people will always try to use anything thing they can to diminish others and Fuwa has to brace itself for that, because it is possible for that to happen.

but people will always try to use anything thing they can to diminish others and Fuwa has to brace itself for that, because it is possible for that to happen.

Yes, well people can be shitty on the internet, it's not something worth stressing over I believe. It's important to have perspective and Fuwa wouldn't be Fuwa if there wasn't some drama *shrugs*. Also I'm confident the leadership group of Fuwa has the character to deal with any crises as they arise.

Anyway I'm off to bed. I damaged my upper back at work and it's providing a fair amount of pain and numerous twinges of agony. Night.

Yes, well people can be shitty on the internet, it's not something worth stressing over I believe. It's important to have perspective and Fuwa wouldn't be Fuwa if there wasn't some drama *shrugs*. Also I'm confident the leadership group of Fuwa has the character to deal with any crises as they arise.

Anyway I'm off to bed. I damaged my upper back at work and it's providing a fair amount of pain and numerous twinges of agony. Night.

I also believe in the Fuwa staff but one can never be too careful.

Anyway, good night hope you get better soon.

M'kay, thanks for suggesting it anyway.

I apologize for the double post, but I thought it was worth noting that I added Clannad to the "Likely to be Removed" section. I'll move it to "Will be Removed" once I can get actual confirmation that it will eventually be taken down.

IT'S HAPPENING.

Unless something changes in a big way Clannad is definitely going as well. When it will be removed I cannot say though, we might very well keep it here for a while considering the official release may be years off. It is something that the staff will have to talk over before I can say for sure.

Okay, thanks for the confirmation, Beato.  Kendjin said that it'll probably be taken down when it's officially released on Steam when I PM'd him, which makes sense, since they don't actually have a product out yet, but who knows, the politics of Fuwa may change before then.

Moved Clannad to "Will be Taken Down" section.