List of VNs having their torrents removed from Fuwanovel

Zenophilious

This thread is a list of the VN pages here on Fuwa that are going to have their torrents taken off, torrents that have already been taken off of their VN pages, or are most likely going to have their torrents removed from their pages.  I heard that officially licensed VNs, like Grisaia no Kajitsu and Planetarian, are going to have their torrents removed sometime in the future, so I started wondering what other VNs might have their torrents no longer listed here.  I originally started this thread in the hopes that I could get a full list from a mod or an admin, but now I'm using it to compile all of the info in one easy-to-find thread.  Since Fuwa is where I go to find VNs, even if I can't torrent them, I'd still like to know which ones I can't get from Fuwa or other places similar to it so I can legally purchase them.  Since I'm only one person, any help, be it finding which VN torrents that are going to be taken down or might be taken down in the near future, sharing sites where you can legally purchase copies of the localized VNs, or providing sources (preferably posts/messages by an admin/mod) to prove that they will indeed be taken down in the future, is greatly appreciated.  Feel free to post any relevant info in this thread, and I'll add it to the list, and your username to the "Thank You!" list.

Anything I put in the "Likely to be Removed" section isn't necessarily going to be taken down, it just means that a localized version is available for purchase.  Fuwa's stance on localized VNs seems to be eventually removing the torrents after a localization is announced (here are several posts by Tay, our beloved overlord, confirming this stance: Post 1, Post 2).  If I can get confirmation that a torrent will be removed or a statement that it will not be removed, I will update this thread accordingly, either moving it to the "Will Not Be Removed" section if it's here to stay, or moving it into the "Will be Removed" or "Removed" sections depending on the status of its removal.

Also, just to clarify, I'm not a mod or an admin, just a regular user compiling info.  I can't actually add or remove anything.

THE LIST

Removed (all plain text VNs' links and web addresses to their pages at Fuwa will now result in 404s, and they will not show up on Fuwa's list of VNs)

• Again (NDS), aka Again: Eye of Providence, Again: FBI Special Psychological Investigation Unit (available at Amazon and GameStop) VNDB

• Another Code: Two Memories (NDS), aka Trace Memory (available at Amazon) (NA version Trace Memory is also available at Amazon and GameStop) VNDB

• Hatoful Boyfriend (available on Steam) VNDB

Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (NDS), aka Last Window: Midnight Promise (available at Amazon) VNDB

• LifeSigns: Hospital Affairs (NDS), aka LifeSigns: Surgical Unit (available at Amazon and GameStop) VNDB

Lux Pain (NDS), aka Lux-Pain (available at Amazon and GameStop) VNDB

• Planetarian (available on Steam) VNDB

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (NDS) (available at Amazon, GameStop, Nintendo eShop DS, and Nintendo eShop Wii) VNDB

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All (NDS) (available at Amazon, GameStop, Nintendo eShop DS, and Nintendo eShop Wii) VNDB

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (NDS) (available at Amazon, GameStop, Nintendo eShop DS, and Nintendo eShop Wii) VNDB

Steins;Gate (available at JAST USA, J-LIST, and Right Stuf) VNDB

Will be Removed (I will only put VNs here that have been confirmed, either by Tay, other admins, or other credible Fuwa users, for the eventual takedown of their torrent)

Clannad (eventually to be available on Steam) VNDB

Grisaia no Kajistu (eventually to be available on Steam) VNDB

Likely to be Removed

Casual Romance Club (available at J-LIST) VNDB

Exodus Guilty Vol. 1-3 (DVD) (available at Amazon- Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3 and JAST USA- Vol. 1, Vol. 2) VNDB- Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3

Koenchu! The Tale of the Voice Actress (available at MangaGamer and soon to be available on Steam) VNDB

Lonely Yuri, aka Kodoyuri (available at DLsite) VNDB

Majo no Ocha Kai (DVD), aka Tea Society of a Witch (available at JAST USA) VNDB

Will Not Be Removed (localized but lacking a dedicated seller)

Ai Yori Aoshi, aka Bluer than Indigo  VNDB

Day of Love (DVD), aka KoiYoubi  VNDB

Ever17  VNDB

Hourglass of Summer (DVD), aka Natsuiro no Sunadokei  VNDB

Ishika & Honori (DVD)  VNDB

Phantom of Inferno (DVD)  VNDB

Piece of Wonder  VNDB

Viper-V16  VNDB

Never Had a Torrent on its Page

If My Heart Had Wings (available at J-LIST and MangaGamer) (only has a torrent for a patch to fix spelling, grammar, and bugs) VNDB

Sources for Confirmation of Torrent Removal

Grisaia no Kajitsu and Planetarian torrent removal source

All Nintendo DS game torrent removal source

Clannad's eventual torrent removal sources #1 and #2

Hatoful Boyfriend torrent removal source

Thank You!  maefdomn, madvanced, Beato, Rooke, Kendjin, Zakamutt and schboomer (for running the Visual Novel Aer newsletter/blog/whatever its classification is)

Special thanks to Beato and Kendjin for letting me bug them about what VN torrents will be removed in the future and pointing out any that I missed.  You both are amazingly helpful and patient!

(Won't be posting links to other torrents in this thread, only locations/sites to legally obtain copies.  You can ask for one in Downloads and Requests forums.)

If you just want to know all non-nukige official licensed titles I could make a list for you.

Nah, I'm looking for the ones that have a page on Fuwa but either lack a torrent or are going to have their torrents removed at a later date.  Thanks, though.

EDIT: I started wondering which ones were going to be taken down because I remember seeing a post by Tay that said that VNs that are officially licensed will be eventually taken down.  Started this thread to both answer my question and to compile the information into one easy-to-find thread for others.

I just remembered, didn't If My Heart Had Wings have a torrent that was later removed due to licensing? It's on Moenovel I believe.

Yep, it appears that you're right.  Had to double-check, but the torrent here on Fuwa is only the patch fixing MoeNovel's crappy Engrish and bugs, and adding the h-scenes back in.  Thanks for catching that!

I'm assuming this would include most of those DS Adventure Games Fuwanovel has added to the site.

Like Phoenix Wright, and Hotel Dusk+sequel. 

Well, until I can get admins/Tay to confirm that they're going to be taken down, I'll put them in the "Likely to be Removed" category.  Thanks, though!

There we go, added all the localized DS games I could find listed on Fuwa to the "Likely to be Removed" section.  Didn't add Love Plus to the list because it's never been localized.

If you'd like me to find links to buy them at other stores, feel free to ask.  I'll try as hard as I can to find direct links to the VNs at the requested site and post them here.

Well, after skimming the Fuwa list of VNs, I found True Remembrance (VNDB), which, while it's freeware, the publisher requests that sites provide a link to their page instead of providing direct links to the files, so it's possible that the torrent might be taken down.  Won't add it to the "Likely to be Removed" section for now.

It's possible that Clannad might be removed in the future, since there's going to be a localized Clannad HD release sometime in 2014, which seems to be an official translation.  It's listed as both freeware and commercial, so I won't add it to the list for now.

Added a few more to the "Likely to be Removed" section.

Oooookay...looked through every VN that has a page at Fuwa.  List is done for now until I can get someone to confirm whether or not all those VNs/games/DVDs are going to be losing their torrents in the near future, or until some of the others on Fuwa are officially licensed and translated.

I need a break.  Took me ~3 hours of nonstop staring, typing, highlighting and linking.  Ugh.

EDIT: Also went back and listed which ones are DVDs.  If it doesn't have DVD or NDS next to it, it's a PC VN.

The old Hirameki releases like Ever17 or Day of love are not going to be removed since Hirameki went bankrupt and no other company are currently distributing their games.

The Clannad HD release is a Russian fantranslation and not any kind of official release.

I will point out that any ones we choose to remove would need to be commercially available in English.

While not an official statement we may see ds games disappear.

Ai Yori Aoshi for example does not have a dedicated seller. It's price makes it unlikely we would take this down.

Steins gate has a good price and is available from a true source so will be removed in time.

The old Hirameki releases like Ever17 or Day of love are not going to be removed since Hirameki went bankrupt and no other company are currently distributing their games.

The Clannad HD release is a Russian fantranslation and not any kind of official release.

I will point out that any ones we choose to remove would need to be commercially available in English.

While not an official statement we may see ds games disappear.

Ai Yori Aoshi for example does not have a dedicated seller. It's price makes it unlikely we would take this down.

Steins gate has a good price and is available from a true source so will be removed in time.

Okay, thanks for the confirmation.  I'll remove the Hirameki releases from the list and any others that don't have a dedicated seller.

Not quite sure what to do with Exodus Guilty, though.  Vol. 1-2 are being sold by JAST USA, but strangely, Vol. 3 is not.

Sorry for another double post, but I think it's worthy.  Kendjin sent me a message saying that all NDS torrents are now off the site, seeing as how they are legitimately licensed and localized, and that they don't really fit into a VN class.  Took a screenshot of the PM, with Kendjin's permission, and provided a link to it in the Sources section.

Also moved all of the VNs that definitely going to keep their torrents to a specific section.  Removed the links to purchase them seeing as there's not much point.

EDIT: Steins;Gate's page at Fuwa also seems to be producing a 404.  Removed the link, so it's now just plain text.

EDIT x2: Dunno why I got a 404, but it's working again.  Might have clicked the wrong link or something.  Changed the title back from plain text to a link to Fuwa's page.

Was it necessary removing the page ?

Jast USA was linked and this way fuwa was promoting the game's localization. Until the upcoming changes that is.

Was it necessary removing the page ?

Jast USA was linked and this way fuwa was promoting the game's localization. Until the upcoming changes that is.

I didn't suggest that the page on Fuwa be removed or anything  :/  I already had it in the "Removed" section since its torrent was removed before I made the list.