Any good Sports animes?

Chewy

You going to ask for every genre out there? >_>

Currently airing, Haikyuu (volley) and Ace of Diamond (baseball) are really good. Baby Steps (tennis) too if you want a less nekketsu, more strategic outlook.

Otherwise, Chihayafuru (which is about a rather unknown traditional japanese game) is the best I've seen so far.

Hajime no Ippo (boxing) is a staple in the genre, and I guess you could add the famous ones like Major (baseball) or Giant Killing (football). Slam Dunk (basket) is a classic too but I'm not too sure about the anime. Ookiku Furikabutte is a good one if you want a strategic, rather realistic approach on baseball.

If you'd like some romance and drama added in there, all the adaptations of Mitsuru Adachi's sport manga (Touch is the most famous one I think, a recent one is Cross Game. They're both baseball).

If you're still not sick of baseball, you can add One Outs.

And as a last one, Bamboo Blade is on kendô, but it has a lot of slice of life and comedy in addition to the sport itself.

Hikari No Go - Go competition with the support of a (Meiji?) era ghost

I second this, it's a classic. (Heian era btw)

And while we're on "sport" anime with games instead of sports (but it's the same seriously), you can take a look at Saki (mahjong with a strong added dose of high-school girls and yuri undertones), Shion no Ou (on Shôgi, with an investigation plot in parrallel. Designs look kinda bad but somehow I like this series), and Akagi (on Mahjong, but this one has focus on psychological battles and yakuza atmosphere, so we're getting a bit out of sport here)

Ace of the Diamond is really good and currently airing. The one downside is that the protag needs a little more screen time. Baseball.

Ashita no Joe is a classic. Boxing. I do believe this is hajime no Ippo's dad. Could be wrong though.

Captain Tsubasa. Football. A must watch if you want that kid like but still awesome feel. Seriously watch his one.

I second this, it's a classic. (Heian era btw)

And while we're on "sport" anime with games instead of sports (but it's the same seriously)

Well saying that you can argue that No Game No Life is sport anime

Ro-kyu-bu! Watch Ro-kyu-bu! It's an awesome basketball anime! I'll link the OP here, behold the awesomeness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81rrMlQw5oU

Sorry to tell you after your linking and hard work but i have watched it :P .

If you enjoyed Kurobas, well, the animation will look dated now, but Slam Dunk is a classic that is infinitely more realistic than Kurobas, for better or worse. I am an avid basketball player so you can imagine which one I prefer, though I still really enjoy Kurobas :).

Yeah I play bball often as well so I guess I prefer less impossible stunts and more realistic ones.

Ace of Diamonds is great and gets better when it catches the manga! One Outs is the BEST baseball anime. Cross Game is pretty good as well for baseball. Area no Kishi is a decent soccer anime/manga. And you cant go wrong with Slam Dunk which is an awesome basketball anime/manga. Prince of Tennis is DBZ tennis. Chihayafuru is intense card slapping action. 

• 2 weeks later...