The Rant Thread

Tatsujin

I know a certain person and I don't quite understand him. Over 80% of the anime/manga/VNs that he pursues he ends up dropping. He drops a bunch of anime only after the first episode...He doesn't even give them a chance...He is more of a critic who looks at all the flaws instead of an average person that enjoys the series. Why even pursue the hobby if you end up disliking over 80% of the stuff ._.

To each his own I guess.

Too much of a anime connoisseur. or he just wants to work for CinemaSins on youtube lol.

Finalized the set up for my NAS. Standing at 28.8TB (32TB) all WD 4TB Reds, GB connection from the NAS, router, and to all other networks. Now moving all data off of the externals to the NAS. This is going to take few days to move about 15TB worth of anime ... maybe more (not really sure). I've also mapped them all under one click of a button through the Library. And while I have access on top of reading files, I can change, delete, create or move files while the second users can only "read" it which will be my family. Now they can all watch what I download and listen to the large music collection I have (though that's being streamed from my computer).

And that, is that.

I know I've said this before, but I really, really, REALLY hate my goddamn neighbors.  As I type this they're blasting crappy wannabe death metal from their top of the line speakers.  They've been better lately (which is amazing, since they were pretty bad), but as neighbors go, they're atrocious.  They still let their trash blow over into our yard, they don't care about their only surviving cat (they've had 3 others killed and eaten by coyotes, and they let their current cat's food get eaten by raccoons), the father refuses to make his college-age d-bag sons clean up their front yard, and one of the younger kids consistently uses a pogo stick in their driveway while screaming "SELFIE!" at the top of his lungs.

They actually used to be worse, though.  One of the little bastards would steal lemons from our tree, throw shit from their yard into ours (for example, pieces of shingles that fell off of their roof, random pieces of wood, old broken toys, etc.), and taunt our dog from over the fence when we let her into the backyard.  They also used to fix their 5 cars during the middle of the night (which involved revving their engines over and over again), park one of their 5 cars in the fire lane (which kept us from putting our trash and recycling out), and invite girls over to loudly screw around in their driveway very late at night.  They used to keep me up until the wee hours of the morning, and I actually got so pissed I was ready to start screaming at them from my window.  They'd only do crap like that on weekdays, too, so they were cutting into my sleep that I needed so I could function and be able to go to school.

EDIT: Now they're smoking a ton of weed, and I'm pretty sure that's why I have a headache.  Ugh, I wish I could just move.

^ I wanted to suggest that. I would move away from them. Those neighbors don't sound so good.

I have a Logitech Z5500 speakers. Hmm, no one has actually bothered us but I know if some neighbor pisses me off I can shake two buildings down from my position. I have Asus Xonar Essence STX (or was it STR?) sound card (really expensive) it's pretty much the number 1 sound card on the market for years. I also have the Shure SRH 840 headset - much better than the SRH 440 and hell of a lot better than all of Audio-Technica's headsets (all of them in general). I use that so I don't annoy anyone ... and they sound ... well, it's like you're right there listening to what's happening. VNs, Anime, movies sound real. Music sounds real as well and I have specific options to make the music sound very different with a push of a button. The same for gaming and movies. Though I have those options off so it is set on default which is that 'realistic sound' I have on. It's addictive.

I removed our old ... okay well it is very old from like 2006 or 2007 speakers that my brother bought. They were hooked up to the computer outside and the bass was flat-out bad. It was like broken or something because you can't turn it down but you can turn it up and it gets very loud. So I bought the Logitech Z200 (I think that's the name) without a bass and they work really well for 10 watt speakers.

That sucks and I am glad I don't live in such a neighborhood :c

That's the thing, aside from those jackasses, it's an okay neighborhood.  My other neighbor helped us rebuild the fence we share with him.  My other neighbors are the odd ones out.

^ I wanted to suggest that. I would move away from them. Those neighbors don't sound so good.

Unfortunately, I'm going to college in the same town I'm in now, and rent is pretty damn high here.  It's actually one of the cities with the highest rent in the nation.  I can't afford to move out, so I'm stuck living here.  *sigh*  Guess I'll just have to relieve my stress by calling the cops on them whenever they park in the fire lane and getting them tickets.  That always seems to help.

A thread for me to ramble and complain about things nobody gives a shit about? Sure, why not! I don't get to complain often IRL, so I'll let it all out in one go! *cracks knuckles*

• Not enough people are reading good light novels! Most otakus I know just watch anime, play games, read VNs and read manga. If they do read LNs, it's usually due to an anime adaptation. Hidden gems are invisible and unknown to most people, and it's really a shame.
  • Doing a studio project in school now where we get in teams of 4 and make a game by the end of 3 weeks. And I'm stuck with 3 other people who knows jack shit about programming. Great, just great. This is going to turn out perfectly....
  • Archery practice has been put on hold for a month. I do get more free time due to this, but I really do miss it  :(. I can't really take out my bow and randomly shoot anywhere I like, my fingers are itchy  :P
  • The train is so crowded every morning and evening. This makes me dread going to school everyday. 6.9 million people in this small country is too much >.<
  • 24 hours a day is too short! I feel like I don't have time to do anything these days, except for work, eat and sleep. The busy period is already over, but still I wish I have more free time to actually do stuff. Like learn Japanese.... Which leads me to my next point!
  • So many untranslated VNs and LNs that I want to read, but can't because I don't know Japanese! Now I regret procrastinating last year when I had the time to learn Japanese. Taking things for granted really is a bad habit of mine...
  • Not being to buy things off the internet. I live in an old-fashioned Asian family environment, and my parents think that everyone on the Internet is out to scam you. I'm never allowed to buy things off the Internet. So many stuff I want to buy... 
  • Not having privacy, at all. Even though I have my own room, it doesn't feel that way at all. My door has to be kept open at all times and my parents, brother, dog walks in frequently like nobody's business.
  • EDIT (I feel that I just had to add this one): Mayuki's route is too short in Comyu. She needs more! Hell, she deserves her own fan disc. No, scrap that. She needs her own game. Best girl. She's my waifu.

Ahh, that felt kinda good. Having an outlet for all these bottled up feelings can really make you feel better. Guess I'll be frequenting this thread in the future. If you've managed to read everything, then I shall congratulate you for wasting a few minutes of your life. You were not planning on spending it wisely anyway (probably).  :P

Edited by Tenkuru

I'd like to rant about the sequel to Tomb Raider and the fact that it's an XboxOne exclusive.

F*CK YOU MICROSOFT.

Thank you very much for listening.

P.S. I know they made it timed now, but it was still a dick move.

Agree :/ ........ But, PS4's getting a lot more love!

--

I'm upset .... very upset ... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/under-the-dog/posts/962029

Crunchyroll 'professional' ... Fansubs 'unprofessional' and then that fucking idiot is calling Fansubs 'illegal operations'. Technically speaking, when releasing the actual raw, that's illegal. But illegal OPERATIONS .. well, there's just so much more I could list here.

Anyways, I pulled my pledge. Not going to support idiots like them even though the OVA looks seriously good. Go fuck yourselves with that shitty decision. CR, Funimation and that Poly-tards are not professional for your information.

sigh ............. so I'm trying to purchase the Fate/Zero BD box limited edition import ... and I purchased a shit load of BDs and they ALL came factory sealed with blu-ray stamp (big blue BD stamp) on one of the corners of the case, on the official seal. This guy is telling me that it's not sealed .. like what? The item hasn't shipped so I'm trying to cancel it. I'm gonna contact Amazon later on today and have them cancel this. I'm not sure if he understood me or not. He said he will post pictures. I Googled the import box and I saw the plastic wrapping and BD stamp on it.

Fuck sakes don't put it as 'new' if it's not factory sealed anymore.

Fuck smokers..really...

I really don't like smokers. I mean not THEM personally but subjectively the decision to smoke, to smoke around me or even away from me. I can't stand it..

Btw, smoking is so bad for you that there are even 5 other things that is not mentioned a lot. Like saggy tits, lower physical conditions than a normal human being, depression, uh what else is there .. man it just doesn't make sense.

Look at it this way. I would rather spend my money on Japanese goods than some fucking box with stuffed shit inside that kills me and mutates me slowly into an ugly looking human in the long run and then it kills me ... yuck.

Give me a conceivable reason as to why I spend the whole day tired and then can't sleep at night.

Getting enough sleep grants a lot of benefits. One of them is weight loss. The other is stronger and better concentration for your next day ... that's good, yeah?

Yeah, that's good. 

Now tell me why I can't sleep when I go to bed but am tired during the whole day.

Solution: sleep during the day.

Otherwise it's just your internal clock having shifts/being more than 24h. Not very uncommon, our body has peaks and lows of awareness/shape - for example on average we should be in top shape around 18h-21h, which makes me laugh because it's when I usually feel like collapsing on my bed so hard. If you shift you end up with peak periods during the night and don't feel like sleeping at all.

Also lots of more complicated biology stuff about sleep and internal rhythms but I'm not deep into biology so I can't tell you.

You might be suffering from low iron or hypothyroidism. Otherwise your bed/pillow setup might not fit your specific sleeping needs. People sleeping on their bellies should use either none or a very flat pillow, people sleeping on their sides should use a stiff, medium voluminous pillow, and people sleeping on their backs need very soft, but similarily big pillow.

The idea is to keep your neck straight, depending on your sleeping position.

You might be suffering from low iron or hypothyroidism. Otherwise your bed/pillow setup might not fit your specific sleeping needs. People sleeping on their bellies should use either none or a very flat pillow, people sleeping on their sides should use a stiff, medium voluminous pillow, and people sleeping on their backs need very soft, but similarily big pillow.

The idea is to keep your neck straight, depending on your sleeping position.

I know I'm not suffering from either of those, and I am certain my be/pillow setup works fine. Even if I am constantly shifting positions, so does my pillow. Since I don't like not having my neck straight.

Solution: sleep during the day.

Otherwise it's just your internal clock having shifts/being more than 24h. Not very uncommon, our body has peaks and lows of awareness/shape - for example on average we should be in top shape around 18h-21h, which makes me laugh because it's when I usually feel like collapsing on my bed so hard. If you shift you end up with peak periods during the night and don't feel like sleeping at all.

Also lots of more complicated biology stuff about sleep and internal rhythms but I'm not deep into biology so I can't tell you.

So it comes down to that, huh? I've been avoiding sleeping during the day because I was sure that I'd eventually get so tired that I'd just collapse at night. Oh, well. I'll see if that works. I'm tired of spending my nights watching the ceiling.

So it comes down to that, huh? I've been avoiding sleeping during the day because I was sure that I'd eventually get so tired that I'd just collapse at night. Oh, well. I'll see if that works. I'm tired of spending my nights watching the ceiling.

I'm only half-serious on the "sleeping during the day" part, but if you've confident you'll be able to re-schedule your sleep when holidays end, it's not that bad.

There's about a billion possible causes for insomnia, including using your iphone/ipad/computer just before you go to bed (the light messes with your circadian rhythm), your circadian rhythm could be out of phase (which means your body is telling you to stay awake at night and go to sleep during the day,) you're drinking stimulating drinks before trying to go to sleep (like tea,) or you're stressed. It should be noted that just because you spend the day tired and the night awake doesn't mean your circadian rhythm is out of kilter. 

Insomnia is a disease rapidly on the rise, and because there are so many causes you're by far the best person to diagnose the cause. Which means doing a bit of work analysing your life.

Have fun :3

WHAT!? Apologizing on the Internet? Has everything gone mad? :o

In all seriousness though, I feel like I'm going through some kind of depression or at least severe unhappiness. It comes from where I'm currently living and the fact that I have no real friends. I've been falsely accused of things I didn't do at my school which led to me being wrongfully suspended for three days, and have been emotionally abused in a horrible relationship. There's so much I've been through and many days, it's difficult for me to do even the simplest of tasks. And I won't lie, in my darkest moments, I have had near-suicidal thoughts.

The only thing that gets me going is the fact that eventually I will be out of this place. I hate where I'm living and I hate the people, but this is my last year of high school and it means that I won't have to deal with this environment forever.

High school is to college as middle school is to high school.  Take my word on it, college is sooooo much better than high school, in terms of the people you have to be around and the overall learning experience.

High school is to college as middle school is to high school.  Take my word on it, college is sooooo much better than high school, in terms of the people you have to be around and the overall learning experience.

Yeah, I must say do not miss high school at all. Too many immature people (I was one, too, of course). You can always talk to us MetalUpa1014 :)!

Yeah, I must say do not miss high school at all. Too many immature people (I was one, too, of course). You can always talk to us MetalUpa1014 :)!

What InvertMouse said.  I started really disliking high school in my last year, and I probably would have tried to switch to home schooling or to alternative education again if I wasn't just one year away.  Most of us had similar experiences, so if you want to talk, feel free ^_^