The Rant Thread

Tatsujin

Rant about whatever you want that's being bottled up inside of you. Or if you really just feel like ranting about the stupidest things in the world and you don't care who wants to read or bother replying.

This morning started off right. Then it just took multiple bad turns from family, work, and people on the Internet that enjoy to piss off others. I handled work rather well. I wasn't a good person to my family (at least through texts) so I owe an apology. And the Internet issue is still on-going. So at the moment I seriously could careless. It's Friday, payday, I got my money back from someone who owed me, I may order pizza. I got some movies I may watch and I hell loved watching Sony's Conference at GamesCom 2014.

Pretty sure we already have a thread like that.

not enough people in the world like/watch/appreciate mecha anime. watch votoms its great, its better than goondams. jk i like goondamnu too.

char_7077.jpg

What irritates me is rather that a lot of (often new) anime watchers just right out say "I don't really like mecha" while not having ever watched a giant robot anime. I can understand someone not liking giant robots, if you tried Gundam, TTLG and Evangelion and didn't like any than chances are it's not for you. But hey, at least try. It's not like it's one of the richest genre of japanese animation.

Also more people should watch VOTOMS indeed. To understand what real robot means, not like Gundam and its numerous rip-offs like A/Z. But then you need your body to be ready before watching VOTOMS.

What irritates me is rather that a lot of (often new) anime watchers just right out say "I don't really like mecha" while not having ever watched a giant robot anime. I can understand someone not liking giant robots, if you tried Gundam, TTLG and Evangelion and didn't like any than chances are it's not for you. But hey, at least try. It's not like it's one of the richest genre of japanese animation.

Also more people should watch VOTOMS indeed. To understand what real robot means, not like Gundam and its numerous rip-offs like A/Z. But then you need your body to be ready before watching VOTOMS.

The mecha genre is a pioneer of greatness. EVA is top anime ever sold, TTGL is still amazingly popular with people who don't like mecha, Gundam has 1000x toys and series now and has a friggan life-size statue in japan. Votoms is pretty obscure but still has series coming out even if they lost its former glory. Astro Boy, and Mazinger have inspired people everywhere to pursue anime-related careers that have made beloved series, Go Nagai is the god trope creator of all anime.

My club leader on MAL doesn't seem to appreciate music at all (he listens to rap with foul language and little artistic value). Was having a conversation with my club about how I bought some physical albums and he said he would never pay $10 for one. I told him, "You can't even pay that much to support the artists for the music they produce?" He replied, "I don't care. Plus, you can get music for free, why would you pay for it?" I asked him how he gets his music and he told me he downloads it for free from some downloader app on his phone. It downloads mp3 128kbps which is medium to low quality. To put salt on the wound, he listens to it using the older version Beats Studio headphones and in-ears which are known to be terribly overpriced for mediocre sound. He then tells us that all of our music is shit and that rap is the best. Everybody in the conversation was pretty mad (I was probably the most angered). This has made me think..so this is the worst type of pirate who thinks he can just get stuff online for free. Saddening.

I can understand not everyone is nice enough to buy something if you can get it for free. Good on you. I had a kind similar situation but not really with Southpark Stick of Truth because alot of people complained its not worth 60$ cause the graphics suck/simple and they pirated it. But like rap was graphics and the album was SouthPark lol. plus graphics don't make the game, and it was extremely faithful to southpark. It was like I was in the show!

Regarding Mecha - I feel like I watched Gurren Lagann TOO fast and it's finally starting to catch up to me 1 1/2 weeks later. 25 episodes in one setting wasn't enough for me to adsorb all the epic dramatic moments.

While washing my car today I was just thinking of some of the less intelligent decisions I made in the past 2 years. Whenever I get angry over myself about it, I have to remind myself how it was a smart decision at the time. My hindsight forgets to take in consideration of the setting I was in. 

Also more people should watch VOTOMS indeed. To understand what real robot means, not like Gundam and its numerous rip-offs like A/Z. But then you need your body to be ready before watching VOTOMS.

I got bored of TTGL after 2 episodes, does that count as trying?

As for my rant, the internet here sucks, half the time it doesn't go over 100kb/s and the other half it disconnects every two minutes. I've had TS reach 7000 ping.

For some reason I couldn't make it through the first episode of Evangelion.

Does it change after the 1st episode? Because I think it's a bit rash to give up an anime after the first episode. Especially a largely aclaimed one like that. 

It was, however, the 1st time I actually couldn't watch an episode. 

The mecha genre is a pioneer of greatness. EVA is top anime ever sold, TTGL is still amazingly popular with people who don't like mecha, Gundam has 1000x toys and series now and has a friggan life-size statue in japan. Votoms is pretty obscure but still has series coming out even if they lost its former glory. Astro Boy, and Mazinger have inspired people everywhere to pursue anime-related careers that have made beloved series, Go Nagai is the god trope creator of all anime.

Hey Rich. I actually like Mecha. But I don't like the old stuff. I like the new stuff because of the art, design, anatomy, and critical attention to these factors. This can actually be pin-pointed to even ecchi mecha series as well as long as it has what I want. I love animation, art, pixels and all of those graphics to the very core. I also like Muv-Luv mecha. Really nice designs and well-though physics. Lots of niche things make sense as well. As far as Gundam - I'm not a fan of Gundam. I dislike Gundam because all there is to it are things taking from - say - Macross. Anyone remember Gundam Seed + Destiny and that pink-hair girl and her singing? Yeaaah Macross had that for decades. I've tried to watch Gundam 00 but that shit is SO DRAGGING AND BORING in the first five episodes. I want to give Gundam 00 one more shot because it's a new modern mecha anime and I want to see some cool parts.

I really like details about how things work. This is very important to me. I haven't watched anime for few months now since I'm just waiting on BDs to finish up.

I wonder if rant threads are a good idea

Blog media uploads are broken, we essentially use imgur as a cdn (nice for bandwidth though I guess...) Doing blog formatting is pretty annoying, since WYSIWYG is broken by the theme (probably unavoidable). Well, that goes for VNAer. What follows is a rant about the new wordpress shit I have to put up with while posting on my own blog.

Hell, let me rant about the new html whatever shit removing specifying size by pt on wordpress. Look, I don't want to go into your god-frigging CSS shit to change my font size, and on many sites )including yours) I can't! All I have are (and most of all these still require manual text editing, especially if you only want them to affect part of a line) like six different sizes to choose from. This all was probably caused by problems for people who can't read small fonts. Well guess what, there is a very simple solution to this: increase the goddamn font size specified by a magnicifation factor. <insert standards body here>, your implementation is shit (if this is only a problem due to Wordpress, I instead invite them to violate themselves with retractable batons).

This was me until I actually watched some mecha. I'm sorry, I was a fool. Please forgive me T.T

Have yet to watch Gundam and Evangelion though (but I seriously plan on doing it sometimes/soon!). I haven't really considered VOTOMS but I'll look into it, as atonement for my sins (and to see more awesome robots)

My club leader on MAL doesn't seem to appreciate music at all (he listens to rap with foul language and little artistic value). Was having a conversation with my club about how I bought some physical albums and he said he would never pay $10 for one. I told him, "You can't even pay that much to support the artists for the music they produce?" He replied, "I don't care. Plus, you can get music for free, why would you pay for it?" I asked him how he gets his music and he told me he downloads it for free from some downloader app on his phone. It downloads mp3 128kbps which is medium to low quality. To put salt on the wound, he listens to it using the older version Beats Studio headphones and in-ears which are known to be terribly overpriced for mediocre sound. He then tells us that all of our music is shit and that rap is the best. Everybody in the conversation was pretty mad (I was probably the most angered). This has made me think..so this is the worst type of pirate who thinks he can just get stuff online for free. Saddening.

Continuing on the Beats thing, they recently found it costs less than 30 or 20 dollars to make Beats they just market it at a high price.

People keep calling me short. Once I get it. Twice, you told me that. Three, I get the point so STFU. Ten well I get the point that i am short yes i know I am short compared to you so you can kindly stop. Yes I am short an yes I knowit and yes i dont like it but i cant tell myself to grow because you keep telling e that I am short okay? Nope. I need to be driven to the point of near depression before you realise "oh he is conscious about his height. Shouldntve said that. So what if I am short. If everyone was your height then it would be a pretty monotnous place so therefore stop telling me I am short.

Then I download a downloader for a software I wanted to try out. Tick this box if you want to install _____ toolbar, ______ antivirus and so on and so forth. Unticks it. Installs software. And guess what? Oh you decided to give me ask tool bar, a search engine I never heard of, a horrible antivirus, a weird pc cleaning tool, a speed up software, deleted chrome, screwed up half my laptop and then as soon as I start deleting one thing, it instantly comes back and then I get a downloading software as well as some random social networking ewbsite I have no idea what. After a whole hour,  I manage to clean you out and suddenly, you appear again and be like "o you deleted the first wave. Here is another one. There you go. Spend another hour on deleting. 

After that, my right index fingers just has a major jar and is bent in the complete wrong position so I practically cant do anything for a couple of days.  Then my knee hurts like shit for no particular reason. And then I get a test. After that I forget to do something really important, screw up half the things i do, lose a very important piece of paper and finally when that is all solved, guess what? Another test. Just kill me now.

Just reset the computer to its last save point. It works for me when I manage to get one of those things. Otherwise you just delete what you just installed in the control panel and in Chrome settings you delete what you don't recognize in the ad on part. Then restart Chrome and it should be fine. 

I wonder if rant threads are a good idea

Blog media uploads are broken, we essentially use imgur as a cdn (nice for bandwidth though I guess...) Doing blog formatting is pretty annoying, since WYSIWYG is broken by the theme (probably unavoidable). Well, that goes for VNAer. What follows is a rant about the new wordpress shit I have to put up with while posting on my own blog.

Hell, let me rant about the new html whatever shit removing specifying size by pt on wordpress. Look, I don't want to go into your god-frigging CSS shit to change my font size, and on many sites )including yours) I can't! All I have are (and most of all these still require manual text editing, especially if you only want them to affect part of a line) like six different sizes to choose from. This all was probably caused by problems for people who can't read small fonts. Well guess what, there is a very simple solution to this: increase the goddamn font size specified by a magnicifation factor. <insert standards body here>, your implementation is shit (if this is only a problem due to Wordpress, I instead invite them to violate themselves with retractable batons).

That's what relative font sizes (em/rem) are for. Too bad most sites don't use them.

Unsatisfied at work, with my work load, but I don't want to switch because it would mean another probation peroid and I quite like my co-workers.

You could rant about how this isn't a ramble thread, and end up rambling.

I think if this was a face to face conversation, I could do that pretty easily. You could ask me what's been bothering me during the day. I would initially answer,"Nothing, I'm fine." But in your mind, you know that's not true, and you would quip me with, "People who say they're fine, usually aren't." Eventually, I give in and tell you what's really on my mind. As I think more and more, problems arising from my dog having allergies to my failure with past relationships began to surface. The one-sided conversation goes on for hours, to which you regret ever asking me. At long last, overwhelmed by a desire to GTFO you can't take it anymore and give me the excuse that your swimming pool is on fire and you slam the door on your way out.

The problem with a rant thread like this is that it's too impersonal (I'm know I'm doing this backwards but bear with me.) Tatsujin's frustration has been possibly bottled up for days before this, and seemingly having no where to find release, he comes to this sanctuary and creates a seemingly casual thread in the gaming section about ranting. Just another innocent thread to start up conversation so it seems. The answers don't come back as he expects it however. People are more concerned about themselves than they are about others when they can't identify with a face. It's no fault of their own that the animal of the internet is like this. I don't doubt that there are many good people here.

Nope..

no sir-ee...well

I'll take this to another thread.