Music

Derpycatharsis

I don't really have a distinctive taste when it comes to music. More recently I've been listening to a lot of blues rock and folk, though. Particularly Beth Hart. 

If you feel like it, you can read through a similar topic here and find a number of answers to your question that will give you a strong impression of how the musical tastes fall around here.

I listen to J-pop and Touhou music in particular, as one might expect from somebody here.

Which artists do you prefer? I used to be closed minded about listening to new stuff, when I finally stopped, I realized that there's so much music that I like. Now I explore music and artist so freely and listen to what catches my ears. :s

So, just curious about the musical taste about people on these forums, see if anyone has similar preferences or simply share music. So, what's your favorite genre of music or what's your favorite artists?

No offense intended or anything, but this topic is probably going to be merged with one of the other music topics in GD or Games and Chatter, like the one nohman linked.  I made one of these threads a while back, and didn't realize that multiple similar topics already existed.  Don't be surprised if this particular topic disappears; I've had 3-4 of my topics merged because I derped out and didn't search the forums for similar, older topics.  You're new, so at least you have an excuse  xD

I'm into a strange combination of genres.  I like house, EDM, disco, rock 'n roll, swing, big band music, and, of course, 80s music.  Some of my favorite artists include Daft Punk, Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding, Avicii, Tiesto, and Modjo.

No offense intended or anything, but this topic is probably going to be merged with one of the other music topics in GD or Games and Chatter, like the one nohman linked.  I made one of these threads a while back, and didn't realize that multiple similar topics already existed.  Don't be surprised if this particular topic disappears; I've had 3-4 of my topics merged because I derped out and didn't search the forums for similar, older topics.  You're new, so at least you have an excuse  xD

I'm into a strange combination of genres.  I like house, EDM, disco, rock 'n roll, swing, big band music, and, of course, 80s music.  Some of my favorite artists include Daft Punk, Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding, Avicii, Tiesto, and Modjo.

Nah man, I don't take offense, and I am new haha. And you have a really nice taste in music dude, I'll check the artists out!

Nah man, I don't take offense, and I am new haha. And you have a really nice taste in music dude, I'll check the artists out!

Oh, thanks!  Some of Tiesto's earlier stuff is trance, so if you don't like trance that much, look for his more recent stuff, like Let's Go, Red Lights, A Town Called Paradise, etc.  He switched to EDM pretty recently.

By the way, if it does get merged, a really good way to find it again is to look at your posts through your profile, since they'll be put into another thread.  It can be pretty hard to find otherwise.

Which artists do you prefer? I used to be closed minded about listening to new stuff, when I finally stopped, I realized that there's so much music that I like. Now I explore music and artist so freely and listen to what catches my ears. :s

I'm not very knowledgeable about the subject myself, so I only know mostly mainstream artists. Notable ones include AKB48, Perfume, and various Vocaloid artists. You can probably sample some popular songs on Youtube.

Mostly J's these days. I like 'em in all flavors. 

I haven't listened to anything American unless it's on the car and I'm cruising with the radio in the background. If so, then just country or classics. There's a lot of meaning in words about the simplistic enjoyment of life. 

I haven't listened to anything American unless it's on the car and I'm cruising with the radio in the background. If so, then just country or classics. There's a lot of meaning in words about the simplistic enjoyment of life. 

J and country seems to be very contrastin to me.

Most of what I listen to on the radio is 70s or 80s music.  Disco shall not die!

• 5 months later...

I love EVERYTHING. Seriously. I love every genre of music.

When I put my music on shuffle... it is not uncommon to jump from classical, to black metal, to j-pop, to Gregorian chant (I am not even shitting with you). It would be too hard for me to pick a favorite genre, but I can pick out a two bands that I like a lot right now.

Incubus and A Day to Remember. Absolutely loving them right now.