Is Tokyo Ghouls good?

Chewy

Couldn't resist. 

wgi9uVI.gif

For me, as I said above, it's just taking a large chunk of the enjoyment factor out of the show.  I'm reading the manga now and it's much better so I would recommend doing that since it really is a good story. 

So this is the infamous censoring of Tokyo Ghouls

The DVD/Blu-Ray version of the Anime will be uncensored.

Release Dates of DVD/Blu-Ray(in Japan):

Episodes 1-3: September 26, 2014

Episodes 4-6: October 31, 2014

Episodes 7-9: November 28, 2014

Episodes 10-12: December 26, 2014

So if you dont want any censors you have the option to wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray version

So if you dont want any censors you have the option to wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray version

Although the anime has quite a few pacing issues and the animation isnt as great as some other anime, I would still recommend you Tokyo Ghoul if you want action.

However, that does mean I have to wait for after Christmas :(

Ah well i guess ill wait. It might turn out better than what people say here because no one is complaining about much cept the censoring

Ah well i guess ill wait. It might turn out better than what people say here because no one is complaining about much cept the censoring

If you want you can read the first 4 Volumes of the Manga.

The 4 Volumes are basically the 12 Episodes of the anime

And while you are waiting you can watch the upcoming anime for the Fall season :)

Heard it doesnt compare to the manga.

A bit lackluster really,shock factor and gore kept it ok for a few eps...

Anyway,only 8 eps.We'll see how it goes.

I dont see it going anywhere until the censoring is gone. Well maybe when they release the non censored version, it will be a larger hit. Also I swear at first you said it was good.

I dont see it going anywhere until the censoring is gone. Well maybe when they release the non censored version, it will be a larger hit. Also I swear at first you said it was good.

IMO, the censorship is largely incidental to the real problem.   The real problem is compression.  Akame ga Kill, another currently running anime has covered 14 chapters of the manga over the last 8 episodes.  Tokyo Ghoul has, in the last 9 episodes, covered 49 chapters.  That's an average of about 4 minutes per chapter.  There's no way they could fit anywhere near all of the manga's content into the anime at that rate, so a lot of stuff gets cut.  They have multiple story arcs running simultaneously, which leads to events occurring out of sequence, necessitating changes in motive, cuts in dialogue, action, etc.

Frankly, it's a bit of a mess, and at the rate they're going, any future seasons will be complete filler because they'll have run through  most of the manga's extant content by the end of the season.  After having read the manga, I'd give this show a pass unless it gets a serious re-edit on Blu-Ray.

Frankly, it's a bit of a mess, and at the rate they're going, any future seasons will be complete filler because they'll have run through  most of the manga's extant content by the end of the season.  After having read the manga, I'd give this show a pass unless it gets a serious re-edit on Blu-Ray.

They tend not to actually do a massive edit when released on blu-ray. Therefore, I doubt there is anymore hope in Tokyo Ghouls.

Still feel the anime is a waste of time.

12 eps and we won't get any closure.

I'm usually torn about that because making a story last a while is good and allows for greater attachment but the more it drags out the more likely you are to not finish the story and get into situations like TWGOK where you skip important information.

I'm usually torn about that because making a story last a while is good and allows for greater attachment but the more it drags out the more likely you are to not finish the story and get into situations like TWGOK where you skip important information.

Contrariwise, rushing through an adaptation of a manga that hasn't yet concluded risks the show falling to the same fate as Rurouni Kenshin, where the animation studio has to do a season of filler that turns the audience off, leading to the show cancelling before it can adapt the manga entirely.

Still kind of bitter about that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do people keep saying that Kaneki is a whiny bi*ch? What would you do if you turned into a monster that can eat only human flesh? Geez. Now the recommendation. I can't recommend this anime enough right now. You should probably wait for season 2 to come out in January, and then watch both at the same time. The ending of the first season is just incomplete, so you'll be kept wondering "what the hell happened next?". Or just read the manga, if you want your soul crushed. Sent from my GT-S5570I using Tapatalk 2

About to hit this shit hard tonight. Download speed over 5MB on all 12 episodes. Downloading all episodes from DameDesuYo. Any other good fansub out there you guys recommend? Commie is no good, fyi.

Awww man this is censored. The horror/gore is cencored and there's nudity in this. Grrr ....................... to wait for BDs, or to watch now. Hmm..

Why do people keep saying that Kaneki is a whiny bi*ch? What would you do if you turned into a monster that can eat only human flesh? Geez. Now the recommendation. I can't recommend this anime enough right now. You should probably wait for season 2 to come out in January, and then watch both at the same time. The ending of the first season is just incomplete, so you'll be kept wondering "what the hell happened next?". Or just read the manga, if you want your soul crushed. Sent from my GT-S5570I using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I guess that sounds like a plan.

Edit: I just read from Nosebleed that the second season has been delisted so i guess that isnt possible anymore.

Urgh you guys don't know how badly I want to purchase the BDs for Tokyo Ghoul, but it's not worth it. :/ There are flaws all over the place, the fighting isn't as great in some scenes and not much explained. No proper theories or explanation behind somethings ... I'm on episode 9. Sigh, the art box and music are really good ... but the plot .......

Why do people keep saying that Kaneki is a whiny bi*ch? What would you do if you turned into a monster that can eat only human flesh? Geez. Now the recommendation. I can't recommend this anime enough right now. You should probably wait for season 2 to come out in January, and then watch both at the same time. The ending of the first season is just incomplete, so you'll be kept wondering "what the hell happened next?". Or just read the manga, if you want your soul crushed. Sent from my GT-S5570I using Tapatalk 2 Thanks. I guess that sounds like a plan.   Edit: I just read from Nosebleed that the second season has been delisted so i guess that isnt possible anymore.
It was announced on the official Chinese site, by accident. They probably realized the mistake they made, and quickly deleted it. Season 2 will be made, and will air in January, as it said on the website. Sent from my GT-S5570I using Tapatalk 2