Pictures in Hoshizora no Memoria

Nimbus

This may come off as a silly question but is there a particular name for those funny pictures that appear in Hoshizora no Memoria such as when Kosame chops You of what Asuho falls asleep at her desk? and if not is there anything that they're commonly referred to as?

The style is either called chibi, Japanese slang meaning "short person" or "small child", or super deformed.  They both refer to the same thing.

I'd never heard of the chibi style referred to as super deformed, but I saw it on Grisaia's VNDB page, and the rest is history.

EDIT: Oh my God, apparently this exists.  This is hilarious.

Nah, it's not a real subgenre of fighting games, just a subcategory.  The list I mentioned is pretty small compared to the rest of the page, and I'm pretty so they're only really popular in Japan.

I think it's too much of a niche to work out in the west, at least for now.

Nicheception.

I know I set it up but you really didn't need to actually go and say it. :'(

In the west yeah, but over there not so much. Any kind of anime-like art is everywhere so they tend to look past that first barrier much more naturally than westerners.

We live in the west, therefore I don't care for your logical counterarguments and excuses.

The style is either called chibi, Japanese slang meaning "short person" or "small child", or super deformed.  They both refer to the same thing.

I'd never heard of the chibi style referred to as super deformed, but I saw it on Grisaia's VNDB page, and the rest is history.

EDIT: Oh my God, apparently this exists.  This is hilarious.

Thanks mate, it was so frustrating trying to describe these without giving them a proper name.