Japanese Blood Types  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is your blood type?

• A
    • B
    • AB
    • O
    • I don't know my blood type
  2. 2. Do you find the traits associated with your blood type in Japanese culture accurate?

• Yes
    • No
    • Somewhat

This poll is closed to new votes

On a sidenote, I have a rather gloomy thing to mention. People with 0 blood type have the least chances of survivial in case of a need for a blood transfusion; Our blood cells are compatible only with these from other 0 type people; Ironically, 0 is the most precious blood type as well, since it can be used for people with any other blood types. So, if you ever wondered, whether you'll be able to die heroically - this is your answer. Blood centers will kill just to get your blood and it might save plenty of people; that is, until something really bad happens to you and there won't be any blood available for your transfusion. Chances are extremely high, since 0 type is always overused.

On a sidenote, I have a rather gloomy thing to mention. People with 0 blood type have the least chances of survivial in case of a need for a blood transfusion; Our blood cells are compatible only with these from other 0 type people; Ironically, 0 is the most precious blood type as well, since it can be used for people with any other blood types. So, if you ever wondered, whether you'll be able to die heroically - this is your answer. Blood centers will kill just to get your blood and it might save plenty of people; that is, until something really bad happens to you and there won't be any blood available for your transfusion. Chances are extremely high, since 0 type is always overused.

In that case, I'd be a super hero, because not only am I type O, I'm also negative, those are considered to be the universal donors if I remember biology classes. And AB+ the universal receivers.

In that case, I'd be a super hero, because not only am I type O, I'm also negative, those are considered to be the universal donors if I remember biology classes. And AB+ the universal receivers.

Gold star for you today.  

goldstar.gif

That only applies to RBC though, plasma is the opposite. 

This is only true of O- , O positive has fewer blood types it can be used for.

4VZ24RL.png

If someone has AB+, they are lucky :D Ironically though if you are AB+ you are a bloody useless donor.

Oh god I'm the only one with A+ on this thread, I'm special! But the traits for A were spot on for me

My long lost statistical outlier, how I have missed you. 

Pretty much anyone with Rh+ blood has their donating abilities cut in half.  Probably why the Red Cross doesn't bug me as much as other people. 

My long lost statistical outlier, how I have missed you. 

Pretty much anyone with Rh+ blood has their donating abilities cut in half.  Probably why the Red Cross doesn't bug me as much as other people. 

Lucky for me I can receive rather than give, I'm such a scumbag

remember, people, always get a tattoo on your forehead which states your blood type. For safety purposes. ^^

I once watched an anime about blood types... it was short and weird and I can't say much more.

Also, I thought O was rarer, but I guess I was just thinking O-. The more you know...

I'm type A-, and I'm not even close to being like my category is described.  I fit type AB almost to the letter.  I'm so forgetful I'd lose my hair if it wasn't growing out of my skin.

I'm pretty sure they can do it in 10 minutes or less.  All else fails, you get O- blood. 

I donated for EC in senior year Anatomy.  I was curious anyway so it was fun to find out.

Yep.  I donated blood this year, and it actually took less than 10 minutes for me.  It actually didn't hurt at all.  I did it so a friend of mine would feel less scared about doing it herself, and so I could find out my blood type.  I also got a coupon for a free carton of ice cream from Baskin Robin's, so I couldn't complain.

Not a clue what I am, but considering the majority of America is O... I imagine that? Dunno.

If you know your parent's you can do a punnet square real quick, there may be only one option. 

Does anyone actually have split personality here? I really doubt that many AB people here have split personality

I was actually considering the fact that maybe the people who say somewhat are part of the individual alleles.  For example I'm a type B phenotype but I'm a B/O genotype which may account for the fact that I have some traits of both B and O, as compared to someone who had a B/B genotype.

Also in case anyone's curious, I would classify Type A as Water, Type B as Fire, Type AB as Air and Type O as Earth. 

Here in Japan I get asked my blood type ALL THE TIME and people are always shocked that I don't know it. I really need to find out somehow D: Maybe I can ask at my next health check.

You should check the wikipedia page and see which blood type you think you have, and then see if it matches when you find out which one you actually have. You know, for science! :D