Pokemans

Snowtsuku

Well, let's talk anything about pokemons like what version did you play first, favorite starters, favorite types, favorite versions, if any, pokemon games you are playing or your pokemon team, whatever.

I started playing pokemon red, which Charmander as my starter. Shit was hard, having rock and water as the first two gym leaders and that time charmander cannot learn metal claw -.-. The next version I played was gold with totodile as my starter. It's easier since having an ice punch kills chikorita like np and is also good against dragons. I am playing pokemon fire red today though biggrin.gif

I never had gameboy and I was only playing on friends one Red.

However we enjoyed more were the TCG, I invested so much money into that and even have second edition Charizzard foil in my collection xD

But that all is like 20 years ago or when was it that pokemon were popular here xD

Now about a year ago I bought some pack codes on ebay (about 50$ worth of online codes) for the pokemon TCG online official by nindendo and were playing that, it was fun but I don't like most of the new pokemon, its just not what it used to be with the original 150, I knew them all, now there is like 600 of them or whatever and its too bad, the new cards are just too OP. Yes there were OP cards back then but it is ridiculous now with the new TCG, they always make the new cards better and I hate that. It forces people to buy new ones sure, but you can building your deck to be the best and then they release pokemon pink and lightgreen or whatever the names now are and all the new pokemon are just straight better and look terrible xD

And the new pokemon game I mean WTF the started pokemon just suck, it looks like some frog and other weird things, nothing matches the awesomeness of bulbasaur, charmander and squirtle.

So that is my pokemon stance now, I liked the original but the adding of too many new ones ruined it for me.

Like sure there are some good ones even on the TCG, I was mainly playing tyranitar prime based deck on the online TCG (he looks cool and has cool name) and those other copyattack pokemon from Black but it just wasn't it, if I wanted copycat I could have used ditto back then, not some random guy I don't even remember name anymore xD

I actually hate it when they change the TCG card format. I had some cards way back and when I saw the new card I thought they are fakes. I dunno but the older format looks more awesome to me. Also I do not know why there are several pokemon cards with different types from their game counterpart called delta species and I was like, WTF is this card a fake o.O

About the number of pokemon, I like the pokemons until the 251, this is probably because I played he gold version longer than the red version which is why I learn to love the additional 100, but the next generations are meh IMO. I also don't like the starters in the new generation they are about to release. -.-

It's funny you brought this up when you did! I just found a super-cheap HeartGold at the local GameStop, and have been using it as a reward for study sessions : ). I started with Red, too, played Yellow, Gold, Emerald, and am currently playing Black. Too much? Probably. Still, I love them Pokemon.

Speaking of which, the upcoming 3DS games (X/Y) look really cool. Think you'll play 'em?

Speaking of which, the upcoming 3DS games (X/Y) look really cool. Think you'll play 'em?

I'm having trouble to choose between 3DS or PSVita , but that aside, I stopped playing Pokemon after Gold and Silver.

Red, Blue, Gold and Silver were my favorites~ >w<

I didn't care about newer Pokemons and the new game features...

They just.. didn't feel the same you know?

It's funny you brought this up when you did! I just found a super-cheap HeartGold at the local GameStop, and have been using it as a reward for study sessions : ). I started with Red, too, played Yellow, Gold, Emerald, and am currently playing Black. Too much? Probably. Still, I love them Pokemon.

The reason I posted one is because PD forum has 5 pokemon threads on 5 different sections so I thought why not one here?

About the X and Y version, I still do not know. I don't even know if I have the money as I am saving for a laptop as of now xD

I'm having trouble to choose between 3DS or PSVita...

Oh, goodness. This was my great dilemma, too. I definitely play my Vita more (Persona 4 Golden is, quite honestly, amazing), but the 3DS has a much bigger variety of games. If you decide on the 3DS, I'd REALLY recommend saving up for the 3DS XL -- the screen size makes a big difference.

They just.. didn't feel the same you know?

Very true. I know exactly what you mean. The fun battle/leveling mechanics are the only reason I keep coming back.

I haven't played a lot of pokemon. I own diamond and I think I tried a friends game once (think it was Fireread but I can't really remember).

I used to collect a lot of cards but I never actually played with them (none of my friends knew how and I was to shy to ask the guys to play with me). I admired and traded them instead (I still have a grudge against a then-classmate who stole my blaziken lol).

I have been thinking about buying some of the older games and try though (all they new pokemon look so weird to me, which is the reason I never could get through Diamond).

I had (and probably still have in a box somewhere) red, blue, yellow and silver. Squirtle and Totodile were my starters.

I also played Ruby on an emulator and currently playing Fire Red (still on an emulator).

I lost interest when Pearl/Diamond came out, but finally, since many people in my school (avg. 23yo) were playing white/black, I started "loving" them again (that's why I played Ruby & FR). But since my DS died, I couldn't by them since I'm still a student, so "no money" (and manga/anime/vn have priority). Maybe I will bought a 3DS (with black/black2/Y) later.

But that all is like 20 years ago or when was it that pokemon were popular here xD

the original games was released in 96 (Japan, blue & green) & 98/99 (the world, blue & red)

all the new pokemon are just straight better and look terrible xD

and have stupid names (I'm speaking about the French names)

It's funny you brought this up when you did! I just found a super-cheap HeartGold at the local GameStop, and have been using it as a reward for study sessions : ). I started with Red, too, played Yellow, Gold, Emerald, and am currently playing Black.

be careful, the cartridge battery may have died (you'll have to replace it if you want to play on them).

I've been playing since the 2nd gen with Gold, and moved on to the 3rd with Sapphire, and played mostly every Pokemon game from the 3rd gen (barring Channel, but no one likes that). I personally don't like the 1st gen games very much, the game is a bit broken in places but still playable, but I don't like too many pokemon from the 1st gen. 4th gen I only like a handful, but overall the Sinnoh region is... meh. I don't really like ANY of the 5th gen pokemon to where I can say I'd use them on a team by choice, but I like Unova very much as a region.

Waiting for X/Y now, should be interesting~

I've been playing since the 2nd gen with Gold, and moved on to the 3rd with Sapphire, and played mostly every Pokemon game from the 3rd gen (barring Channel, but no one likes that). I personally don't like the 1st gen games very much, the game is a bit broken in places but still playable, but I don't like too many pokemon from the 1st gen. 4th gen I only like a handful, but overall the Sinnoh region is... meh. I don't really like ANY of the 5th gen pokemon to where I can say I'd use them on a team by choice, but I like Unova very much as a region.

Waiting for X/Y now, should be interesting~

The only thing I hate about the 1st gen is the shit ton of cheats and missing no issues -.-

My first Pokemon game was Red and I picked Charmander for my starter as well. That shit was hard. I didn't think I could rage any harder...

...until I played Yellow version. I don't think raged harder in any Pokemon game other than Yellow Version LOL But Silver & Gold restored my faith in Pokemon, at least until Diamond & Pearl.

My first version of pokemon is Blue and Red on GameBoy, *Yep you got it on that Gameboy" not Gameboy advance :rolleyes: , my favorite starter of course its Charmander .

not too hard , and well i enjoy the other Pokemon games up until now, including major Region , like Johto,Hoenn , and Sinnoh .

looking forward for X and Y , but i usualy bored after 40hour playing pokemon <_< .

My first Pokemon game was Red and I picked Charmander for my starter as well. That shit was hard. I didn't think I could rage any harder...

...until I played Yellow version. I don't think raged harder in any Pokemon game other than Yellow Version LOL But Silver & Gold restored my faith in Pokemon, at least until Diamond & Pearl.

Yep, yellow is so fucking hard. You can not even catch any pokemon that can deal shit to brock's onix. IIRC I just use a buffer rattata to screech and use pikachu's slam to deal damage.

My first version of pokemon is Blue and Red on GameBoy, *Yep you got it on that Gameboy" not Gameboy advance rolleyes.gif , my favorite starter of course its Charmander .

not too hard , and well i enjoy the other Pokemon games up until now, including major Region , like Johto,Hoenn , and Sinnoh .

looking forward for X and Y , but i usualy bored after 40hour playing pokemon dry.gif .

It's boring if it's played alone but when you have friend who you can trade then completing the pokedex is a challenge. I remember I have gold, my cousin bought silver and some of my neighbors have the older versions + crystal so we dupe our pokemon and trade :3. Yes, we had a link cable back then.

Yep, yellow is so fucking hard. You can not even catch any pokemon that can deal shit to brock's onix. IIRC I just use a buffer rattata to screech and use pikachu's slam to deal damage.

It's boring if it's played alone but when you have friend who you can trade then completing the pokedex is a challenge. I remember I have gold, my cousin bought silver and some of my neighbors have the older versions + crystal so we dupe our pokemon and trade :3. Yes, we had a link cable back then.

yeah really bored, but sadly i dont have any friends who like to play pokemon :huh:

i just like to evolve my pokemon i guess :D , miss the old days :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

this reminds me. I need to find a white2/black2 rom that's patched and safe..

I do have a physical nds but I don't really like to use it because it's like half working, and that I can't stream it on a physical one :|

you should watch pokemon yellow speed runs