H-Scene Preference Choices

OriginalRen

H-Scene Preferences  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which h-scene type(s) do you prefer?

• Early h-scenes upon entering a route
    • Dramatic h-scenes during the middle of a route
    • Epilogue h-scenes at the end of a route
  2. 2. Where in a visual novel do you enjoy relationship development?

• Common route
    • Heroine's route - beginning
    • Heroine's route - dramatic sections
    • Heroine's route - ending/epilogue

This poll is closed to new votes

For those of you play visual novels and like to read the h-scenes, which type do you prefer?

1. Early h-scenes upon entering a route - These are usually without any sort of drama. In other words, the "relationship is just starting" h-scenes. The famous "virgin" scene happens here as well. There may be a lot of horny sex during these scenes.

2. Dramatic h-scenes during the middle of a route - I like to call these the "possible hate sex" scenes. The protagonist and/or the heroine are not sure if their relationship is something they should keep. Are they in love, or merely friends with benefits? Breakups may happen here to strengthen the plot.

3. Epilogue h-scenes at the end of a route - The drama is all solved, and the characters may or may not have expressed their love for each other. This type of h-scene is usually on the border of being the "horny" and "romantic" type.

If you don't read h-scenes, then I will ask you this instead: where in a visual novel do you enjoy the development of a relationships to occur?

1. The common route - The character's slowly start to realize they may like each other based on choices you make in the novel.

2. The beginning of a route - Fun times, and a lot of development happen during this stage.

3. The dramatic sections of a route - Characters may stop speaking to each other, and the question of whether or not the relationship is a good idea comes into play.

4. The ending of the story/epilogue - The part of the story where actual love is expressed. This may result in marriage, the discovery of a child, or something else.

Anyways, what are your thoughts? Feel free to cast a vote!

2 or 3, but definitely not 1, unless it's a nukige, in which there should be a consistent stream of H-scenes. Wanko to Kurasou bothersomely waited until much later in the game to stuff H-scenes everywhere, acting as if it were not a nukige or something. -_-

For the first question I like them either early or at the end epilogue, a good example of really good ones early would be Amane's routes from Grisaia no Kajitsu. For the second question, I like them either at and end of the common route or early into the route. The other choices can be well executed, but these are my preferences.

I prefer 3 and 2. Since i hate Confession=sex type.However from those two i prefer 2 since it may be more realistic.

P.S, the most hated H-scenes for me is Kaoru H-scene in Ayakashibito(in the enemy base). It just one of those wtf moment.

Uhh, I'll just go ahead and blockquote things here.

1. Early h-scenes upon entering a route - These are usually without any sort of drama. In other words, the "relationship is just starting" h-scenes. The famous "virgin" scene happens here as well. There may be a lot of horny sex during these scenes.

I prefer these to be at least a bit in, as it's really weird to fuck as early as most eroge protags seem to do in my opinion (am I wrong?). I do kind of like having one, though. They have a lot of kinda annoying tropes to me given the near unlimited use of stock phrases.

2. Drama ensued h-scenes during the middle of the plot in a route - I like to call these the "possible hate sex" scenes. The protagonist and/or the heroine are not sure if their relationship is something they should keep. Are they in love, or merely friends with benefits? Breakups may happen here to strengthen the plot.

This doesn't really happen all that often in the stuff I read, but it's interesting. If done well, this stuff can be one of those actually plot-relevant scenes (outlier example: the first H-scene in LEAVEs was really interesting, also made for a telling contrast with the second one.) Hanako's scene in Katawa Shoujo is a more traditional one.

3. Epilogue h-scenes at the end of a route - The drama is all solved, and the characters may or may not have expressed their love for each other. This type of h-scene is usually on the border of being the "horny" and "romantic" type.

I think this scene should be set at least somewhat before the epilogue to avoid a "reward" feel. It's nice if those conditions are met.

If you don't read h-scenes, then I will ask you this instead: where in a visual novel do you enjoy the development of a relationship to occur?

<snip things>

Isn't this just a typical VN romance plotline? I kind of see all the steps as necessary to make a route work so the question is weird in general. If you meant "which part of the typical romantic arc do you like the most?" then probably the drama and catharsis part (you can see why I I am a sucker for FEELS stuff).

I like when H-scenes don't appear until far in to the route, due to story/circumstances/ect. actually being important, and then when the time comes for the H-scenes, the protagonist is unable to erect, resulting in a failed attempt at having sex.

Is it really the best game ever? Must find out ending...

I would say in the middle/near end of the story or route. I need the story to progress and evolve to feel the accomplished feeling. 

Too early and I would only consider it as unnatural. If it is a nukige I don't give a crap about it. 

I like the story when everything develops and you feel the story progresses.

I voted for early and epilogue H-scenes, although I don't necessarily like H-scenes as soon as the route starts or so far in the epilogue they're after the credits. VN are mostly fanservice, and while I enjoy them I don't want them to get in the way of the plot, except for the few occasions where they're important, so I prefer them to be before or after the bulk of the plot or drama.

Kinda feels like you should add the "I don't really like H-scene because they are often out of place and sometime really weird to read" option to your first question... you know for for measurement sake.

As for the second question, I guess early is the best because it's most interesting comes second to the epilogue because it's most touching.

the early h-scene don't make sense so h-scenes in the middle of the route is the way to go for me

That depends, although it can be considered a very specific case, Amane's early H-scenes, in Grisaia, made complete sense from her route's POV.

I prefer: No H-scenes. For me they never make any sense and do nothing for the progress of the story. But thats only my opinion and I'm really open for other opinions ( Because I know I'm right :D ... just kidding).

The development of the relationship should slightly start with the route of the heroine. So it will be a reasonable development.

Greetz