15 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

So, did you like it? Hate it? Love it?

How traumatic was it for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSg02Ll20s

I have watched it twice, I find it pretty cool, but I really really really suffered from it the first time I watched it. It also makes a movie that is already good have more to it.

I made the mistake of watching it when I was extremely tired, and 3 episodes in, I fell asleep. At this time, all I remember is them going to the pool, meeting on the school roof, and the conversation with Nagato about how she's the only one who remembers.

I'll probably have a rewatch at it, along with the whole series some time, just to see if my opinion on the series has changed since I first watched it. I'm not that much of fan of the series, but that movie was a masterpiece in my eyes.

I like it a lot, not for the story but for the act itself, it's without a doubt one of the biggest troll in the anime industry. KyoAni has guts, they repeated the same episode eight times but animated it differently each time. It was boring but now it makes me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfoBy-yawxk

i have so far only watched the original airing but it seems i am going to have to watch this one to.

on a side note has anyone heard anything from the novels.

Are they complete or is shere still a 12th novel coming.

Every where i check is says it is still ongoing but there has not been a new novel in ages.

i have so far only watched the original airing but it seems i am going to have to watch this one to.

on a side note has anyone heard anything from the novels.

Are they complete or is shere still a 12th novel coming.

Every where i check is says it is still ongoing but there has not been a new novel in ages.

It is not finished, but there are no new works.

Well, the movie is so good the two seasons feel as if they're there just too prepare the feels for the movie, and endless eight is quite a thing. Yuki is a cool character, and seeing her go dere should be this expensive at least. I would say her character development is so expensive it took the hell that is endless eight, and I want more development than that. 

I feel like I slept through half of it lol.  At one point I was trying to find which episode I was up to when I fell asleep by watching the begining, but I had no idea since they were all more or less the same. :lol:   I already wasn't really digging it, so it didn't help my opinion of the show.  I've been thinking I might need to rewatch the whole series eventualy to see if I was just missing something at the time, but I disliked it enough that I never felt enough motivation to watch a two and a half hours movie of it.

Though I agree it was a pretty ballsy move from KyoAni.

I should have taken other people's advice when they said to skip Endless Eight, but I thought it wouldn't be that bad. Turned out to be the most boring 8 episodes of anime, but Nagato did it over more than just 8 times. I remember she repeated it about 1000 or more times. Poor Nagato.

over 15, 000 times.

It is boring, no denying that- not the most boring thing ever, though, Kyon's narration can make it enjoyable when he says something he hasn't already said- but it is because it's boring that it's good, we could pretend we understand Nagato after skipping endless eight, but after experiencing a little of what she did, we're closer to understanding what is it that drives her to change so drastically.  

And come on, for every anime out there there has to be a swimsuit episode, Endless Eight has 8 of them! Ain't we lucky?

It's also a reconstruction, we got the same cliches but given to us by the Haruhi universe's eccentricity, we get the bon festival, the fireworks, the pool episode, the stargazing, the going shopping, and of course the time loop cliche, but instead of a wrapping it all nice and pretty, they do something completely different, that's pretty much what defines Haruhi.