The Central Pokemon Topic

Stray Cat

Never actually posted here.  Hullo!

By the way, I was reading up on EV training in Yellow, and I'm seriously confused about how to trigger the stat changes without leveling up.  Someone on a GameFaqs thread said that putting a Pokemon in storage and then immediately taking it back out triggers the EVs to increase stats if they're at the right levels.  Is that true, or is it a load?  Tried it out after about 30 minutes of grinding, and none of the stats changed.

By the way, anyone seen this picture yet?  They're awesome fusions of various types of Pokemon, including Legendaries, Mega Evolutions and ordinary ones.  I was already a fan of Mudkip and its evolutions, but the Mega Swampert/Primal Kyogre fusion is just ridiculously awesome.

s2_41f1bb2e0ac969ab9af59fb8a6690ffb.jpg

They're by a dA user by the name of cat-meff.  What they've uploaded so far is pretty impressive, at least to me, anyway.

Rivals this in its fidelity and intensity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIYvkGJHr08

To keep it on topic: What's everybody's favorite ORAS mega? I was never a big fan of Salamence, but his mega looks pretty sweet and deadly, if not a little unpractical.  

• 2 weeks later...
When a Pokémon with Delta Stream enters battle, the Ability creates strong winds, a unique weather condition. The strong winds last as long as the Pokémon with Delta Stream is in battle.  Strong winds cause the moves Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Hail and Sandstorm to fail and cause the Abilities Drought, Drizzle, Sand Stream and Snow Warning to fail to activate. They also cause moves that are super-effective against Flying-type Pokémon to only deal normal damage to Flying types.

I can see the double battles now.  Hopefully we'll get a Chaos Emerald version eventually. 

More new Megas:

"Mega Pidgeot is Normal/Flying-type with the ability No Guard and Mega Beedrill is Bug/Poison-type with the ability Adaptability. You can fly on Mega Latios & Latias in the overworld and find Pokémon such as Reshiram, Zekrom, Dialga & Palkia in the sky. Latios is exclusive to Omega Ruby and Latias is exclusive to Alpha Sapphire."

And you can actually fly around in the overwolrd.  This is something I've wanted to see for a long time, glad it's finally being implemented.  

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Omg yuuuuusss, mega beedrill hype. Beedrill was among my favorite from 1st gen. He deserves some love and adaptability isn't so bad of a ability for him. He'll have some killer poison jabs and uturns. 

If only he could have skill link and adaptability, pin missile would be awesome.

Here's a video on some of this info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFvxSvPIw5c

Also, North america will be getting the demo as well for those who have Pokémon Trainer Club account and have opted to receive the official Trainer Club newsletter.

Here's the details:http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/14/grab-pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-demo-north-america/

I'm quite excited that there will be a mega slowbro seeing as slowbro is so cool

I'll miss regenerator, but I'm sure the boost to defense will make up for it. For wi-fi battles, Slowbro had a spot on my team for most of gen 6. I love him. 

I'll miss regenerator, but I'm sure the boost to defense will make up for it. For wi-fi battles, Slowbro had a spot on my team for most of gen 6. I love him. 

I've never been particularly fond of it as a Pokemon so I don't use it much but my friend has a sub-scald Slowbro that can be quite formidable.  

I tend to prefer setting up and sweeping or having a variety of mini strategies more than wear-down tactics.