The Central Pokemon Topic

Stray Cat

2 new megas have been leaked guys. kappa :P

First we have mega klinklang.

tumblr_nab5caaTWp1qadkc8o1_500.jpg

The second seems to be mega azumarill and has a different form of huge power.

tumblr_n5hrupqJnp1sqiy2ho1_1280.jpg

I remember seeing that mega klinklang image awhile back. It was ridiculous, but I wanted it to be real. It was thoroughly disappointing.

I own Pokemon Soul Silver, Black, Emerald, and several other games although I haven't touched any of it in a long time. My Pokemon Soul Silver is a Japanese release I obtained before the game was released in America and I got through half the game while only being able to identify Hiragana... that was a pain.

I don't know if this is new or old news but apparently they're making a Ruby and Sapphire remake

I remember seeing that mega klinklang image awhile back. It was ridiculous, but I wanted it to be real. It was thoroughly disappointing.

I was actually more excited for the Azumarill.  A physical boost on that thing would make it a beast among beasts. 

I own Pokemon Soul Silver, Black, Emerald, and several other games although I haven't touched any of it in a long time. My Pokemon Soul Silver is a Japanese release I obtained before the game was released in America and I got through half the game while only being able to identify Hiragana... that was a pain.

I don't know if this is new or old news but apparently they're making a Ruby and Sapphire remake

Pretty old news at this point but still exciting nonetheless.

Also, this looks entertaining. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0q9EnMh5Ko

Guest sakanaとkoeda

I'm predicting a Mega-Evo nullification ability down the road. Pretty ridiculous that it's not really a tangible battle item (for the opponent).

Wait, a Pokemon thread? I can't say I'm up to date since I stopped playing after Pearl, but I spent hundreds of hours to build up teams to ... do nothing with them in the end.
My last team was focussed on high stamina, status inducing attacks and indirect damage (hypothetically a pure troll team <3), a shame I didn't complete it.

BTW, how is X/Y? Is it really worth playing? I borrowed it from a friend of mine but he warned me it'd be too easy, else it should be fun.

Wait, a Pokemon thread? I can't say I'm up to date since I stopped playing after Pearl, but I spent hundreds of hours to build up teams to ... do nothing with them in the end.

My last team was focussed on high stamina, status inducing attacks and indirect damage (hypothetically a pure troll team <3), a shame I didn't complete it.

BTW, how is X/Y? Is it really worth playing? I borrowed it from a friend of mine but he warned me it'd be too easy, else it should be fun.

The Kalos league is probably the easiest out of all the games, but the game has all kinds of neat little features that makes it pretty fun.

The competitive online battling side of things is still the competitive online battling side of things, but with the good fortune that IV breeding and EV training is significantly easier/quicker.

I'm predicting a Mega-Evo nullification ability down the road. Pretty ridiculous that it's not really a tangible battle item (for the opponent).

It would be the perfect (and possibly only) defense against mega-Kangaskhan so I'm guessing it will happen eventually to even things out.

A dark type move that prevents use of a mega-stone would be really interesting. 

Personally I enjoyed them a lot.   Some things were easier but there were so many new features that I really didn't care as much.   I've never considered the main story hard anyway.  If you think saving hours on EV training makes it "easier" then you may not like it but otherwise it's fine. 

Thanks for the replies, it seems it's really as I suspected. I don't know if I like this new course, building up a good team should be hard... Well, I'll first have to form my opinion on it by playing.

The only "hard" main story I really remember was Kanto with Yellow, where the beginning was just unbalanced. But a Butterfree with confusion took care of Brock.

Ahem, if I get that right it's possible to use Mega-Evolution during online battles? What happened with the "no items" policy? Yeah, you have to equip your poke with the -nit before, but it's not a typical "passive" item.

Thanks for the replies, it seems it's really as I suspected. I don't know if I like this new course, building up a good team should be hard... Well, I'll first have to form my opinion on it by playing.

The only "hard" main story I really remember was Kanto with Yellow, where the beginning was just unbalanced. But a Butterfree with confusion took care of Brock.

Ahem, if I get that right it's possible to use Mega-Evolution during online battles? What happened with the "no items" policy? Yeah, you have to equip your poke with the -nit before, but it's not a typical "passive" item.

I don't know, as someone who used to play a lot of competitive battles and hence had to breed and train a lot of different pokemon (even multiples of the same one), streamlining the IV breeding and EV training is a godsend. It helps break down the largest barrier to entry to the competitive battling scene: time.

As for mega-evolutions: Yeah it's possible. There's a button in the battle menu for it separate from the item menu. Mega-Mawile (my favorite new pokemon :() just recently got banned from the OU tier on smogon actually.

I don't know, as someone who used to play a lot of competitive battles and hence had to breed and train a lot of different pokemon (even multiples of the same one), streamlining the IV breeding and EV training is a godsend. It helps break down the largest barrier to entry to the competitive battling scene: time.

As for mega-evolutions: Yeah it's possible. There's a button in the battle menu for it separate from the item menu. Mega-Mawile (my favorite new pokemon :() just recently got banned from the OU tier on smogon actually.

I never battled online hence lack of wifi back then, just battling against friends IRL, which was often disappointing - how can you use legendaries? I also was never in IV breeding, just breeded around 5 pokemon of one kind and decided which one to keep. Breeding was only important to get better/different movesets but EV training wasn't that laborious (and it was awesome to see at lvl up a stat increasing like "+43" or more).

Or I never trained enough pokemon with IV and EV to consider it as bothersome :|.

I saw that button but I consider it as odd. Well, I never liked - in any RPG ever - items that increase stats for just a limited period of time.

Mawile is type fairy? Didn't see that coming. The stats and the ability of Mega-Mawile are impressive, no wonder it's considered Uber now. As for favourite pokemon, no one can beat Shuckle!

I never battled online hence lack of wifi back then, just battling against friends IRL, which was often disappointing - how can you use legendaries? I also was never in IV breeding, just breeded around 5 pokemon of one kind and decided which one to keep. Breeding was only important to get better/different movesets but EV training wasn't that laborious (and it was awesome to see at lvl up a stat increasing like "+43" or more).

Or I never trained enough pokemon with IV and EV to consider it as bothersome :|.

I saw that button but I consider it as odd. Well, I never liked - in any RPG ever - items that increase stats for just a limited period of time.

Mawile is type fairy? Didn't see that coming. The stats and the ability of Mega-Mawile are impressive, no wonder it's considered Uber now. As for favourite pokemon, no one can beat Shuckle!

The new breeding system made IV's easier as well.  I never made a full team but it's usually easy enough get at least 3 or 4 key ones for each Pokemon. 

What starter is everyone thinking about for OR/AS?  I'm going with Mudkip personally. 

The new breeding system made IV's easier as well.  I never made a full team but it's usually easy enough get at least 3 or 4 key ones for each Pokemon. 

What starter is everyone thinking about for OR/AS?  I'm going with Mudkip personally. 

I went with Torchic back back in the R/S/E days, but since I've used Blaziken in 5th and 6th gen competitively as well as its mega form, I'm going to go with one of the others. I'm thinking I'll end up with Treecko. I had always thought Grovyle was the coolest 2nd form out of the 3rd gen starters (leaf blade arms) and mega sceptile just simply looks pretty badass. 

• 2 weeks later...

In gen II, I found and failed to catch a shiny Remoraid. In gen VI, I caught a shiny Throh. Neither particularly exciting Pokemon. I'm pretty sure I'm not forgetting anything else. I never had the patience for the Masuda method and using Poke Radar likely doesn't give you a shiny you can use competitively so I never really cared.

I have managed to legitimately catch Pokerus myself like every gen since its been introduced, but that's not really that exciting since Pokemon with it are easy to come by through trades.

I played half of gold as a wee lad, and other than that maybe four complete runs of yellow. My favorite pokeman outside of the much beloved lineage would be Sandslash. I caught one in yellow that would always crit with slash. I tried hundreds of times but all he did was crit. Don't ask me why