Moe Space Program (A Kerbal Space Program Mission)

The Major

TvriUqd.png

Welcome to the Moe Space Program! Our mission is to spread cuteness throughout the galaxy! The idea is to plant a flag of our favorite cute characters on every planet we can land on. Is there really any need for this? Not really, I just wanted a reason to play more KSP.

My original idea was to let everybody choose which planet you wanted, but I kind of want to visit the planets in order, so we'll just do that. So I guess what I'm asking for is what characters would you like to see represented in space. You can just say the character (let me know where they are from), or If you'd be so kind as to link me to a picture to use for the flag, that would be nice. Or if you want to you can make your own flag for me to use. (256 x 160 jpg)

There are 15 known targets. Moho is the first planet we will visit, and Eloo will be the last.

Default flag planted on Kerbin (as an example of what they look like)

22e886e209.png

Our targets:

cab039af36.png

Kerbol (The Sun) - We can't land on the sun.

Moho

Eve
     - Gilly

Kerbin (Our home planet)
     - Mun
     - Minmus

Duna
     - Ike

Dres

Jool - Gas planet. We can't land there.
     - Laythe
     - Vall
     - Tylo
     - Bop
     - Pol

Eloo

Mission 1: Moho
cf2elwI.jpg

Mission 1 was a success! kind of. Not only did Captain Jebediah forget to put landing gear on his own craft, he didn't even bring enough fuel, so the landing was extremely rough. In fact, there is no part of his ship that actually survived. He did, though. How? I don't know. He may be stranded on Moho forever, but at least he was able to carry out his mission. Maybe we'll send a rescue party at some point. Whatever. I'm still calling it a success.

^_^

Next stop: Eve's moon, Gilly.

Captain Jebediah's ship. Mochiyucky Mk I.
e601e591c0.png

3d23f1afb3.png

6d6df3a117.png

ffe7957c13.png

Mission 2: Gilly
eYmIaTS.jpg

Captain Bill's ship, the 501st Striker

itXfIRk.png

Overall a much smoother mission than our first, with not only enough fuel to get us to Gilly, but enough to also get our captain back to Kerbin! This we we planted a flag for the (obviously) best two Strike Witches, Perrine and Charlotte.

That purple planet you see is Eve, which is our next mission.
Go8NSKc.png

wVX7Tby.png

NX4hpxB.png

And a successful landing back on Kerbin!

UqEbMuz.png

Mission 3: Eve
rosBVbY.jpg

Eve was always something that would be easy to land on, but chances are we would never return our pilot. The KSP wiki even states that "Because of the atmosphere it's the hardest planet to return from after landing."

But we made it! Our captain carried out his mission, so it's considered a success.

Captain Thompwise used a slightly modified version of our last ship, the "501st Striker", to get there.

X9mBkfP.png

LLfNnaD.png

CjmPQHk.png

JtI95Xd.png

Mission 4: The Mun
Touka.jpg

[Click here for mission 4]

Yeah, sandbox. The Moe Space Program won't be held back by such things as money. What is the purpose of the Batman Space Program, anyway? Surely there is no greater purpose than ours, spreading cuteness throughout the galaxy.

Our purpose is to merely get better at the game. We've yet to send a Kerbal past Minmus except for that time I missed the Mun and sent Jeb into deep space. 

Stock parts only?

(I've landed probes on Eve, Duna, and Laythe.)

Mission 1 was a success! kind of. Not only did Captain Jebediah forget to put landing gear on his own craft, he didn't even bring enough fuel, so the landing was extremely rough. In fact, there is no part of his ship that actually survived. He did, though. How? I don't know. He may be stranded on Moho forever,  but at least he was able to carry out his mission. Maybe we'll send a rescue party at some point. Whatever. I'm still calling it a success. ^_^

3d23f1afb3.png

6d6df3a117.png

ffe7957c13.png

Mission 1 was a success! kind of. Not only did Captain Jebediah forget to put landing gear on his own craft, he didn't even bring enough fuel, so the landing was extremely rough. In fact, there is no part of his ship that actually survived. He did, though. How? I don't know. He may be stranded on Moho forever,  but at least he was able to carry out his mission. Maybe we'll send a rescue party at some point. Whatever. I'm still calling it a success. ^_^

3d23f1afb3.png

6d6df3a117.png

ffe7957c13.png

Oh.... if getting them back is not a requirement, then I got dis. 

Yeah who knows. We may or may not send rescue (probably not). As long as a flag gets planted, I'm saying it's successful. You should have seen this landing though... it was amazing. lol

I hear Moho is a tough landing because of the weird inclinations in the surface. Care to post an image of your launch vehicle? Want to see how similar it is to my old designs (lost all my ships because I removed KW Rocketry)

Care to post an image of your launch vehicle? Want to see how similar it is to my old designs (lost all my ships because I removed KW Rocketry)

Check out this monstrosity. I don't think it would have gotten us home, but I'm sure it would have been capable of a good landing, if I had any clue as to what I was actually doing. And put some landing gear on it.

e601e591c0.png

a425a6dbf9.png

Needs more struts and boosters. I'm surprised you didn't use nuclear engines. Longer burn times, but saves so much Delta V.

These were my two best rockets (both unmanned). The top one could easily make return missions if I could master docking a lander back with the main ship. The bottom is a very lightweight, powerful probe rocket. The top one will hopefully be the basis for my new inter-planetary rocket tomorrow to surpass the Moe Rockets. 

6BAFD.jpg

247433876e.jpg

I should have picked this up during summer steam sale.   I had already got so much though...

You should definitely send that rescue mission.  To leave a man behind is unthinkable.

I'm sad to report that I've failed to bring Captain Jeb back after many attempts. Oh well. Somebody needs to start a base on Planet Tamako, and it may as well be him. :lol:

On to the next mission!

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the original post with the information from Mission 2, so check it out. We were actually able to get our captain home this time (take that, vemocleus :P)

Our next mission will be to Eve. Which we will be claiming in the name of Tsumugi Kotobuki, as requested by maefdomn.

rosBVbY.jpg

Let me see if I get this correctly. We are to choose a flag to plant on a planet for you? Said flag needs to be Moe. Will this do, then?

Touka.jpg

I don't care about the planet. 

Did I miss anything? Do enlighten me if I did.

Yep, that's pretty much it. We're just going to put a flag on every planet.

You've done all you need to do. Thank you. ^_^

Mission 4 is complete. And I've reached the image limit for the original post, So I'll have to continue with it here.

Mission 4: The Mun

Touka.jpg

I like how what should have been our easiest mission yet ended up with me landing our ship sideways on the Mun. Oh well, only a minor setback, but still goes to show the quality of our program.

XWQHEqJ.png

hwClujy.png

a93o1Vq.png

We landed right in the middle of this crater.

IdUvaWV.png

And a safe trip home for Captain Jim.

LjHFi0h.png

6798mEP.png