Whats up with fuwanovel?

AMMSY

If they are DDoS attacks, it's better to call ISP's to take preventive measures. DDoS attacks themselves are very difficult to counter, since attackers use either made up networks or virtual clients to overload servers with excessive ammounts of data. Luckily, at least all the issues come from outside.

Someone told someone, that someone told someone that something happened  <_<

Does that mean that the problem is not DDOS attacks? Is this an internal probelm? If so is there anything we (the fuwa-community) can do to help?

There's a lot of people on the net who propably dislike Fuwanovel, or it's community. Those things themselves would be enough of a reason for someone (or a group of people) to perpetrate constant DDoS attacks. Or perhaps someone is displeased, or wants to garner attention.

The downtimes don't appear to be caused by DDOS, at least speaking from experience. CloudFlare normally protects from it, so either it or the server aren't set up correctly.

My impression is that the server keeps crashing (for unknown reasons, only CM would be able to tell right now) and doesn't reboot itself or not properly, causing at least the web server to be down until it is restarted manually.

Had something similar happen with a site I was working on just recently, where nginx couldn't start after a reboot because temp folders (where the unix sockets were kept) were missing. Unfortunately this is mere speculation, no one really knows.

Cloudflare isn't a sufficient protection apparently. Having the real IP of the server is enough to get around it, and somehow people get their hands on those (happened to Fakku the other day).

Now thats just a crime, who could hate Fakku i ask you? Really who DDoS a spank bank?

I don't know if you guys noticed but on the fuwanovel.net site, IMHHW doesn't appear on the front page anymore.

Now it's comyu.

I believe this big change in the code has caused major troubles at the root of the site's php making it all broken and shit.

I mean it got a little rusty during all these years. No worries, Once it's back running, it'll be as good as new. And we'll change all the font/color/images and everything will be as beautiful as a rainbow during a sunset.

This is mere speculation, but I'm pretty 101% sure I'm dayum right.

PS : More seriously, 99% of the people on fuwa have no clue either and the ones who actually know what is happening must have important things to cope with right now.

Be patient, this happens often and isn't under control yet. Just wait for it to be back up, it always will be at one point.

And when it's fixed you'll have your answers I'm sure.

Edited by Guest

And you're saying Air is? :P

I mean the IMHHW patch is older than all the others there right now, we put the most recent (and hyped) releases up as banners.

Since IMHHW has been there for a long time it was replaced by other more recent releases.

Should have used patch instead of vn.

You get the point.

The front page carousel was intended for the "big"/highly anticipated patch releases.

I'm glad Beato took the time to get rid of some of the older ones and put Comyu there. :)

I mean it got a little rusty during all these years. No worries, Once it's back running, it'll be as good as new. And we'll change all the font/color/images and everything will be as beautiful as a rainbow during a sunset.

I still think it's about time the site's frontend (= visuals, theme, whatever you want to call it) got a serious facelift and redesign. Still waiting to be actually able to do just that. Let's hope I'll be able to soonTM.

Now thats just a crime, who could hate Fakku i ask you? Really who DDoS a spank bank?

every person who is disliking all the DMCA's that fakku is sending to other sites like exhentai for example. there is a lot of drama surrounding fakku right now, as far as people disliking the fuwanovel community I am not going to point any fingers at any one person but its well known that /vn/ and /jp/ on 4chan look at fuwanovel like its a joke just sayin.

every person who is disliking all the DMCA's that fakku is sending to other sites like exhentai for example. there is a lot of drama surrounding fakku right now, as far as people disliking the fuwanovel community I am not going to point any fingers at any one person but its well known that /vn/ and /jp/ on 4chan look at fuwanovel like its a joke just sayin.

4chan blows anyways, so who gives.

Fuwa ftw. Much like for Kirara avatar and Makina sig doe. Can get on board with this.

Learn something new every day, but i dont think 4-chan likes any one not even them selves.

as for fakku i didnt know they where starting shit.