Fan Translating Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling (5pb.)

zakobot

Uh, I honestly don't know what the hell you people are talking about.

I enjoy zakobot's work, and I think that he's a great translator. I'm just saying that we could use his help for our translations of Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate. I don't understand what the problem is here.

The problem was that you used a terrible choice of wording.

Oh. Much thanks!

It's actually the same translator (Reading steiner) who was paid by JAST USA to make the translation. (i think)

It's pretty much the same TL, just that HENTAI was translated to Pervert and pretencious Hipster bullshit by Chunnibyou Talk (i completed all endings in the both versions)

I always wondered with these visual novels, what exactly is a "fandisc." Is it supposed to be a spin-off with fan service or something?

It's something you call all the non-canon nonsense that is still officially developed by the company who made the visual novel in the first place. It mostly contains fanservice the fans ask for, yes.

Alternatively, you can check in this lexicon, created by all the lovely Fuwanovel members: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yfMIKXtfCFnZgcgRN_-34B8CdSTRE2FwDrvT4gCPP-s/edit

Dat Mayuri route... ;_;
I finally got my romance, I'm completely satisfied now. A great route to end S;G HRnD.

On a different note: Maybe you should advertise here the completion of your project a bit more? I read your post on reddit, but here on Fuwanovel I wouldn't know it's finished if I hadn't followed this translation.

All in all, thank you Zakobot for translating this fandisc.
If criticism is allowed: The translation was good for me, I understood everything and even terms from S;G were correctly adopted. The only minus points would be the occasional wrong spell checker corrections and the regular lacking of syntax - but I can't really complain and don't want to. There was probably not much time for editing at this release pace.

Dat Mayuri route... ;_;

I finally got my romance, I'm completely satisfied now. A great route to end S;G HRnD.

On a different note: Maybe you should advertise here the completion of your project a bit more? I read your post on reddit, but here on Fuwanovel I wouldn't know it's finished if I hadn't followed this translation.

All in all, thank you Zakobot for translating this fandisc.

If criticism is allowed: The translation was good for me, I understood everything and even terms from S;G were correctly adopted. The only minus points would be the occasional wrong spell checker corrections and the regular lacking of syntax - but I can't really complain and don't want to. There was probably not much time for editing at this release pace.

Glad you enjoyed it! I've also updated the first post to indicate completion as you've suggested.

Your critical points are all valid and I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a perfectionist and it shows. I think it was good enough for people to enjoy the game while there were quite a few spelling mistakes and syntax errors, and line breaks not properly wrapped especially during the first half of the game.