Fan Translating Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling (5pb.)

zakobot

Edit: It's done! Completed! Common Route, All the individual routes! 18518 lines (not words) translated into English!

Hello everyone!

After playing through Steins;Gate I decided to have a go at translating the fan-disc Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri No Darling which as far as I know has not been translated by anyone so far and is probably not going to be translated officially.

Wiki link:

http://steins-gate.wikia.com/wiki/Steins;Gate_-_Darling_of_Loving_Vows

Vndb link:

http://vndb.org/v6618

You can check out the first episode here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8n7jqZ5GZI

These episodes will be relatively longer than usual because I figured that if you've read through the 30+ hours of the original Steins;Gate you can probably deal with (or you might even want) longer episodes rather than breaking them down into 10-20 minute chunks.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the video and come back for more! :D

Really nice that you decided to do this! I can't wait to see Moeka's route.

Would it be possible to someday turn this into an actual patch or are you just going to stick with video only?

I also notice there's some static going on in the sound sometimes, it's a little annoying although not unbearable, but would you be able to fix it? It'd be nice to have crystal clear sound if possible.

I'm no Zakobot, but so long as the translation is complete someone else can convert it and make it into a patch. 

But yes. I'm most definitely looking forward to this.

That's true, but I was asking if Zakobot had plans for it himself.

If not i'd ask if he's willing to let people use his translation for a patch, giving full credit to him for the translation of course. 

If not i'd ask if he's willing to let people use his translation for a patch, giving full credit to him for the translation of course. 

I kinda messed up my reply, but I had meant to say that Youtube translations usually show up when the translator can't hack the game (or whatever it is they do for the patches) by themselves.

I kinda messed up my reply, but I had meant to say that Youtube translations usually show up when the translator can't hack the game (or whatever it is they do for the patches) by themselves.

That's true when there's subs overlapping the text.

But here it seems that the text was fully replaced, although i might be wrong, thus I assumed he did some hacking job. Hence my question.

Well only he can reply so i'm just waiting.

I'd be willing to contact the person who did LB CE and see if he's willing to work on making a patch for this or if he can provide tools for it.

Really nice that you decided to do this! I can't wait to see Moeka's route.

Would it be possible to someday turn this into an actual patch or are you just going to stick with video only?

I also notice there's some static going on in the sound sometimes, it's a little annoying although not unbearable, but would you be able to fix it? It'd be nice to have crystal clear sound if possible.

That's true when there's subs overlapping the text.

But here it seems that the text was fully replaced, although i might be wrong, thus I assumed he did some hacking job. Hence my question.

Well only he can reply so i'm just waiting.

I'd be willing to contact the person who did LB CE and see if he's willing to work on making a patch for this or if he can provide tools for it.

Hey Nosebleed,

TLDR: Ask me again when the project is done.

Long answer: It's a little demotivating as the person putting all the hours into this project voluntarily for the first response to be... "So when is the patch coming out?" It's kind of like asking for my first-born child before it is born. Also coming from a forum staff member it's a little surprising to be honest. I'll try to remove static going forward but I'm leaving this video as it is. Even if a patch was made it would only be usable to people with jailbroken iDevices as this is not the PSP version and I'm still on the fence about supporting piracy (but that's another can of worms especially when language barriers are involved). Nobody has approached me regarding something similar for my previous Time Travelers series (also PSP engine) but perhaps overall demand to play that game is lower.

Hey Nosebleed,

TLDR: Ask me again when the project is done.

Long answer: It's a little demotivating as the person putting all the hours into this project voluntarily for the first response to be... "So when is the patch coming out?" It's kind of like asking for my first-born child before it is born. Also coming from a forum staff member it's a little surprising to be honest. I'll try to remove static going forward but I'm leaving this video as it is. Even if a patch was made it would only be usable to people with jailbroken iDevices as this is not the PSP version and I'm still on the fence about supporting piracy (but that's another can of worms especially when language barriers are involved). Nobody has approached me regarding something similar for my previous Time Travelers series (also PSP engine) but perhaps overall demand to play that game is lower.

Sorry Zakobot, I didn't mean to come off with an offensive tone.

They were just questions I was interested in asking, i'm not here asking as a staff member just as a regular person.

I asked an if question not a when question, i was asking because I didn't know, that's all, sorry if it offended you, i watched the whole video and appreciate your effort and will watch future videos you put out because i love Steins;Gate

I also didn't know it wasn't the PSP version so that was a wrong assumption by me. If you're not okay with it just say so, again all I asked was an "if", it's not an imperative sentence or anything so don't take it that way.

Let me see if I can rephrase for better understanding, I was asking if you were willing to let someone else, not you, use the translation for a patch creation. And I also asked if you were going to do one because I didn't know what your goal was, if it was just to make videos or do something else. 

Thanks for clarifying everything though, that's really all I wanted to know :)

I look forward for more videos.

You get 100% of the VN experience by watching a youtube translation. Using that reasoning, instead of piracy just being one option with a patch, you're making piracy the only option by sticking to youtube. Even if that's not strictly true, the end result is the same. Everyone will now be experiencing the VN without giving the original creators a dime. If you want to discourage piracy, a patch would be preferable.

Nonetheless, I support your efforts no matter which direction you go. I'm happy to see a translation in any form and I'm glad you're taking up the task of doing this game since I'm a big S;G fan. Good luck. :)

You get 100% of the VN experience by watching a youtube translation. Using that reasoning, instead of piracy just being one option with a patch, you're making piracy the only option by sticking to youtube. Even if that's not strictly true, the end result is the same. Everyone will now be experiencing the VN without giving the original creators a dime. If you want to discourage piracy, a patch would be preferable.

Not unless, they choose to translate only the choices they personally make in the videos ;p and show only what they want to show  .. And I still wouldn't say the full 100% since it's a bit different feel to actually play the game yourself.  But I guess you're right, it's another form of piracy in a way.. only difference is that people can't actually keep the actual game. >_<   I guess it's about the same in a way, patch or not. I actually bought Saya no Uta because I had watched a play-through of it on youtube. I wanted to play the game myself, make my own choices and had enjoyed the story. ..but I probably wouldn't have bought it if it was only available in Japanese without a patch xD.. so yeah I can see why it'd be nice to have a patch if possible.

But anyways... I look forward to your new project Zakobot!

Hi, just got link to this thread from gbatemp guy and registered to make this post. :rolleyes:

lBWmkZa.png

Some time ago I worked on PSP Corpse Party game and STEINS;GATE PSP port actually using exactly same engine, so basically I have technical part figured. Here's link to POC text edit scripts, so anyone can try it out:
http://www.firedrive.com/file/BF5AF8F346954457

Now... I'm not really interested in english translations myself (not a native language), but if zakobot actually want it to happen and there's enough people to help (inserting, adjusting, wordwrapping, testing etc), I consider spending my time working on it as well. :)

Hi, just got link to this thread from gbatemp guy and registered to make this post. :rolleyes:

Some time ago I worked on PSP Corpse Party game and STEINS;GATE PSP port actually using exactly same engine, so basically I have technical part figured. Here's link to POC text edit scripts, so anyone can try it out:

http://www.firedrive.com/file/BF5AF8F346954457

Now... I'm not really interested in english translations myself (not a native language), but if zakobot actually want it to happen and there's enough people to help (inserting, adjusting, wordwrapping, testing etc), I consider spending my time working on it as well. :)

RikuH3 thanks for the offer. I'm not sure if you know but there are not only the regular scripts but the phone messages which need to be translated. I'm not sure if Corpse Party had this, but I don't think the phone message text is found in the same place within the file structure. So that's another additional task that would need to be done. 

As for me, right now I just want to focus on the translation part. So lets see if I can finish that first, as actually that's the most important part no matter which way you look at it, patch or no patch.

Speaking of which here is the latest episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1NKt8X1kH0

Speaking of which here is the latest episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1NKt8X1kH0

I'll watch them all, you can be sure of that, however, I'll wait until there's more of them, otherwise I'll go berserk waiting for them to come out.

By the way, the pace at which you're doing this is extraordinary, fantastic job, lad!

RikuH3 thanks for the offer. I'm not sure if you know but there are not only the regular scripts but the phone messages which need to be translated. I'm not sure if Corpse Party had this, but I don't think the phone message text is found in the same place within the file structure. So that's another additional task that would need to be done. 

As for me, right now I just want to focus on the translation part. So lets see if I can finish that first, as actually that's the most important part no matter which way you look at it, patch or no patch.

I just looked, and phone messages (@ch board as well) are actually inside first 00.bin.

http://i.imgur.com/VAkZ67t.png

Fonts also fully editable (incl each letter width/pos) and images are in standard TIM2 format.

Anyway, I agree it's indeed better for you to focus on main story and keep making those videos for now.

Also, I noticed you using [、] instead of ascii commas. :)  Is it missing in exciting font? If that's the reason, you may want to try [,] (全角) instead. It should look better.

Also, I noticed you using [、] instead of ascii commas. :)  Is it missing in exciting font? If that's the reason, you may want to try [,] (全角) instead. It should look better.

Thanks for the tip, I've followed your suggestion and used full width Alphanumeric commas in the latest episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcICHUt75j8

Although I guess it's pretty obvious in this case, I'd recommend adding a little tag at the end of the title whenever you enter a route stating which route you're on. 

That's a good point. I've updated the title for episode 4.