PS3 Games disscusion thread

Novel21

I have played many PS3 Games after I buy PS3 like Tales Of Symphonia, Tales Of Xillia and other Tales serie exit to PS3 and I really love Tales serie very much, Its my favorite RPG game Ever and Of course I played other RPG Games for PS3 like Argrest Genration Of war 2 and Atelier Rorona Plus The Alchemist Of Arland self at I have not play that game yet.

It exit many other good RPG titles for PS3 and I want to talk about RPG Games for PS3.

I want hear everyone option RPG titles for PS3 and Which RPG Games for PS3 are everyone favorite.

Of course critic are welcome so free to Share your option about PS3 and their Games beside RPG.

I hope somebody Join this disscusion thread about PS3 Games

Best regards

Novel21

The selection available for RPGs on PS3 aren't very large compared to the earlier systems.

But I'll go ahead and name the ones I have, and ones I liked. sorry if they aren't actually what you consider Rpgs xD

-Ar Tonelico Qoga

-Argarest Wars

-Atelier Rorona (liked)

-Atelier Totori

-Beyond Two Souls (liked)

-Catherine (liked)

-Diablo 3 (okay)

-Dragon Age (loved)

-Dragon Age II (liked)

-Dragon's Dogma (liked)

-Heavy Rain (liked)

-Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (loved)

-Final Fantasy: Realm Reborn

-Final Fantasy XIII & XIII-2

-ICO & Shadow Colossus (liked)

-LA Noire

-Mass Effect 1,2,3

-Mugen Souls

-Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

-Nier

-Reckoning: Kingdom of Amalur

-Resonance of Fate (liked)

-Skyrim

-Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

-Star Ocean: The Last Hope (liked)

-The Last of Us (liked)

-The Walking Dead (liked)

-Tales of Graces (liked)

-Tales of Xillia (liked)

-Tales of Symphonia & 2

-Valkyria Chronicles (okay)

-Time & Eternity

-White Knight Chronicles I & II

-XBlaze Code Embryo

My favorite PS3 RPG would be Dragon Age. It's a bit on the darker side for story in comparison to the Tales series.^^ But I love kingdom stories like that and the characters are interesting.  I actually played the original Kingdom Hearts on the PS2 and really liked it.. so I just name it as a favorite too since it'd been remade for the PS3.

If you ever browse the PSN store, you should definitely look up the older classic games for the PS2/PS1/PSP (which are now playable on the PS3) ... there are many great RPGs even if the graphics aren't up to par with the current generation consoles. It'd be a shame to miss out on them by limiting yourself to only PS3 games ;p. I could give you some recommendations if you'd like!

Since you seem to like the Tales series so much, you should definitely find a way to play Tales of Vesperia. It's only available on the Xbox for english. And you should try Star Ocean since it's a bit similar to the Tales series. There's also Tales of Phantasia for SNES, Tales of Destiny for PS1 (it's incredible), and Tales of Eternia for PS1.

The current PS3 RPG games I'm looking forward to coming out soon currently are:

-Dragon Age 3 

-Fairy Fencer 

-Ar no Surge: Ode to an Unborn Star 

xD  I love RPGs too... 

I'm happy to hear at you love RPGs to Cyrillej1 and I have Star Ocean for PSP.

I have played Star Ocean and loved the game very much.

I enjoy play Tales Of serie very much, is such good RPG game to play and I'm fan Of kingdom hearts to, I have kingdom heart for Nintendo DS, PSP and PS2.

I have question for you

I have heard at Tales Of Xillia 2 shall come out, is that true?

I'm happy to hear at you love RPGs to Cyrillej1 and I have Star Ocean for PSP.
I have played Star Ocean and loved the game very much.
I enjoy play Tales Of serie very much, is such good RPG game to play and I'm fan Of kingdom hearts to, I have kingdom heart for Nintendo DS, PSP and PS2.

I have question for you
I have heard at Tales Of Xillia 2 shall come out, is that true?

Yes, I have seen that it's supposed to be coming out soon in couple more weeks (8/19/14). I would like to play it some day myself xD.. I'm already planning to get the other games though so it'll have to wait.

I shall think about buy it but I really want to buy it since I have Tales of Xillia. So have I second version of it

I guess I for try finish Tales of Xillia before second version comes out.

I'm not sure you have heard about the game or not but Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord shall come out for PS3 and I have plans to buy that to

Which character story are you playing for Xillia? I started out and finished playthrough with the male character Jude^^ he's my favorite fighter.

Yeah in Xillia 2, It seems the characters from first game will appear in it^^ so that will be cool.

Thanks for the info, I haven't heard about it yet. But why is #2 coming out when there isn't a #1?.. unless I missed it. I think I'vr played the JP demo for Tears to Tiara 2 a bit, its definitely a game I'd love to buy if it came out in english :D

This system is actually my favorite system out of the bunch. PS 1 had its classics but there were a lot of things I didn't like. Yes, the graphics are one of them. I only played RPGs. PS2, I had like 6 games total or 8, some of them weren't mine. I didn't enjoy it as much. FFX/X-2 were so badly terrible in the combat department. FFXII was pretty good, but very grind-worthy (didn't like the stupid chest thing where you can get this item at a certain time or whatever, makes you wanna go and reload the game - soooo fucking pointless). Hmm ... PS1, I played FFVII and FFT more than anything else I can remember. Metal Gear Solid was pretty amazing, too. Lunar Silver Star Story Complete was good as well (beat it twice) and I still felt like the game was "not finished". I can't remember anything else.

PSP was good for some games. PS Vita is a hella better. Nice rich vivid graphics. Love the physics. I'm a sucker for graphics and music. Though the system does lack games .. it needs another masterpiece like FFT. Oh speaking of that, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (or something on PSP) was sooooooooo aweeessommmeeee! I love it! So far that samurai girl/boy game is pretty good. I have a lot of the PS Plus games but didn't play them yet. Vocaloid games! Oh yeah.

PS3 ... let me see. FFXIII (only the first game), MGSIV, Last of Us (hellll yeah!), Killzone 2 & 3, Vocaloid games (<3 them!), God of War Collections (all the games, III was the shit), Little Big Planet games, Heavy Rain, Uncharted games (II was better than III, never played the first one), Resistance: Fall of Man (first game, didn't like the second one as much and didn't bother with the third one) .. what other good games are out there? Oh yeah! GT5, can't forget that one. I also have the Tales of Symphonia but haven't bothered to pop the wrapping and play the game yet.

I have the PS4. Killzone is at its best now. I'm just collecting free games and waiting for the big games to come out. Hmm? I think I missed Last of Us Remastered but I'll wait for the price drop first.

I heard Tears to Tiara 2 isn't directly related to the first game (i think) :P. Atlus and Nis america are bringing It to the west. The first game also has an english patch. Waiting for Fairy Fencer F and Ar nosurge. Heard both have beautiful osts :) and my favorite Ps3 game of all time Is Metal Gear Solid 4.

FFX/X-2 were so badly terrible in the combat department. 

PSP was good for some games. PS Vita is a hella better. Nice rich vivid graphics. Love the physics. I'm a sucker for graphics and music. Though the system does lack games .. it needs another masterpiece like FFT. Oh speaking of that, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (or something on PSP) was sooooooooo aweeessommmeeee! I love it! 

Really? I thought FFX/FFX-2 were pretty neat. It was a new type of battle system at the time. I guess it could get a bit annoying switching characters in all the time but it certainly made each character feel unique/special to the team. FFX-2 kinda felt like sailor moon when they transformed, lol.. lots of awkward fan-service in that game.

Have you played Trails in the Sky for PSP? Vandal Hearts II, Vanguard Bandits, Growlanser Generations, Arc The Lad/Twilight? You should also try Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, and Fire Emblem series  :).  I loved Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together too (got every single character and storyline). The games I mentioned are all RPGs with strategy/tactical battle systems.

I originally had a 360, but bought a PS3 late last year to play its exclusives. Played Graces f, Xillia, Symphonia Chronicles, Record of Agarest War, Atelier Rorona, Valkyria Chronicles, HDN and The Last of Us. Have Xillia 2 pre-oredered, looking forward to that. I also use the PS3 as my default console these days, so I've bought a few cross platform games on it too.

Yes Tears of Tiara have English patch but only for windows, But I didn't enjoy play Tears of Tiara very much since I didn't understand battle very much.

I love PS3 very much since it exit awesome RPG games for it.

I have heard at PS4 it's not going to have any RPG games beside Kingdom Hearts 3.

So that's reason I don't want to buy PS4.

Although I don't use it anywhere near as much as my portable systems I do enjoy my PS3.

My top games would be:

1. Tales of Graces f
  2. Little Big Planet
  3. Persona 4 Arena
  4. Disgaea 3
  5. Valkyria Chronicles

If you like RPGs and haven't tried the Disgaea series I would recommend it.  Its defiantly got a fun battle system if you like tactical games.  Valkyria chronicles is a tactical shooter and has a good story but can be ridiculous at times. 

I'm looking into getting Mugen Souls Z, Fairy Fencer and Drakengard 3 at some point.  Of course Persona 4 Ultimax has already been pre-ordered. XD

I have PSP to and for games have I Lunar silver star story, Persona,Blazing Souls and other I don't remember name off. My favorite are Lunar silver star story, I love it so much. It's my favorite RPG game to play and yes I forgot YS Path of Falgena so are my second favorite game

Guest sakanaとkoeda

PS3:

Dark Arisen (post-game content): The main story was crap; the post-game content was much better.

Tides of Destiny: Prefer the handheld but definitely would play another title on console (too bad the company went bankrupt).

Graces f and Xillia: I liked graces; as for Xillia meh.

White Knight Chronicles: meh.

I wish Sony would let me play my own music like the x360. It really helps for grinding levels in rpgs.

Guest sakanaとkoeda

I have Tides Of Destiny and I Wonder how I can Get to Ice Island?

It's quest related. So just keep doing the requests at the inn and you'll get to it soon enough.

Ultra Street Fighter 4. Decided to learn a new character and so I chose Ibuki. Let's see how this goes. I'm also trying to get back into Star Ocean The last hope but ugh. I want to finish this game but I get so bored at some points.

Have fun. That character is pretty annoying and hard to learn in my opinion. I used to play T.Hawk or Ryu. Footsies all the way because combos aren't my thing.

If I were to have top-games for PS3, let me see:

1. Last of Us

2. God of War III

3. MGSIV

Alright I think those games are enough. I mean that's just from the top of my head. I also have the Limited Edition of Muv-Luv Alternative and it would absolutely be #1 but that's actually a PC game more or less. I focused on PS3 games.

I look forward to more awesomeness on the PS4. Silents Hills, MGSV, Last of Us 2, Uncharted (new one), hmm .. Little Big Planet III and any Killzone game. I think that's about it.

The RPGs on the PS3 weren't so great. I mean, FFXIII is the only good RPG I would mention. XIII-2 was graphically bad, story was alright (didn't bother finishing it anyways) and never played XIII-3 at all. Tales of Xilia didn't have Japanese voices so I returned it. The English voices were bad ... just, bad. :( I don't like English voices in RPGs or otherwise they ought to be as good as the remake of FFT on PSP.

My favorite RPG by far is Tactics Ogre and the remake of Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSP from last generation, this excludes PS1/PS2 games.

I think Star Ocean are very good game to play, I dont Get bored at some points. Where do you Get bored?

I just wanted to comment on this. I played this for one hour exactly. The game seemed okay but what is up with the graphics man? I get that they were developing it for the XBox 360 and how much disadvantage that system has over the PS3, but the graphics weren't the way I wanted them. Character graphics were okay, it was passable, but everything else seemed half-done.