Canvas 2 Akane Iro no Palette starting error, help please.

Azrael494

So, after finally solving my TorrentClient problem I have finally started to get around to playing the VNs that have been sitting in my Bookmarks for the past month or so. Canvas 2 is one of the ones I was more interested in, so a couple days ago I downloaded it, however I have been getting a persisting error whenever I run the game.

---------------------------
ADVWin32 Execute Error!!
システム処理中に、回避不可能なエラーが発生しました。

エラーコード : 33-FFEC

I honestly have no idea what the problem is, as such I don't know where to begin to fix it. I have redownloaded it twice, and the problem carried over to the fresh download. I have already set my Non-Unicode to Japanese, so I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem. If anyone could help me out with this I would appreciate it.

So, after finally solving my TorrentClient problem I have finally started to get around to playing the VNs that have been sitting in my Bookmarks for the past month or so. Canvas 2 is one of the ones I was more interested in, so a couple days ago I downloaded it, however I have been getting a persisting error whenever I run the game.

ADVWin32 Execute Error!!
システム処理中に、回避不可能なエラーが発生しました。

エラーコード : 33-FFEC

I honestly have no idea what the problem is, as such I don't know where to begin to fix it. I have redownloaded it twice, and the problem carried over to the fresh download. I have already set my Non-Unicode to Japanese, so I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem. If anyone could help me out with this I would appreciate it.

What is your operating system? Are you running it as an administrator? Did you download from the same source?

Windows 8. I have tried running it as administrator but it didn't help. And yeah I downloaded it from the same source.

hmmm.... Windows 8 you say? Have you updated to 8.1? most visual novels will not work with 8, but will work with 8.1.

also, if you can, try another download source, as the file may be corrupt or missing something

• 2 years later...

Im putting this here for those who have this problem again. As a side note I didn't figure this out, the credit goes to  unknown assassin & crArck. 

9d32a179dd6885cbcf0c2368a5147f89?s=32&d=crARCk says:

To those who has the problem to install the game for 2nd time or kept encountered the ADVwin32 error at the launcher window. You clicked インストール, but nothing happened.

I don’t know if the problem has been solved or not but this might help for those who still couldn’t solve it.

You need to delete some keys in registry that related to this game, but there’s a whole bunch keys so which one?

The keys is
–> HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software F & C ADVWin32 C2_DVD
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE F & C ADVWin32 C2_DVD

Delete the C2_DVD only.

OPTION 2:
UnknownAssassin says:

i had the same advwin32 where i would run the program but get advwin32 execute error. Try going to your registry and deleting the .reg files there
heres how i installed from the iso
1) Make a folder on the desktop (or wherever on your hard disk) & rename to ‘Cvs2’ (or whatever name you want). This will be the main folder

2) Copy the entire content of the Canvas 2 dvd game into the ‘Cvs2’ folder

3) Open ‘C2_DVD’ folder & find the advwin32.exe. Copy & paste this into the main (Cvs2) folder.

4) Download & save the Canvas2_DVD.exe (no DVD patch) into the main (Cvs2) folder.

5) Download & save the game01.mrg (translation patch) into the main (Cvs2) folder

6) Double click the Canvas2_DVD.exe

and as for the adv error part
(win 7)
in your start bar type regedit and run it
open up HKEY_CURRENT_USER – > software
find a file called F&C. when you open it up it should say advwin32 and inside that c2_dvd

delete the F&C folder and try running the game again

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

THANK YOU! i had the same issue running another F&C game called North Wind and found this forum looking for an answer. luckily it had a very similar solution. just had to delete the file under the ADVWin32 folder in the Registry Editor and now it runs perfectly.