A request for tutorials on Linux.

sysBlank

I want to start make tutorials about how to play VN on linux, i want to make one for every VN i start to play on my new linux, is not easy so i think we need tutorials about that, but in wich section i can post it?

Is it a good idea to make tose tutorials?

Yes it's a good idea XD 

You'll be contributing to fuwa so go for it bro XD

can someone post a tutorial how to playing VNs in Android??

It already exists :P

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/1323-android-visual-novel-lets-play-visual-novel-on-the-go/

I support a tutorial for Linux but I have no experience with Linux so I can't help much.

It'd be nice if we could get tutorials for other OS like Mac and Ubuntu

Posted on a thread a while back about this - don't bother with Wine or PlayOnLinux and just use a Windows VM, which would be about as easy as anything else for people using Linux on a daily basis really.

Easy enough to put into a short tutorial as well and achievable with free software and publicly available Windows VMs - just download, create a snapshot after installing the visual novels and enjoy a free, basically unlimited Windows VM.

• 1 month later...

Il start today, with Ubuntu :D

Hi there!  :) Glad there's someone else who's interested in making tutorials for playing VN on Linux. I've made two of them already. Basically, most of them involves running Windows VN through WINE. You can check it out here :

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/3675-grisaia-no-kajitsu-on-linux-using-wine/ - Grisaia no Kajitsu

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/3603-running-muv-luv-alternative-on-linux/ - Muv-Luv Alternative

you should note that wine in ubuntu is probably out of date, so you might as well learn how to get the latest build from the winehq's ppa

Also reading winehq's pages on the vn's you want to play would be probably useful too (if they exist)

Also I guess you could just run it all in VMware/Virtualbox. (probably want 2d acceleration, but I don't really think you need 3d acceleration for VN's, but I could be wrong --- but you'll need a windows license for that (... which may or might not be a problem, but how legally you want to deal with this is your problem)