Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Nosebleed

No more Anime and Manga piracy?

I wonder why they are taking down kissmanga but aren't taking down kissanime (their sister site for anime). Well this sucks

They are both in the list. It does really sucks.

It's because there's nothing to be concerned about and every single person that knows the ins and outs of copyright and piracy will tell you that. It's no different from the past anti-piracy campaigns; it's all a bluff - actions taken by lobbying parties and monopolists to increase their influence on the market.

This whole situation really does suck. I live in a third world country and over here it is absolutely impossible to get various official products, be it anime, video games or even software. In my country everyone who plays pc games or watch anime do it through pirating. In fact most games released for the pc are either downloaded by those who want to play them or they buy it from stores in which people sell these games by downloading it first, storing it in a DVD and selling it for like a dollar(I'm saying dollar since the currency in my country is different). The same goes for anime and manga. Neither are officially sold as they are not brought to my country. In my country there is around 40000 anime fans(this is only counting the number who have declared themselves as otaku by joining anime based groups on facebook) and all of the only way all of these people are able to watch anime is thanks to piracy. So just imagine depriving all these people of their passion. In my case I'm no different. There are various regional constraints that would prevent me from paying to watch my favorite shows legally. Being an otaku I also have a desire to buy volumes of my favorite manga and BD or DVDs of my favorite anime and then have them on display or at least support the creators but that is impossible for me. Besides I don't have anyting like a credit card and methods to make purchases online are extremely limited for me. Basically by the time I have made a purchase, things like shipping costs, customs and subscription fees would cause my total to nearly double the original cost which is obviously ridiculous. Though I might have already mentioned this already if given a reasonable opportunity I would definitely make purchases. After all I own a ps3 and I buy original games for it(btw console games are pretty much the only things which are sold legally although titles are limited to popular games and prices are ridiculous as well). As such I wish japan would at least put some consideration for people who are in a similar situation as me and not make life hell for the thousands of people who have no other means.

P.S. I hope I have not offended anyone or given them the wrong idea as I am simply venting my frustrations here.

When is the nyaa chat section not in chaos?

Clearly the most convincing statement.

This website has been sold to the japanese government, data purging will begin in 24 hours from now. RIP NT.

Someone said they blocked a site in Japan, so that may be a measure they're going to take.

I genuinely don't see most western sites complying to the DMCAs

Other official sites already tried to purge stuff and to no avail.

Didn't read all posts too tired.. Anyway in a way this "won't End" piracy but it will suppress it. Of course some will be saddened by this event but in my opinion with what ive seen the amount the company's are losing, im supporting Japan on this one..

I enjoy having Physical Copies of Manga and Anime, although of course it will cost a bit. You got to think a bit forward about that, You buying the series and that money goes towards the next production or something ( sorry just typing whatever pops up)..

Anyway enjoy and we will see how the future Fares.

Didn't read all posts too tired.. Anyway in a way this "won't End" piracy but it will suppress it. Of course some will be saddened by this event but in my opinion with what ive seen the amount the company's are losing, im supporting Japan on this one..

I enjoy having Physical Copies of Manga and Anime, although of course it will cost a bit. You got to think a bit forward about that, You buying the series and that money goes towards the next production or something ( sorry just typing whatever pops up)..

Anyway enjoy and we will see how the future Fares.

What the hell are you talking about? Do you see how quickly out of print series can get? Don't you realize that Crunchyroll doesn't have all the series people want? Piracy has HELPED these companies by spreading the word and getting people to officially by their product down the line.

Take Haruhi Suzumiya for example. Kyoto doesn't care about that series anymore. It's available on YouTube in HD both subbed and dubbed. It's available on Nyaa Torrents. And you know what? It's been out of print for years. What else are we supposed to do with shows like this?

really feel like the whole point of trying to never let us pirate anime/manga again is futile. I do like their purported conclusion being they'll have anime and manga be more readily available for English-Speakers that can't be bothered to learn an inferior language. -shot-

Now if only they'd realize this for, oh, visual novels. I'd be more ready to buy them if I can get official translations. That won't happen anytime soon, however. If only because the first time they sent one over states-side the media over-exaggerated the fact that there was sexual content that was explicitly stated to exist in that game.

But, in short, I support the reason they stated. Hopefully it will lead to VNs being more readily available to the Western Market as well.

EDIT:

To clear up any confusion, I support the creators of the content over the publishers any day. That's where I draw my opinion for this idea.

k well this is fucked if Diaz is for real on Nyaa .........

If what they're saying is true, there will be no more Nyaa tomorrow. :( Check the chat box stickies on the torrent site.

The stickies that are YouTube videos?

The clearly sarcastic ones ;)

Just read the comments section of this article. These people are so goddamn stupid. One guy thinks that anyone who pirates should be sued and should go to jail. What a fucking moron.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/01/expendables-3-leak-leads-to-lionsgate-lawsuit

Woah, calm down.

Besides, people can actually go to jail if they pirate.