Can't be Helped + Artist Requests

OriginalRen

Oh for the love of...

Who the hell am I kidding? You don't leave Fuwanovel. For all that is good in this world, you can't leave Fuwanovel. Once you're stuck here you're stuck in a pit of molasses; a fly on a spider's web (cut me slack on that analogy, it wasn't easy). Try as I might, I can't walk away from this website. My trigger finger is itching to fire off some new projects I have sitting in the wings, and who the hell is going to showcase those projects with all the newbies joining the site and roaming the land? There are so many people I enjoy working with on this site that I would feel awful if I left. Still, quietly coming back is just not like me; I've always been about grand presentations I guess. I woke up in the middle of the night sweating for crying out loud to type this message because I felt there was something missing in my life, and I realize now that no matter how much negativity affects us at times, at the end of the day we are the same people. This place will always be a home to me with the same positive energy I know and love. That sounds pathetic, I know, but it's the truth folks. I've said it already, and I'll say it again:

We are a family. We are one messed up family mind you who sometimes want to rip each other's faces off, but you're damn right we are a family.

With that being said, let me start by saying a few words regarding the mess surrounding my desire to leave Fuwanovel. It's a simple step-by-step process you see, one that I hope will shed light on a few things:

Step 1 - I messed up, and trolls got to me personally.

There is no step 2.

And that's it. I am extremely thankful for everyone that went out of their own way to encourage me to keep at it and assist me in some personal matters. I am also grateful to those who are continuing to do so.

Done. No more on that. Now, while I would love to spam this thread with all of the ideas I have in store and jump right back into the swing of things, there are a few loose ends I need to take care of beforehand. Dealing with those in the next day or so will come next. Still, I can give you something, and in that regard, I need the community's help, so please read on!

Ren's Project Mascots

I have decided to elect 2 new mascots to represent my projects on the Fuwanovel site and beyond (YouTube, Mixcloud, etc.). While most people use original characters for this kind of work, I wanted to choose characters that I think represent the idea behind my project development quite well. I originally got this idea when thinking of the famous Japanese blogger Danny Choo, who uses his own original character, Mirai Suenaga, as his iconic representation. As a fun fact, did you know she has her own airline service, as well as the fame of being Japan's official mascot for tourism in 2013? In addition, she is the same girl featured in Yuzusoft's Dracu-riot! background images and posters. Still, while I never expect to be as popular as him, I do think having some sort of theme to my projects will help establish a "personality" for what I do around the internet. These candidates (as some of you may have been aware of beforehand) are the following individuals:

Hatsune Miku

SoZqJjW.jpg

and

Jakuzure Nonon

CkKlSw7.jpg

The reason I chose these 2 girl's to be mascots for all the projects I do is because I believe they represent how I view things when it comes to making projects. Miku is a producer, a developer, and a music creator who sort of represents how I myself am a  creator of projects (to a much lesser extent). Nonon is a performer (marching bands anyone?), so I thought what better person to use than her to showcase how I like to "put on a show" for the community. Plus, I am madly in love with her heh. Now, before you say to yourself how I have totally gone off the deep end, at least here me out.

I need artists!

I will of course be willing to pay you for the time you spend in doing this little project for me, but in short, I need good artists who are able to draw these characters effectively. I would like to have these girl's be meshed into single pieces of artwork (aka together), as well as drawn with unique flair and costumes/poses for my projects. If you are at all interested in helping me out in this endeavor, please, please, please PM me as I would A. love to see what you can do, and B. love your help. If you have any questions, let me know as well. Thanks guys!

And with that, I end this post. Thank you again everyone, and I hope you can welcome me back one last time.

Glad you realized it was pointless to listen to troll... And that you're here forever >_>

Still, quietly coming back is just not like me; I've always been about grand presentations I guess.

You nailed it :lol: Wouldn't be Ren without a whole topic with a huge wall of text and grand announcements.

Also Nonon > Miku

It's great to have you here. Honestly, it'd be really a pity if you left, we'd end up dropping a bunch of cool projects because of it. You do some amazing stuff- don't listen to what a troll or two say :P

We are a family. We are one messed up family mind you who sometimes want to rip each other's faces off, but you're damn right we are a family.

Aren't all families like that?

Welcome back, lad.

I wasn't really paying attention to most of your stuff until you left, but this was certainly a fantastic turn of events.

Reminds me of what celebrities do, you create a scandal, and then gain lots of publicity from it. You're a genius. :P