Never7: Game appears to run, but only black screens

Aureol

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale? (link to instructions): Yes
Game Name: Never7
Description of Problem: The game appears to load and everything, and if I click randomly it does "start" the game, but from the moment I start the program, there is only a black screen (main menu and in-game)
Your Operating System: Windows 7 via VirtualBox
64 or 32 bit (link to how to find): 64
What did you already try? (Uninstall/Reinstall, Redownload, Run as admin, etc): Redownloaded multiple times from different sources, ran as admin, reinstalled a few times, tried XP sp2 and 3 compatability, ATTEMPTED to uncheck the read-only box of the folder (but it keeps rechecking it?)
Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Some of the time, and I currently have a Fuwanovel copy

So, pretty much what's already stated. I start the game, and it's black screen the whole time. I can click around to start the game, and it does start, but the screen is still black. Sitting idly will start the opening video (I believe that's correct?). I've tried a few things, but I am willing to try others.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Your Operating System: Windows 7 via VirtualBox

Yeah that's your problem. Why are you using a Virtual Machine ._.? 

This VN runs fine on windows 8 and 8.1, unless you have a mac?

Anyway the Virtual Machines are very much like a barebone version of an OS.

*They don't support direct3d, directX

*Some don't support hardware acceleration

*The lack all the .net 3.5, 4.5 and C++ Distributable packages

What you need is to find a VM which supports extension packages in order to run certain programs.

Oracle is a good choice but you need to download the guest additions package separately.

Yes, Never7 doesn't work under VirtualBox. It requires you to have real discrete videocard. Virtualbox's poor Direct3D support seem to be not enough. Any official Never7 release also doesn't works correctly on any windows newer than XP, even with real hardware, which also results in black screens. But in this case people usually can make it work.
If the screen is completely black and always like that - you probably have no chances. If it only partially black or at some point you can see some of the main menu graphics, even if for a short time, fiddling with video options and switching fullscreen-windowed may result in something.

If you're on mac you may want to try some other virtual machine that has better direct3d support. (I dunno if such thing exists)

Thanks, I was wondering if it was because of VirtualBox (I noticed that using it was relevant for others' issues on this forum). I will see about getting a virtual machine with the proper support, or I may just directly install Windows onto my computer and not use a VM at all. And to answer the question, yes I am on a Mac.

If I continue to have problems after installing Windows 7, I suppose I'll just go back to using my Android, but I suppose I wanted a truer experience (the VNDS port displays route choices that it shouldn't until I have beaten the game the required number of times, and I've heard certain routes are difficult to access as well? Haven't played it enough to be certain).

Thanks again!