Kimanor

Choose. えらべ.  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer anime or manga?

• I prefer anime to manga.
    • I prefer manga to anime.
    • I enjoy both, but I enjoy manga more.
    • I enjoy both, but I enjoy anime more.
    • I enjoy them both so long as there is a loli.

This poll is closed to new votes

I would imagine for most anime and manga fans, consumption of the former outweighs the latter. My balance of total spent watching anime versus reading manga/light novels is comparable.

In high school, I spent more time watching anime than manga because I had the free time to sit down and enjoy the time required for anime.

In college, when I was more restricted with my time, I preferred manga to anime because I had to spend less time with consumption of the material. I could stomp through a manga like Suzuka in half an afternoon.

Now, it's a balance of both. I watch a few episodes of anime a week, follow a few manga releases each week and then wait for more volumes of light novels.

Overall, I actually enjoy manga more. It's easier to follow on the go, it doesn't have the same time requirements for me and for many the imagination requirement of the reader just adds a lot to me.

I enjoy both because both have something that the other may not have.

There are several mangas that I really - DEEPLY DYING - to have animated.

The first and foremost is Koe no Katachi. If April is a Lie (premiers 2014 October) is going to be a hell of an amazing drama, then Koe no Katachi will make real men know the screw ups they did. Especially those of men and women who intentionally acted tough and displaced others. Give Koe no Katachi a shot. At least the first chapter will suck you in dry.

Kimi no Iru Machi. I want a remake and not a shitty ass half-baked series. The last two OVAs were good and I kinda liked them but they were untrue to the original source nonetheless. What I did like about the second OVA is how they showed a whole new perspective from Eba's side which was never viewed in the manga. Though some people don't like the Tokyo Arc, I loved it very much. That's the real generator to ultimately define the gap in time and how a person's feelings changes regardless of how they want to do things - and it will resurface when the time comes. Yuzuki Eba is one of my favorite characters. I like her a lot. So I'd like to have an anime that is true to the source and of course skipping parts is acceptable, but altering shit around is sometimes not acceptable when the story is so bad and the time gap is inferior ... Anyways, the manga is great. Give it a shot.

Good Ending. Really good story. Nice characters, freaking amazing - amazing art just like Kimi no Iru Machi but on a different level (gotta love those amazing eyes and anatomy). The ending wasn't so good though :/ I forgot the names of the characters, but the way things progressed was really cool. Teenage drama-shit is pretty hilarious from an adult's perspective sometimes.

Hmm, I think that is it. Art is important in anime, manga and visual novels. Light novels always have great art so that's out of question.

I look forward to more amazing stuff in the future. I'll take any recommendations in a form of PM to me.

I greatly prefer manga to anime. I feel that you dont get the whole story if it gets moved to anime and a manga's story just seems so much deeper and detailed. If a manga has an anime i tend to both read and watch it (if i enjoy it enough) just so i can get the story from every angle.

That being said i havent read a manga in years. I just dont have much time for that. I used to be an avid reader and even a casual binger where i'd spend the whole day reading nothing but manga. Times change though.

I find it is much less time consuming to download and watch an anime than it is to find and read manga. Also i'm not 100% sure you can download manga, and that is how i get almost all of my media entertainment.

^ Agree 100% with what Ang said. Manga does a hell of a better job since there is no restriction (anime has an episode of which 20+ minutes is imbedded, basically it is restricted to that allowed time). Manga doesn't excel always but in a lot of cases it overcomes Anime.

I greatly prefer manga to anime. I feel that you dont get the whole story if it gets moved to anime and a manga's story just seems so much deeper and detailed. If a manga has an anime i tend to both read and watch it (if i enjoy it enough) just so i can get the story from every angle.

That being said i havent read a manga in years. I just dont have much time for that. I used to be an avid reader and even a casual binger where i'd spend the whole day reading nothing but manga. Times change though.

I find it is much less time consuming to download and watch an anime than it is to find and read manga. Also i'm not 100% sure you can download manga, and that is how i get almost all of my media entertainment.

Manga is much better because it is the original intended format for many titles. Adapting manga to anime is tricky... and sometimes fails (Deadman Wonderland & Fruits Basket) If you are used to reading manga, the story can come alive more than the anime would

You can hunt for a download or more easily read it online.

I torrented my copy of Fruits Basket.. But I dont often find time to read manga either. When I was younger I read Shounen Jump constantly. I still have the three full years I collected. It was nice to have multiple stories at once and be there for the release of manga that I would see become anime when I became older. Oh the nostalgia~

If the anime is adapted exactly like the manga, I prefer the anime for the music, VA, and making me have to use my imagination less (I enjoy action/chaotic scenes in anime way more than manga). However if it isn't adapted faithfully, I usually prefer the manga. Elfen Lied comes to mind. I love it to death, one of my top series, but because of the differences between the anime and manga (and the manga's considerably longer length), I tend to watch the anime to a point (episode 8ish), then switch to the manga.

Manga is much better because it is the original intended format for many titles. Adapting manga to anime is tricky... and sometimes fails (Deadman Wonderland & Fruits Basket) If you are used to reading manga, the story can come alive more than the anime would

You can hunt for a download or more easily read it online.

I torrented my copy of Fruits Basket.. But I dont often find time to read manga either. When I was younger I read Shounen Jump constantly. I still have the three full years I collected. It was nice to have multiple stories at once and be there for the release of manga that I would see become anime when I became older. Oh the nostalgia~

If anyone here remembers the days of gotlurk and evil-empire, the task of downloading manga was so mundane.

I grew up in a time where manga on the internet was just more accessible. Most people, if they were on internet were on dial-up. There was no online readers for manga and there was not yet internet streaming of anime. The download size of manga versus anime was much much more manageable and it was so damn easy with those two irc channels.

Eternal question. Scients have been working on it but correct answer yet to be discovered.

As long as it's interesting and well executed, why not take both?

I'm the type of person to like having my emotions go all over the place. I'm also looking for an anime to make me cry since I haven't found one yet. :P Manga just doesn't really make me feel any emotion.

I'm the type of person to like having my emotions go all over the place. I'm also looking for an anime to make me cry since I haven't found one yet. :P Manga just doesn't really make me feel any emotion.

I read every kind of manga starting from music to gay ass teen emo angsty shit and I can assure you that no anime has made me cry or change my outlook on things than manga.

Then again, moving animation and VA makes it better.

Anime and manga are like two sides of one coin for me

I read every kind of manga starting from music to gay ass teen emo angsty shit and I can assure you that no anime has made me cry or change my outlook on things than manga.

Then again, moving animation and VA makes it better.

Anime and manga are like two sides of one coin for me

It's just that for me reading manga incites no emotion for me. I've read VN's, watched films, read a lot of books but it's just the genre of manga that is unable to do so. Sure, sometimes you get a good laugh and/or feel some epicness but yeah... just no emotional impact in manga for me.

I think, I prefer the anime,but I also like to read manga. 
I don't really like the manga as much as anime.
and  can enjoy it with soulful.
can also make us more enjoy, not like manga. 
if in the anime, there is sound, animation, etc

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sakanaとkoeda

I shall give you my opinion, just don't expect it in the future ok?

Is this tsundere or slight indignation? Because it works.

I haven't read much manga, but based on what I have, quality/time manga > anime. Both have vices and virtues; I just favor manga a bit more nowadays.