Fuwanovel Logo Contest (Voting Phase)

Nosebleed

Fuwanovel Logo Contest  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which logo should replace the forums current logo?

• Number 1
    • Number 2
    • Number 3
    • Number 4
    • Number 5
    • Number 6
    • Number 7
    • Number 8
    • Number 9

This poll is closed to new votes

Sorry for the delay in making this topic, it seems that the first edition can't go 100% smoothly in the end :P

This topic will be used to chose the winner and runner ups for the first edition of the Fuwanovel Logo Contest.

Voting rules:

• This poll will be public meaning anyone can view which option you voted for, this is for security measures.
  • You can not vote for your own logo. 
  • If you chose to vote for your own logo, for whatever reason, your vote will be counted as null.
  • The voting ends 48 hours after this thread is up (3:00 Pm July 25th UTC)
  • As stated by the rules in the first thread, there will be three winners: The "official" winner will be the logo with the most votes, the second winner will be the runner-up in the poll, and the third winner will be chosen by a secret logo council run by Tay
  • All logos -- even if they win the popular vote -- have to be approved by Tay before they'll be displayed on the forums
  • If a staff member tampers with the votes, they will be fed to the hungry lolis that keep the forum running.

That is all.

Below are all the logos submitted, labeled by a number, pick the number of the logo you think should be up in order to vote for it.

(The number corresponds to the logo below it)

yjJYFdu.png

Logo_zpse909c8e3.png

Fz0N92k.png

958b0e26d2.png

EWPkUBn.png

pa5rPno.png

dQfcFOU.png

63f972b2a9.jpg

CLDNmyh.png

If you want to see how each logo will look like on the page you can check it out here

(Big thanks to TheMajor for putting that together)

Good luck to everyone!

Hm.... how will the backgrounds of the logos be used? Will they always be black, like the one we have of Mere right now, or will we change it for a white background for some of them?

The background of the forum theme is black. If you use the IPB default theme it is dark blue. Hence all the logos need to be made for dark background since those are the only 2 skins currently used on fuwa. (the IPB actually doesn't use the mare logo, I only changed it for the gravity green theme).

6 isn't transparent, won't that be a problem ?

And much bias.

Edit : I think a poll with multiple choices would be better as - for example - I have a hard time chosing while lolicons only have 1 banner to vote for. Unfair :(, lolicons too stronk

Edited by Guest

Ren has the transparent version but since his logo uses a white font we're using the black background in order to display the logo properly so you can see it in its entirety.

Edit : I think a poll with multiple choices would be better 

Would that even be a poll? :P

The background of the forum theme is black. If you use the IPB default theme it is dark blue. Hence all the logos need to be made for dark background since those are the only 2 skins currently used on fuwa. (the IPB actually doesn't use the mare logo, I only changed it for the gravity green theme).

Alright, thanks Steve. I could not figure out how #1 would work since the "novel" part of Fuwanovel is barely visible on the white background.

By the way, is there anyway we can get to see how #5 would look on a black background? I just wanna know since it might look quite different when you remove the white background.

Having multiple chopices is exactly what would make this poll flawed.

Imagine when you're electing a president and you like more than 1, but you still can only pick one at the end because you can't have 2 presidents leading the country.

This is exactly the same principle. 

I know it's a tough choice, but that just means there's many great entries :)

Yes there will be a runner up, and if there was a way to set the amount of choices you can make I would allow you to vote for 2 logos (winner and runner up) but sadly there's only "single vote" and "multiple votes" in the options, and I can't pick the latter if I want to make this poll any justice.

Having multiple chopices is exactly what would make this poll flawed.

Imagine when you're electing a president and you like more than 1, but you still can only pick one at the end because you can't have 2 presidents leading the country.

This is exactly the same principle. 

Yes there will be a runner up, and if there was a way to set the amount of choices you can make I would allow you to vote for 2 logos (winner and runner up) but sadly there's only "single vote" and "multiple votes" in the options, and I can't pick the latter if I want to make this poll any justice.

As far as I know, we aren't electing a president ;p.

there are two I really like : 3 and 7.

And 4 not getting any voices doesn't reflect the quality and the attention I think it deserves for example.

Right now the poll is pretty much lolicon vs world. And the lolicons don't have as many choices.

And we all know lolicons represent 60% of the population (thx twitch for the stats).