Recent Topics

Just a small suggestion. Currently, the 'Recent Topics' thingy at the sidebar only shows the 5 newest topics created. Tracking new topics becomes troublesome if you go inactive for a few days. Well, it's possible to visit each sub-forum one by one and sorting the topics by 'Start Date', but it'll be great if we could just view them all at once.

That's already a thing. Scroll up and click the "view new content" to the right corner of the "sign out" button.

Click "View New Content" in the upper-right corner. :P

I did try that, but doesn't that just show the threads that had been last updated?

That's already a thing. Scroll up and click the "view new content" to the right corner of the "sign out" button.

Is there a specific way to work this ? It only shows me the "members title's" topic

I did try that, but doesn't that just show the threads that had been last updated?

see the left hand side of the page ? under the "by time period" click the " Content I have not read yet"

see the left hand side of the page ? under the "by time period" click the " Content I have not read yet"

That still doesn't show me the latest topics. For example, the Love Live thread appeared there just because I didn't read it, but it isn't new.

That still doesn't show me the latest topics. For example, the Love Live thread appeared there just because I didn't read it, but it isn't new.

Well, it shows all new activity, not all new topics. You can just ignore the ones you viewed already and scroll down to find the ones you haven't. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Would it be a bother to have a "new topics" option Kaguya ?

Well, I can't really change the site layout or anything. For this type of thing, you should ask Tay to see if it's possible or not.

The maximum I can do is mess around with topics or sneakily add calendar events/site notifications :P

Well, it shows all new activity, not all new topics. You can just ignore the ones you viewed already and scroll down to find the ones you haven't. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Guess I'll do that. I just thought that it's easy to make the changes, but now that I think about it, it couldn't possibly be that simple >.<

These sorts of changes require changes (manual or plugins) to the forums software, and from what I can tell, there isn't a good or secure plugin to give us this functionality (and it's not something I can afford to spend our coders' manpower on at the moment). IP Board is getting a big upgrade soon, and maybe we'll see some of these features come through.

I suggest using the New Content function, and advanced search options (cog wheel in top right corner) to see new content and topics from a certain time period.

I'd definitely recommend waiting for the next version - since we're running a legitimate version we're eligible for the upgrade anyways, and installing anything right now would probably just mean a plugin/hook breaking, since most of them are pretty hacky (and dangerous to the forum's stability for that matter).

Same thing applies for the advanced tagging functionality that came up the other week, the plugin I tried managed to break the entire layout of Hollow Beats.

I'd definitely recommend waiting for the next version - since we're running a legitimate version we're eligible for the upgrade anyways, and installing anything right now would probably just mean a plugin/hook breaking, since most of them are pretty hacky (and dangerous to the forum's stability for that matter).

Same thing applies for the advanced tagging functionality that came up the other week, the plugin I tried managed to break the entire layout of Hollow Beats.

Exactly.