Recent (Japanese) Things You Have Purchased

Tatsujin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My Dies irae Kickstarter stuff just got here.  Sorry about the glare :notlikemiya:

Physical copy

Spoiler

The game box

UD7isfo.jpg

rTHfsJp.jpg

The case

vf2WnWq.jpg

Yh6fdHE.jpg

LzG5gAo.jpg

hOgjlCC.jpg

OST

Spoiler

eu0ORaA.jpg

BcBFV8X.jpg

gjNYjMo.jpg

wJETZwB.jpg

Straps

Spoiler

rl6EgC7.jpg

LDO pins

Spoiler

kA5CAxS.jpg

Mini artbook

Spoiler

Front

8E2JXcG.jpg

Back

htVFUAU.jpg

dvDeAKq.jpg

GzLTMSS.jpg

Cute pic on the credits page

T6il1DP.jpg

They listed the EN TL crew on the credits page, that's cool

PRCweDZ.jpg

Visual fan book

Spoiler

8ksRnvF.jpg

Not gonna post pics of the actual artwork inside, since it's pretty spoilery, and I haven't read Dies yet.

T-shirt

Spoiler

Front

6gBqBk5.jpg

Back

aDzPuQN.jpg

I massively (heh) fucked up on getting the right size of t-shirt, so this is gonna be one of my new pajama shirts.  Not like I was going to wear this in public anyway, though :makina:

Tapestry

Spoiler

GawRwsb.jpg

Close-up of Marie

gnpItIM.jpg

8 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

My Dies irae Kickstarter stuff just got here.  Sorry about the glare :notlikemiya:

Physical copy

Reveal hidden contents

The game box

UD7isfo.jpg

rTHfsJp.jpg

The case

vf2WnWq.jpg

Yh6fdHE.jpg

LzG5gAo.jpg

hOgjlCC.jpg

OST

Reveal hidden contents

eu0ORaA.jpg

BcBFV8X.jpg

gjNYjMo.jpg

wJETZwB.jpg

Straps

Reveal hidden contents

rl6EgC7.jpg

LDO pins

Reveal hidden contents

kA5CAxS.jpg

Mini artbook

Reveal hidden contents

Front

8E2JXcG.jpg

Back

htVFUAU.jpg

dvDeAKq.jpg

GzLTMSS.jpg

Cute pic on the credits page

T6il1DP.jpg

They listed the EN TL crew on the credits page, that's cool

PRCweDZ.jpg

Visual fan book

Reveal hidden contents

8ksRnvF.jpg

Not gonna post pics of the actual artwork inside, since it's pretty spoilery, and I haven't read Dies yet.

T-shirt

Reveal hidden contents

Front

6gBqBk5.jpg

Back

aDzPuQN.jpg

I massively (heh) fucked up on getting the right size of t-shirt, so this is gonna be one of my new pajama shirts.  Not like I was going to wear this in public anyway, though :makina:

Tapestry

Reveal hidden contents

GawRwsb.jpg

Close-up of Marie

gnpItIM.jpg

Wow, you actually got your stuff? I've been following the fiasco online and it looks like a total shitstorm :/ 

Recently I really got into j-pop, so during last 3-4 months I've been buying lots of Japanese discs.

FictionJunction/Yuki Kajiura live DVDs, AKB48, Ai Kawashima, Anri Kumaki, Minako Kawae, Saeko Chiba, Aya Hisakawa, Yoko Ishida, JYONGRI... - love'em  :wub:  What I love most about these is how they freely mix old and new sounds, and still retain classic song structure and themes, that got almost wiped from mainstream US/EU pop.

And what got me pointed towards it were VNs (and SHOGO:MAD that I played 20 years ago, and it had amazing opening :D) .

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's here! :D:D:D

29gzMmy.jpg

I'm SO GLAD to finally have this. I'd been wanting to buy the physical copy for some months now, but it was kind of hard to justify seeing as I've already read the VN (on Steam), and the asking price was kind of high wherever I could find a copy. However, I started to reconsider, but by then the copies had already begun to run out everywhere I could find them, and I just barely managed to miss the chance to get one when they were being advertised a few weeks ago. I managed to find a copy, though, and jumped on it as quickly as I could, and now it's finally here! :D

I'd been planning on rereading the common route (as well as the Rise route) before jumping in to W Happiness as an end-of-year treat so this just makes me want to do so even more. The really nice part, too, is that it's not just the VN - there's the artbook and soundtrack as well (two aspects of the VN I really enjoyed): I get the strong feeling that even if Mangagamer do reissue hard copies of PE (like for Kara no Shoujo and ef: A Fairy Tale of the Two), they won't include the artbook and soundtrack. Princess Evangile is my third favorite VN, and one I have a lot of happy memories reading, and I'm really really glad to have it physically. It makes for a great start to my burgeoning VN collection. The next step is to acquire what will most likely be the pride of my collection

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Acquired some more Japanese books!

5hZzqxH.jpg

Titles, some explanations & better pictures:

Spoiler

From the top-left:

• 「お前ごときが魔王に勝てると思うな」と勇者パーティを追放されたので、王都で気ままに暮らしたい 1 (omaegotoki)
    Ignoring the tacky title, I've only heard singing praises how good fantasy series this is. Also yuri. 

• Fate/Labyrinth
    Written by Sakurai Hikaru. <3

• 図書館ドラゴンは火を吹かない
    Dragon guarding a library reminiscences about her past travels with a young magician. Seems very wholesome and apparently has very elegant writing.

• めぐり逢ふまで 蔵前片想い小町日記
    A period piece/rom-com set in Edo-period. Pure curiosity pick.

• 屍鬼 (Shiki) 1-5.
    The legendary horror novel by Fuyumi Ono. It's so hefty it had to be split in to 5 books and is over 2500 pages in total. The anime adaptation is pretty good.

• 裏世界ピクニック (Otherside Picnic) 1-2
    Yuri SF inspired by Strugatskys' Roadside Picnic. I almost feel like this series is personally made for me...

• 世界の果てのランダム・ウォーカー & 世界を愛するランダム・ウォーカー (Random Walker) 
    Mystery/Fantasy/SF/Horror travelogues about a pair of investigators exploring the vast and unknown world and the people they meet. Definitely one my aesthetics.   

• ミウ -skeleton in the closet-
    Interesting looking mystery that caught my eye a while ago. 

hkAxPk3.jpg

Gj6a5qj.jpg

1OFkgBo.jpg

7Z2Gzr5.jpg

• 2 months later...

Since November I've gone on something of a spree buying up a bunch of Japanese items, and so this will be a long post as I'll be putting in everything I've purchased from then to now. Firstly, the VNs. 

haxEvC8.jpg

In any event, it took a bit of a while to figure out if I did want to buy these but in the end I opted to and it was very fun opening the boxes as they came in one by one :D. I've wanted to read Umineko for a while now (since the beginning of last year I think), and I really liked the art of eden* so wanted to give ef a try as well. I'd love the limited edition copy of that but those don't seem to be available anymore without paying a bunch of money, sadly. Kara no Shoujo 1 and 2 were a bit of a gamble as I don't know very much about them, but I figured that it'd be worth giving them a try with the copies being as cheap as they were, and I wanted to be able to get the KnS 2 LE before it runs out. As for School Days, I do want to read it but like Kara no Shoujo 1 & 2 I'm not quite sure what to expect as I've tried to stay away from reading too much about it. I've also been reading a lot of more light-hearted romance stuff this past year in general, so I do want to try and branch out past that a bit. I was also extremely fortunate to be able to find a copy of Da Capo 2 for a reasonable price, which wasn't something I was expecting to find at all.

I'd also made a couple of posts on here where I was considering buying these, and I did wind up springing for them. Looking back I think it was the right move. 

G3KW2Ij.jpg

For Little Busters, considering how much I loved the VN, I did want to have a physical copy to commemorate that. I do wish I'd been able to find an EX copy, but considering that this copy is still sealed, I figured that's a worthwhile tradeoff. I'm most likely going to keep it sealed as well, which isn't something I'd do normally but I figure it has extra sentimental value that way. Plus I can't quite figure out how to get the bubble wrap off it while being able to close the bubble wrap again, so... :x.   

48e6Xxt.jpg

As for Rewrite, I've noticed that it appears frequently on VN collections, and looking at how much I enjoyed Little Busters I really want to read it. It's pretty heavy though - heavier than I'd expected. I'm planning on reading this relatively soon: hopefully within this year but we'll see how that goes. 

Now for anime. 

ZbhfjeL.jpg

I was extremely happy to get these: Amagami is most likely my favorite anime and story (more on this later) and I also really enjoyed Zero no Tsukaima. Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions is the anime that helped me start enjoying the medium (I'd never been able to get into it so much before), so I wanted to pick it up too. I've not yet watched "Rikka Version" yet though, so am very curious to see how that will play out. I also enjoyed watching MM! and Love, Election and Chocolate. For Photo Kano, I didn't enjoy it as much as Amagami but I did think it had its charms, and while I'd still really like to read the VN the anime will suffice for now. If you'd told me even 2 years ago that I'd have a small anime collection I'd think you were crazy - funny how times change. 

TD7nTrE.jpg

Hatsukoi Limited is the other anime pickup. I've never watched it before, but it seems to be similar to several anime I've enjoyed, according to MAL. That said, I never realized until now that DVDs and Blurays had different size cases. 

xRtWZKw.jpg

This was the other thing I got in Nov. I'm a fan of the story, and I can't help but laugh every time Suzutsuki Kanade shows up - she is hilarious and crazy :D. It's a real pity the original LN hasn't been translated though, but having the manga certainly helps. 

Those are the ones that were done between Nov and December. This week, though, I got another set of items :D. I will start with the bonus items before moving on to the "main event"

B5RuYUC.jpg

Bonus item 1: HajiOtsu. I really like this manga and blame it for making me like super sweet romantic manga (as well as anime and VNs). 

veTYkjr.jpg

Bonus item 2: Hadi Girl. Much like HajiOtsu, I really like this and the concept is hilarious :D. I wish it wasn't so hard to find stories like this, but alas :(. 

And finally, main event time :D. 

I'd mentioned before that Amagami is one of my favorite stories. In any event, I'd promised myself that I would collect some Amagami related items eventually, and that eventually wound up being a couple of weeks ago. 

M5Ehi6h.jpg

First: Precious Diary. I really like this manga (the Ayatsuji arc is my favorite) and if I'm honest I think I would've traded almost all of the other adaptations (Various Artists being the exception) to get fully fleshed out arcs like this. I also like the contrast between the arcs in this adaptation and in the anime - you get to see different sides of the characters while maintaining the anime's strength - giving them enough time to be established before rushing in to things. I've often wondered what might've happened if they had indeed been able to publish more of this series, but alas. 

6lu0lDY.jpg

Next: Various Artists. I like this adaptation a lot, as it manages to show different sides of the characters as well, but I think they pulled off the different-artist-per-entry idea pretty well and that helps keep the stories fresh and interesting. 

Wq0DmTr.jpg

Next: Love Goes On. I like Love Goes On quite a lot (especially the Rihoko arc) and didn't think it'd be right to not get it considering it has the bulk (by count) of character adaptations. As far as Dreamy Forever and Haruka LS Another, I haven't read either but considering they were really cheap I figured that they'd be good to get too. Hoping they'll be good as well. 

1Z4oDQ4.jpg

Another Amagami manga that was cheap is this one. Strangely enough I'd never even heard of it until I started buying the items (I'd thought I'd known of all of the adaptations) so that was a nice surprise. It was also really cheap too...

83UBJk5.jpg

Next: the Amagami SS Fanbook. I've never really gotten artbooks before, but this is much better than a lot of the ones I have which will usually be about 40 pages of art and very little else. It's heavy, but packed full of illustrations and high quality pics and I like that they separated it into 7 booklets - one per arc and another for everything else. It was a bit of an impulse decision buying this but not one I regret. 

And now, we get to the good stuff - not that any of the preceding wasn't good, but still  :D. 

Next: Amagami Chotto Omake & Gianism Special. I've found it really difficult to find any sort of information on this in English, and the little I have been able to find has made it seem somewhat rare. Admittedly, finding a copy of all the discs for a good price is what convinced me to buy the items now, and now that I have I don't regret it :D. 

Agr5TVJ.jpg

Last, but not least: the Amagami PSP Limited Edition. This is probably the one item I wanted most - as soon as I laid eyes on it I wanted a copy, so to have one now is something I am extremely happy about :D. As with the artbook I think they did a really good job with making this a limited edition: the puzzle frame is really nice, and while I would've picked a different picture for the puzzle (Having Miya on it doesn't seem to fit) I do want to assemble it and perhaps hang it where the rest of the items will be. I also like that they included the manga too, and the art cards are also really nice as well. The best part is that I'd been afraid that the box might be damaged during shipping (it seems to be quite fragile) but it came in really really good condition. That said, I noticed after having purchased this that PS2 copies were more available where I hadn't seen any before, so I do kind of wonder if maybe I should've gone with one of those instead. 

It'd been said online that the LE is really big, but I didn't quite expect it to be as big as it is. This is a pic of it with the Bluray for comparison:

qecjpax.jpg

Those are the purchases for now but I'm sure there'll be more in future. I'm waiting to see what happens with the Sanoba Witch physicals, and I'm also planning on getting the ones for Aokana, Irotoridori no Sekai, and Melty Moment if that gets one. As far as Amagami-related purchases there are also a few other items I'd like to get, like the soundtracks, and perhaps a couple of the manga adaptations I couldn't get this time around. 

Edited by snowbell55

• 2 months later...

I'm still buying lots of music, but recently I also got some physical editions of VNs.

Konosora Cruise Sign:
cruise-sign-box.jpg

And old dating-sim True Love Story
tls.jpg

Why I got interested in it? It has very nice opening, old-school art style, and one of the heroines is voiced by Aya Hisakawa :D

Edited by adamstan

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 8:25 PM, MirāNoHebi said:

Well, this was months ago when I actually bought this car, but shipping from Japan takes time. Won it from auction for just 21,000 yen

https://ibb.co/cfNpa0
https://ibb.co/ngScTL
https://ibb.co/ecsY2f
https://ibb.co/kSbt2f

Mitsubishi Town Box Rx, 2005.

Exchanged the Town Box for a 2004 Toyota Crown Mild Hybrid Super Deluxe some time ago cause the right side had spray painted spots that started showing rust.A taxi model of the ordinary Toyota Crown that uses a older style body.

https://ibb.co/jR4fqGB
https://ibb.co/YLbLrFG
https://ibb.co/zXKV4JP

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yaaay! Finally I managed to get ToHeart PSE First Press Limited Edition :D

Actually it's my second attempt at buying it. I ordered it for the first time waay back in February, but sadly the package was lost and never arrived. Recently I found pretty good offer on ebay, so I decided to give it one more try, and this time it arrived safely :)

It was advertised as used, but actually looks brand new, and has all extras included. The DVD case is enclosed in additional hard sleeve:
To-Heart-PSE-cover.jpg

Inside there is game disc, manual and extras - some weird cardboard-cutout advertisement thingy, set of cute stickers with chibi-versions of characters, and magnetic payphone card (!) with Multi's picture :D

To-Heart-PSE-contents.jpg