Recent (Japanese) Things You Have Purchased

Tatsujin

4 hours ago, kingdomcome said:

I ordered one too, but it was a kickstarter project.

Who will you play with?

Myself :komari: I'm still learning the poems and what not... it's hard lol. 

Did you get the Hiragana Asobi Karuta set? I saw that one too late and I wasn't able to purchase it ://

2 minutes ago, LiquidShu said:

Myself :komari: I'm still learning the poems and what not... it's hard lol. 

Did you get the Hiragana Asobi Karuta set? I saw that one too late and I wasn't able to purchase it ://

Haha! I'll be playing with myself too!

Yes, that's the one. Are these different in some way? To be honest I don't really know much about Karuta, but since I'm learning Japanese I thought it might help.

4 minutes ago, kingdomcome said:

Haha! I'll be playing with myself too!

Yes, that's the one. Are these different in some way? To be honest I don't really know much about Karuta, but since I'm learning Japanese I thought it might help.

Yeah they are different, IIRC. The Hiragana Asobi Karuta set is to help you learn Japanese and karuta but doesn't use the Hyakunin Isshu. While the set I bought doesn't bother to teach you things, you have to do that on your own. It uses the Hyakunin Isshu and is used in tournaments. The reason I bought mine was because Chihayafuru :sachi: I also enjoy it since I get to learn more Japanese history which I'm doing right now anyways. Though my Japanese isn't good enough yet to really understand a whole lot (at least I get some) :vinty: Honestly I would've liked to pick up both and use the Hiragana Asobi Karuta for now but oh well. 

9 hours ago, LiquidShu said:

Yo in regards to T-shirts off of amiami the sizes are Japanese I'm assuming? Not international/US? 

From personal experience buying cloth from Japan is that you know your exact sizes in centimeters and then you look around after something similar. It is different depending on what manufacturer and company you are buying from too. A Totoro shirt could be different depending on who produced it. But overall it was decent sizing compared to Europe (Sweden). if you are medium a large was good in my case and I haven't had any problems ordering a medium even though it was a bit tight.  

So my suggestion would be order one size larger than what you wear today. But I can't answer what the US standard is sadly.

6 hours ago, SilverLi said:

From personal experience buying cloth from Japan is that you know your exact sizes in centimeters and then you look around after something similar. It is different depending on what manufacturer and company you are buying from too. A Totoro shirt could be different depending on who produced it. But overall it was decent sizing compared to Europe (Sweden). if you are medium a large was good in my case and I haven't had any problems ordering a medium even though it was a bit tight.  

So my suggestion would be order one size larger than what you wear today. But I can't answer what the US standard is sadly.

Thanks I was thinking of just going one size larger as well, looks like I will try that first!

Picked up Buck-Tick's 13kai wa Gekkou on CD last week which was pretty exciting for me, it being one of my favourite albums ever. I've also just bought Memento Mori by the same group, which I'm hoping should be here in a few days cos I'm buying it off a friend of mine (also a Brit).

Bought Rizuberuru no Ma, the whole series of 4 volumes. Expecting it to be grand and dashing like Muramasa, but in comparison it's a lot more bubbly and warm.
Man if only there were these kinds of things (VN's) sold on shelves in North America. If I didn't know I'd probably think it was some stylized shoujo mecha anime series. Which isn't the far from the truth, though the story is more storybook/fantasy than shoujo.

Spoiler

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoBtZ-1UMAAa4vT.jpg

Some amazing figures have once again been acquired! (Spoilers have converged into each other again! I don't know why.)

Otosaka Ayumi from Charlotte!

rIdccTA.jpg

A Kud Nendoroid, because you can never have too much Kud!

:wafuu:

psYYrdf.jpg

After having been delayed for months, it is FINALLY here. Shiro and others from No Game No Life!

t1k7RQe.jpg

I usually don't do this, but when it concerns Shiro there seems to be a very important factor that needs to be checked. So here it is.

Yes, they are the correct panties.

ryHCigo.jpg

3 hours ago, Noumi Kudryavka said:

Some amazing figures have once again been acquired! (Spoilers have converged into each other again! I don't know why.)

Hide contents

Otosaka Ayumi from Charlotte!

rIdccTA.jpg

Hide contents

A Kud Nendoroid, because you can never have too much Kud!

:wafuu:

psYYrdf.jpg

Hide contents

After having been delayed for months, it is FINALLY here. Shiro and others from No Game No Life!

t1k7RQe.jpg

I usually don't do this, but when it concerns Shiro there seems to be a very important factor that needs to be checked. So here it is.

Hide contents

Yes, they are the correct panties.

ryHCigo.jpg

Kud nendoroid best Kud, and best nendoroid \ :wafuu: /

It's the holidays and I've recently bought a ton of stuff, so I'll just spam this thread with the iDOLM@STER ones, which are pretty much the only ones that m@tter. :sachi:

A 765 Pro bag I wear to campus with FLIPPABLE COVERS!

Spoiler

DSC_1242_zpsa0lu8zsp.jpg

DSC_1241_zpseoucvcub.jpg

New Gene & Dekoration rubber bracelets and a 765 Pro travel wallet!

Spoiler

DSC_1248_zpsgbe4kkfj.jpg

An Anastasia sports towel! So I can rub Anya all over me <3

Spoiler

DSC_1240_zpsfwim7ybv.jpg

im@s T-SHIRTS! (one's being washed)

Spoiler

DSC_1249_zpsnh3znuea.jpg

im@s irastos, clear files and the holy bible (a.k.a. all idol catalog)

Spoiler

DSC_1245_zpsqiehiuax.jpg

EVERYTHING ELSE IM@S

Spoiler

DSC_1239_zpsnozgq8qw.jpg