Recent (Japanese) Things You Have Purchased

Tatsujin

I thought 8 days was the max, but I guess I underestimated my country.
This book took 10 days to get here, but finally, I can read Kizumonogatari and not give a shit about the movie memes!
I only wish the book was a bit taller, since this is a bit shorter than the average.

WUbK5T9.jpg

16 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

The question is, do I bring it to school and work with me

You must!, then put a pix of it on your work desk or something and we'll all like it :wahaha:

I got boxes of mochi for Tokyo as omiyage, they were so very soft and delicious:kosame:, didnt like the ones with anpan tho. 

Also got oppai milk chocolates (actual name) shaped as actual oppai,l with pink nipples lol.

1 minute ago, Nosebleed said:

This may or may not have been a huge mistake, but now the money is gone : ^)

Kinda upset the cover of vol 1 is a bit damaged, but hey what can you do.

rqPl5jZ.jpg

send a picture of it and ask for a replacement. 

Chihayafuru completely broke me down. Whenever I think "I want, I need, to play something", I think of karuta. I don't care if no one else will play with me, I need to at least give it a shot. With that said I ordered myself a karuta set. 

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ogura-Hyakunin-Isshu-Karuta-Japanese-Card-Game-with-CD-Chihayafuru-FreeShipping-/172251428141?hash=item281afc352d:g:TI4AAOSwJkJWjeAe

I'm excited :sacchan:

17 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

It's never too early to become a pro Karuta player. May you become the first Gaijin Meijin.

Today I ordered some more books, namely Orange vol 1 (vol 2 was sold out) and Oyasumi Punpun vol 1 (gonna wait and see if I can get a better price for vol 2).

Haha thanks Nosebleed :miyako:

Speaking of books I got this last Monday: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0804705232/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. While not from Japan, it's directly related to Japan so that counts(?).

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got this in the mail. Not only that, but they restocked volume 2 today, so I ordered that as well!

It's a really bulky omnibus, probably the thickest manga I have.

CmwdFr4WAAAd2LZ.jpg

Size comparison with other manga I have.
From left ro right: Koe no Katachi, Kizumonogatari, Girl Friends, Orange

MK8vnr2.jpg

Honestly I wish they'd release the individual volumes, it feels much nicer to hold a 200 page manga than a 400 page one. Even if it's more expensive, the experience is much better. Oh well, still bought it because it's a great manga.

56 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

It's beautiful :kosame:

EDIT: Was not aware this was a thing so ... guess I have to go buy this now :makina:

Note this is a collection of Morinaga Milk one-shots, not a whole story. It has 7 different stories across 14 chapters. It's still really cute though.

• 2 weeks later...