Recent (Japanese) Things You Have Purchased

Tatsujin

来た!

I was starting to get worried and was about to send an e-mail to book depository, but luckily my grandma knocked on my window and told me I got mail today and SURPRISE my book was in there!
Now I know 4-8 business days to Portugal means literally 8 business days :Teeku:

I didn't know light novels were this tall (never saw/ordered one IRL), I expected an A5 sized book. The illustrations are really nice.
I'm going to be reading it in between classes.

Definitely using book despository to order the rest of the collection as well now that I know everything works.

8GG5QOh.jpg

I have two new items coming in from the Glorious Nippon:

ZOvN9gx.jpg

1WCgBMu.jpg

I really wanted to get the Slim Saber tapestry but I couldn't find it anywhere... so in the end I settled with Rin :amane: 

Then for the Guilty Crown book I wanted to get more bang for my buck with shipping from Tenso, so I threw it on. Plus it's Guilty Crown and I need to buy everything related to it so :wafuu:

12 minutes ago, Kaykeiokay said:

I just bought a pack of taro popsicles.  They were delicious but weirdly chunky. Chunky in a good way though, unlike the red bean flavors where the texture is kind of like a fine sand. Maybe next time I'll try for the mung bean flavor.:illya:

Gotta live dangerously, you know.

No country east of Turkey knows how to make dessert, and Japan may actually be the very worst at it. Taro, red bean, mochi (especially green tea flavored mochi, WTF)... burn it all to the ground. :saber:

But hey, as they say, there's no accounting for matters of taste. Especially yours, apparently.

More positively, these just arrived:

Spoiler

image1_zpsaaq9rclf.jpg

image2_zpsfhkmml5h.jpg

I would apologize for potato-quality pictures, but first of all that seems to be in vogue in this thread, and second of all I don't actually care about the pictures anyway, so... enjoy!

5 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

No country east of Turkey knows how to make dessert, and Japan may actually be the very worst at it.

To each their own, of course.

I like the subtleness to Asian sweets; they tend to be able to get nice flavors across without having to beat you over the head with sugar. The decadence of more western sweets tends to leave me with only a stomach ache and the feeling of regret. :rimu:

Just ordered the complete edition of the Girl Friends manga. This is one of my favorite manga of all time (only reason it's not all time is because Binbougami Ga is too perfect :P) and the fact they're selling it in just 2 volumes is a bargain I can't pass off.

If I recall correctly @Down you also got this version of the manga didn't you? Could you tell me if it's worth it?

rS0JaFh.jpg XiXBXL5.jpg

9 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

you also got this version of the manga didn't you? Could you tell me if it's worth it?

Nah, I have the regular 5 volume edition that was published in France. The covers are the same but I can't tell you more.

2 hours ago, Down said:

Nah, I have the regular 5 volume edition that was published in France. The covers are the same but I can't tell you more.

Hm, fair enough. Well this online store doesn't have the 5 volume edition so I have no choice but to buy the omnibus format anyway.

Edit: after doing some research, it seems like Girl Friends was obly released in English in omnibus format, so one way or another I'd have to get that.

Got myself the 4 parts of Fate/Prototype to read while commuting. Books in Japanese have the nice added benefit of lasting more than a few days, and I really can't get enough of Sakurai.

I also got myself Shiei no Sona-Nyl Drama CD. I've always wanted to try and get one, but damn those things are (comparatively) expensive!  I think I'll just stick to books and games...   

Z0Wkloh.png

Holy shit my dakimakura actually came.

Pretty stoked given it was the first time I've used eBay so I wasn't sure if it'd get here.

The only complaint I have is that her panties are not striped like the picture showed, but considering it's a Chinese bootleg, I should be happy it's of decent quality.

853Ekzc.jpg

lX6GwAL.jpg

27 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Holy shit my dakimakura actually came.

Pretty stoked given it was the first time I've used eBay so I wasn't sure if it'd get here.

The only complaint I have is that her panties are not striped like the picture showed, but considering it's a Chinese bootleg, I should be happy it's of decent quality.

853Ekzc.jpg

lX6GwAL.jpg

Welp.... Nosebled just convinced me to make to biggest mistake of my life.... 
I order this daki: 

Japan-Anime-No-Game-No-Life-Shiro-Decora

On 26/4/2016 at 2:34 PM, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

First physical (non-H) manga I ever bought arrived today, and jesus christ this thing is big. Looking forward to reading it

Hide contents

nausicaa.jpg

Damn Nausicaa :o

I loved this movie sooooo much and I still do *_*

Also bought that less than one week ago directly in Japan é_è

97293403D34BC155EF9D2DE1A93ACCC02F935592

try to find the trap in all this stuff :holo: 

On 2016年4月26日 at 3:12 AM, Nosebleed said:

Just ordered the complete edition of the Girl Friends manga. This is one of my favorite manga of all time (only reason it's not all time is because Binbougami Ga is too perfect :P) and the fact they're selling it in just 2 volumes is a bargain I can't pass off.

If I recall correctly @Down you also got this version of the manga didn't you? Could you tell me if it's worth it?

rS0JaFh.jpg XiXBXL5.jpg

Well I am a little late, but I have this version, and they are fine. Don't know what your concerns about it would be, but it's not like they are hard to read or anything. They do have some bulk to them because there is a lot of chapters in each book, but they are nicely put together and it's not a problem at all. 

And let's face it, it's worth it either way, because yuri :makina: 

Good to know. I still prefer individual volumes but there's really no other option either way. I guess it's just because I'm not used to the omnibus format.

Also yes, of course it would be worth it either way, Morinaga Milk makes god tier yuri stories. I am proud to say Girl Friends is the main reason I even got into manga as a medium, and ordering these 2 volumes is sorta symbolic.

I'm hoping to buy Citrus in the future as well.

wohoooooooo the books are finally here!!! They are a bit small and the font size is also a bit small (some furigana are hard to read) but no problem since the books are really good and they explain things in a really detailed way with tons of examples!

Spoiler

The third book doesnt fit in the image xD (photo taken with a potato)
OXouNEF.jpg