Recent (Japanese) Things You Have Purchased

Tatsujin

I'm from Europe and I order from AmiAmi, it's actually not that hard to calculate how much you will pay for VAT and their service has always been great to me.

Aside from the base price, the shipping, if you use EMS (express mail) for regular stuff, usually stays around 2000 - 2500 yen per figure (2000 for nendoroids, usually around 2,200 or 2,300 for 1/8 figures).
I've never ordered more than one figure at once so I don't know how much multiple figures could weigh but my Umaru pillow cost me about 3,500 in shipping and I doubt you'll get enough figures to surpass her weight (1.5 Kg).

The VAT will be a percentage of the price of the figure + the shipping cost (check the VAT rates in your country).

Then check if you have customs handling fees, which some countries have, this is a flat fee that customs charges you every time and isn't usually that much (for me it's like 6€).

Add that all up and you got your final price, then you can compare that price with other local stores and see if it's worth buying from those instead.

If you're from the USA you don't pay for customs.

4 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Was threatened and blackmailed by UnoriginalRun and ended up buying this figure. For 3,000 yen it was cheaper than literally every single nendoroid I was thinking of getting.

KixvLxO.jpg

I don't even play Senran Kagura.

Also my Umaru nendoroid  got delayed until February, so that sucks. :(

Damnit! I'm all out of likes for today! Here take this Pyaa instead! :pyaa:

(...How did I spend 25 likes just lurking for like an hour? ...)

1 hour ago, Asonn said:

I want to use amiami but the VAT reks me as you never know how much bullshit you will need to pay, so I will just buy from shitty EU company's as I only pay some euro's more and sometimes it is even cheaper than buying it from Japan directly. so basically EU shops are much faster with delivery and are sometimes cheaper for me. If you're from Europe I would say checkout some shops in your country and just search the shop name in MyFigureCollection, it will tell you if they sell bootlegs or not and of course you can see the reviews. 

1 hour ago, Nosebleed said:

I'm from Europe and I order from AmiAmi, it's actually not that hard to calculate how much you will pay for VAT and their service has always been great to me.

Aside from the base price, the shipping, if you use EMS (express mail) for regular stuff, usually stays around 2000 - 2500 yen per figure (2000 for nendoroids, usually around 2,200 or 2,300 for 1/8 figures).
I've never ordered more than one figure at once so I don't know how much multiple figures could weigh but my Umaru pillow cost me about 3,500 in shipping and I doubt you'll get enough figures to surpass her weight (1.5 Kg).

The VAT will be a percentage of the price of the figure + the shipping cost (check the VAT rates in your country).

Then check if you have customs handling fees, which some countries have, this is a flat fee that customs charges you every time and isn't usually that much (for me it's like 6€).

Add that all up and you got your final price, then you can compare that price with other local stores and see if it's worth buying from those instead.

If you're from the USA you don't pay for customs.

Good thing I don't have to pay the VAT, even though I live in Europe. Gotta love the military benefits sometimes! ^^ Shipping to an APO address means it's ships to the USA (so no VAT & cheaper shipping from Japan) and then the military ships it over to Europe for free i.e. no extra costs. :sachi:

I'm not too sure if this counts exactly, but it is Japanese... I didn't really want to create a new thread just for this so I hope this is acceptable, as I didn't exactly import it from Japan like the other awesome stuff on here, ahaha! :sachi:

My Blu-ray Collectors Edition of Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' I pre-ordered ages ago was finally released and came earlier this morning! ^_^

Spoiler

rAQiULL.jpg

Growing up as a kid many years ago and rushing home from school pulling my mother along by my hand to make sure I didn't miss the 'next exciting episode of DRAGON BALL ZEEEE!' is one of my most fondest memories. DBZ has always been my favourite because of it, I know it has its annoying flaws and whatnot, and I openly admit I've watched plenty of other anime over the years that are much better, but to this very day it is still my all-time favourite anime because it's just very dear to my heart. It was the first anime I ever watched and I didn't even know it was an anime because I was a small child who didn't know any better.

I've been trying to build up my Dragon Ball collection over the years, I have the original Dragon Ball manga box-set that I purchased during my time at college years ago, it was only £39.99 or £49.99 at the time, and the DBZ manga box-set was £79.99, but I couldn't afford it at the time, and when I finally could, it was out of stock and discontinued, so people were selling their second-hand copies for much more. :(

I still hope I'll be able to purchase the DBZ manga box-set some day and read it. Now I've got the complete collection of Dragon Ball in DVD, both official Blu-ray films and I'm just missing one more season of DBZ:Kai Blu-ray.

I plan on getting all of DBZ on DVD and then I'll be content with my collection, but I'll never feel that it's complete until I get the last box-set of the manga. I also ignore anything GT-related as even watching that as a kid I despised it, and I didn't like any of the non-canon movies because the inconsistency bugged me too much to actually enjoy them. I'm very particular when it comes to canon. ^_^

Literally DBZ is one of only a handful of anime that I watched English dubbed, I tried switching to Japanese when I was at college but I just couldn't get past Goku's high-pitched child voice, and I know how it's a fan-favourite and the voice actress is very well-known and received, but unfortunately I grew up with Sean Schemmel as my Goku, and Goku's voice being realistic and actually breaking towards the end of Dragon Ball made much more sense and believable to me, and I'm very happy with Funimation's dub quality of it. However saying that, I watch all new anime in Japanese regardless of if it has an English dub as we all know that their voice acting quality is always far superior to English. ^_^

I'd like to pick up some awesome Dragon Ball figures from Japan some time in the future, but for now I'm focusing on getting all the official media I want.

@Forgetful Frank @Fred the Barber

Just got my copy of Rose Guns Days in the mail today (which coincidentally was the first day of my Japanese class).  (Really shitty) pics!

Spoiler

w6gmzvo.jpg

zikwvIO.jpg

I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about dv8CAG.  First of all, I was actually talking with a real person that wasn't giving me canned responses.  Considering that the site is run by a dude and his wife (the latter of whom handled my request), that's not exactly surprising, but I still appreciated it.  The woman handling my request, Ai, was very polite and friendly.  I didn't have to give her any personal info aside from my name and address (and an email to sign up with, obviously), and there weren't any forms to fill out.  The copy I bought cost ¥2700, and I paid ¥3892 for it through Paypal; I covered the Paypal seller fees because I wanted to do a business transaction in case things didn't work out, so the pre-Paypal fee total amount was ¥3700 (item purchasing fee was obviously ¥1000).  Shipping was ¥1150, as I chose air mail, and I once again covered the Paypal fees.  All in all, I thought it was pretty reasonable, price-wise.

TL;DR: If you don't want to use Tenso, dv8CAG is a great choice.  I'll be going to them again if I decide to buy another VN off of Amazon.

9 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

@Forgetful Frank @Fred the Barber

Just got my copy of Rose Guns Days in the mail today (which coincidentally was the first day of my Japanese class).  (Really shitty) pics!

Reveal hidden contents

w6gmzvo.jpg

zikwvIO.jpg

I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about dv8CAG.  First of all, I was actually talking with a real person that wasn't giving me canned responses.  Considering that the site is run by a dude and his wife (the latter of whom handled my request), that's not exactly surprising, but I still appreciated it.  The woman handling my request, Ai, was very polite and friendly.  I didn't have to give her any personal info aside from my name and address (and an email to sign up with, obviously), and there weren't any forms to fill out.  The copy I bought cost ¥2700, and I paid ¥3892 for it through Paypal; I covered the Paypal seller fees because I wanted to do a business transaction in case things didn't work out, so the pre-Paypal fee total amount was ¥3700 (item purchasing fee was obviously ¥1000).  Shipping was ¥1150, as I chose air mail, and I once again covered the Paypal fees.  All in all, I thought it was pretty reasonable, price-wise.

TL;DR: If you don't want to use Tenso, dv8CAG is a great choice.  I'll be going to them again if I decide to buy another VN off of Amazon.

Awesome! Thanks a bunch for getting back to us. ^_^

I like the sound of a small family-run service like that, I'll definitely give them a go for when I purchase something from Japan.

Just got my Hibari figure this morning and it looks great. Probably the best bargain I ever came across (was half price for just 3,000 yen making it even cheaper than a typical nendoroid). I was worried that the box would be really damaged since it was rated C but the only problem the box had was the transparent plastic at the front was falling off, everything else was intact (I guess it qualifies for visible damage but still one would think visible damage meant the box was torn in places).

I really like the transparent Hanzou academy logo for the base (and it's pink to boost!), but due to the figure's pose it doesn't stand on it too well (you can see her right foot barely goes in the pin). Nonethelesss, as long as you don't move it around like crazy it's not going to fall off.

Potato quality pic:

Spoiler

DovcLUh.jpg

Now to wait for Senran Kagura for PC.

Few PSP JRPGs I imported just came in post. 7th Dragon 2020, it's sequal 7th Dragon 2020-II and Saigo no Yakusoku no Monogatari. I'm little anxious about using my precious Vita while commuting, but since my old PSP is not that important anymore I got these games to help me improve my Japanese and kill time while using public transport.  

This was also my first experience with customs, since the previous game I imported was so cheap that I didn't have to pay anything. I was slightly worried what would happen with customs, thanks to some horror stories, but in the end my experience really uneventful. I just filled a form on internet, the form got approved immediately, then I just had to pay some taxes and my package was sent to my nearest post office. Easy.

And here's pics. (Sorry for super potato quality, I couldn't find anything else with camera other than my Vita)

Spoiler

gkmvn6Y.jpg

And as bonus, my meager physical game collection (excluding my old DS-games, they are in a box elsewhere)

Spoiler

6g15ZFe.jpg

Not exactly a recent purchase, but these are the last figures I got. I bought them in the 'Salón del Manga' event that is held in Barcelona (Spain) every year, so I've had them since late october. And I LOVE them :kosame:

Spoiler

co9asiM.png1VyzfE5.png

Left - Shizuru, from Rewrite.

Right - Haruka, from Little Busters!

• 2 weeks later...

Want.

No, i need to get a Hatsune Miku Figurine..a good one quality speaking..size can vary, i have no problem in that department but i'd rather it not being utterly pricey as some that i've seen are....any tips?

Figured here would be the best place to ask around :sachi: