Racism

Slowpoke

as i told you...oh wait i havent...damn it.

Oh i think we got lots of people who are NOT racist/sexist, i think they have organization of it.

and each person do count.

And Cofee, i`m not sure about others but in my circles of friends, nobody is racist. We have chinese,Indians,Australians and Hongkongnese.

I could only say just be nice to everyone you meet, because first impression are always important. and those small things will make this shitty world better.

Hmm, so you're saying that humanity still has some hope left. Very well.

I don't have racists in my circle of friends but there are homophobes and kinda sexist people.

So, if there are rational people who doesn't mind person's skin color, why does racism still exist?

The willpower of one can change the destiny of all.

It's the Steins;Gate's choice.

Naruhodo.

It's not about changing the world either. A simple joke uttered by a young bully could induce PTSD and--godforbid--destroy a person's life. It's nice to be a good person, you don't need a reason why. You don't have to open the door for someone else and expect global warming to recede.

I don't have racists in my circle of friends but there are homophobes and kinda sexist people.

So, if there are rational people who doesn't mind person's skin color, why does racism still exist?

Prejudice. Also irrational people.

Hm..i`m not sure about my friends...but i do have gay friend and he seems pretty cool with other mates.

and there irrational people who think their race is the best... as i said human isnt a perfect beings. They will hate each other and ofc race is one of the reason.

And yes...Humanity still have some hope...because i believe the Human that i love could change little by little...it may not in my generation or my son/daughter, but i will always believe we can change.

Hm..i`m not sure about my friends...but i do have gay friend and he seems pretty cool with other mates.

and there unrational people who think their race is the best... as i said human isnt a perfect beings. They will hate each other and ofc race is one of the reason.

And yes...Humanity still have some hope...because i believe the Human that i love could change little by little...it may not in my generation or my son/daughter, but i will always believe we can change.

That's what I'm saying. Yes, there could be some group that doesn't discriminate certain traits but it doesn't affect world globally ...at least for now

Nice that everyone agrees. Racism is bad, but it happens. I'm sure that most of the people in the world who are racist were simply raised in an environment that condoned or supported it. To move beyond racism, we need to raise children that disparage it, just like me (and you, and you, and you, and thankfully everyone in this thread). Push it forward.

Yes I agree racism is bad and I would't blame parents for their opinions. You should be able to realize things yourself when you grow up. I know you got influenced by your surroundings, parents etc. but you can't blame others for what you do.

In my case I got a bad opinion but that's mostly because a kilometer or so away we got gunfights and murders at least a couple of times a year what I know by immigrants on other immigrants (probably gangrelated or family feud). How much they hide from public I don't know. I know it is bad to judge everyone but damn it is hard not having a bad opinion when a few ruin everything. 

I blame the society in this case. They failed with the refugee, immigrant policy totally in this case.

I also know everyone got different cultures and traditions and because of that we are different in how we act normally too. What I think is normal is maybe weird for another and vice verse. It isn't just about racism. We lack understanding of cultures and traditions too. 

I must add that I feel the same about nationalists. That isn't the right way to go either.

There's lots of people who think Arabians are terrorist just cuz we are Muslims I hate that it's like where u from oh me I'm from saudi Arabia or Lebanon or emirates oh so your a Muslim? Yes soooo your a terrorist right? Seriously ppl who gave the idea of Arabs are terrorist?

THIS IS VERY RIGHT!!!! Arabian r such a nice people...i have 3 Arabians in my circle and whenever Ramadan coming they asked us to join a feast when they could eat in evening.They r such a nice people.

I really hate it when people avoided my friends just because they are Arabians.

i think this is where "Dont judge the book by its cover" really applies.

Yea i know right?Kinda shocked it didn't turn into a flaming war lol

Because everyone in Fuwa r such a Gentleman and nice peps. If we could appreciate cuteness of 2d's, why couldnt we appreciate people who have different skin colours or religion.

Especially me....i`m a walking bag full of loves,kindness,traps and tsunderes~~~ 

Because everyone in Fuwa r such a Gentleman and nice peps. If we could appreciate cuteness of 2d's, why couldnt we appreciate people who have different skin colours or religion.

Especially me....i`m a walking bag full of loves,kindness,traps and tsunderes~~~ 

Yeah, tell yourself it Mon. :)

We know the truth.

This thread reminds me of this old img:

qEKdbLc.png

Racist like comments might sometimes be seen as racist. But the person is actually not racist per ce.. Older generations I've seen come with such comments. But they aren't actually pointing out their skin or etnhic. They are looking at that culture and the group of people connected to it with dispise. I don't really see this as any different from normal putting people into groups and defining them. We all do it.

As for people beliving that other races are more stupid than the other, they are plainly ignorant or irrational.

There's "Racism", as which the very mention of anything associated with cultural differences may be labelled; and there's racism, "the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

And neither of those definitions exempt honkies.

qEKdbLc.png

Racist like comments might sometimes be seen as racist. But the person is actually not racist per ce.. Older generations I've seen come with such comments. But they aren't actually pointing out their skin or etnhic. They are looking at that culture and the group of people connected to it with dispise. I don't really see this as any different from normal putting people into groups and defining them. We all do it.

As for people beliving that other races are more stupid than the other, they are plainly ignorant or irrational.

I've already mentioned this early too. Even saying that someone is a racist is racist -_-

There's lots of people who think Arabians are terrorist just cuz we are Muslims I hate that it's like where u from oh me I'm from saudi Arabia or Lebanon or emirates oh so your a Muslim? Yes soooo your a terrorist right? Seriously ppl who gave the idea of Arabs are terrorist?

Ignorant people! I've met a lot of us based students in my past and some not all think all Arabs are terrorists. Some take it as a joke and some don't.

qEKdbLc.png

Could you please give me an example of a racist comment that is not actually racist ?