Racism

Slowpoke

Hey everyone, I decided to make this discussion thread on Racism.

Shit, there probably already is a thread and feel free to lock this one if there is, but I just want to vent. lol

So anyways, I was on youtube and there was a comment on this video saying how they get annoyed

when KPOP MVs always have that stereotypical white girl(blonde, blue eyes) and pointed out that they

weren't trying to be racist when they said that.

Then, someone commented and said, "You can't be racist against white people..."

Several other people replied to her comment saying "I hope you're joking, etc." but they're google+ photo was of a KPOP star.

Now, I reply to her comment saying "I pray you are joking" and I myself have my own picture as my google+ photo.

I look like a white girl. When, I'm not lol

Anyways, this other person replied to my comment saying,

"reverse racism aint real. racism is institutionalized, it has history of violence, torture, dehumanization and rape. white people have never exerpeienced this based on racial oppression, you can be biased against white people but not racist. pls shut your white mouth before i shout it for you girl......damn white people gotta chill"

Sooo I replied with,

"what. Racism is racism. I'm not saying there is "reverse" racism, because there isn't. Racism is racism, period. Whether you are any "race". And you're being VERY stereotypical assuming I'm white because of my skin color."

SO, TLDR

Do you think people can be racist towards whites? 

Like Down said it's defined in the dictionary.

"Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior"

Ethnicity is never stated, racism is simply discrimination against someone of a different "race"

So to answer your question, yes, a person of caucasian ethnicity can be a victim of racism.

I'm not against discussion, but keep in mind that any apology of racism is against Fuwa's rules.

And I think that question is simply answered by looking at a dictionary.

Oh. What is an "apology of racism"? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I can be dumb.

But, yes, I know that it can be defined by looking at a dictionary, but people look at things differently I guess.

Everyone wants to own a word, because owning it gives them power. Racism is a powerful word because it gives people the power of a victim no matter who uses it. Notice no matter who uses the word, the other side will always try to take it away from them.

You make a good point, because that is true indeed.

Yep, that's racism.  Doesn't matter what the race is, as long as you're judging, excluding, insulting, etc. someone because of their race, it's racism.

Here's the definition of reverse racism: a theorized condition in which discrimination against a dominant racial group in a society has taken place.

It's me who's dumb. I meant to say advocacy, but got confused with my french. It seems like apologia is a legit english word though.

it is. Apologists are like you say, advocates of an ideology or belief. They defend or make excuses for the existence of said stuff. 

I'd say that anyone can be the target of racism. I havent really thought aobut it too deeply, but it seems kind of obvious that if you're being discriminated against because of your race, regardless of what it is, they are being racist. The whole "reverse racism" thing is probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, too. I dont really understand why they feel that 'racism' is a word created to define specific historical events, but that seems a little obtuse for me to side with. I guess that it synthesizes with the point that white people havent really been wide-scale oppressed because of race as far as I know, but I have no idea where her claim that racism comes inherently from institutionalized roots came from and seems wholly incorrect.

/thread

There's some fancy arguments that you can't not be racist. I won't post them here to avoid walls of text, but it's not something I wouldn't particularly worry about unless there is hate crime involved. 

/off topic

Oh god this is hilarious I loved it.

/thread

There's some fancy arguments that you can't not be racist. I won't post them here to avoid walls of text, but it's not something I wouldn't particularly worry about unless there is hate crime involved. 

Lol going by the video title, me and my mom say that all the time.

Everyone is a little bit racist.

Racism is something you deal with everyday in a small logging/farming town.

There are less than 10 African Americans in my entire town.

As Ive heard before "them niggers aint takin our jobs"

It's the opposite for me. My whole part of the area is just blacks basically.

My friend said before she moved here, she never saw a black person in person before.

But anyways, I didn't mean for anything to pop up like that might turn into a bad discussion.

I just found it quite ignorant to think that white people couldn't be discriminated against, because anyone can be.

:/

It's the opposite for me. My whole part of the area is just blacks basically.

My friend said before she moved here, she never saw a black person in person before.

I just found it quite ignorant to think that white people couldn't be discriminated against, because anyone can be.

:/

That's the way it has been back in New York. My mom has told me stories about people who came to their town never having seen an African American before and being astonished at just how many there were.

There is no doubt that Americans and Europeans are discriminated against in other parts of the world... For too many reasons to list here on Fuwa

Racism is finaly just another form of hatred, everyone can be victim of racism, not just some guys.

As for myself, i don't mind racists, because they are just close-minded and full of sickness, i think their life is boring and uninteresting, and or 1 uninteresting person, you'll always fnd someone other better minded.

For me, racists are the real victims of their sick way of life and thinking.

Racism huh....
Been there many years ago, since i`m an Asian and i got bullied by Caucasian. Ofc it wasnt a pleasant experience, but i will count that as life experience.

Luckily most of my friends from highschool till now is not a racist(although they still makin racist jokes, but it just for fun). And now i`m enjoying my life in Australia better than my hometown, mostly because of friends and such.

Racism huh....

Been there many years ago, since i`m an Asian and i got bullied by Caucasian. Ofc it wasnt a pleasant experience, but i will count that as life experience.

Luckily most of my friends from highschool till now is not a racist(although they still makin racist jokes, but it just for fun). And now i`m enjoying my life in Australia better than my hometown, mostly because of friends and such.

It's never a good experience to be bullied in school, no matter the reason.

It's never a good experience to be bullied in school, no matter the reason.

of course its not....and i took classes that other Asians rarely took, so its not really helping.

Well in the end, i changed school. N my second school is really great.

When i`m still kind of traumatized by racism, many Australians(both my friends and teachers) from my new school were helping me to enjoy school life.

ahhhh it is nice to talk about memories from 4 years ago...i`m feelin old.

well racism here at indonesia is way worse than internet .

bullying, and some stuff (crime stuff , i leave to your imagination "here" <click that for those who curious about my country's racism,)

and it still happening but hidden .

well i myself don't wanna be a racist or so but its still happening everywhere.

well racism here at indonesia is way worse than internet .

bullying, and some stuff (crime stuff , i leave to your imagination "here" <click that for those who curious about my country's racism,)

and it still happening but hidden .

well i myself don't wanna be a racist or so but its still happening everywhere.

Hm....i kinda agree and kinda dont.

Sorry if its kinda confusing. You see i`m an Indonesian too(Chinese to be precise).

And i rarely got discriminate because i`m Chinese by Indonesian. My residence is in  north Jakarta and i rarely see any racist activity.

Then again i`m not sure about school, because when i`m in Indonesia my school is private school.

However i was there when 1998 riot and my family fled to China. It is one of the most memorable event of racism in Indonesia for me.

what i want to say is, after 1998 riot, IMO we have less racism in Indonesia(or my area), however i may be wrong.

I honestly don't think you should pay even a fragment of attention to that person. Racism is every where. Yes I do think racism towards white people is possible. It happens all the time, however some people embed racism. This brings about a misunderstanding.

"Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior

Prejudice:

preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

It's done all the time XD. Did you know that simply stating that a person cannot be racist against a white person is in itself Racist! 

Messed up world huh ?

Racism huh....

Ironical thing is that Caucasians are bullied(discriminated) in other countries too